Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Thinking of getting the Nissan Sylphy (2009 facelift)...

Feedback appreciated...Thanks

I seriously feel sylphy is a good choice [thumbsup] , unfortuntely it's not manual [:(]

↡ Advertisement

I'm currently considering the Sylphy & Allion for my next car change. Both met my criteria for a comfortable & quiet ride.

Ride comfort aside, it's a tough choice, but i'm leaning more towards Allion for the better FC.

Also it's PI vs. AD, though i prefer to go with AD for hassle-free servicings. Few of my friends driving nissans have had good comments about the svc centres [thumbsup]

Any advice?

I'm currently considering the Sylphy & Allion for my next car change. Both met my criteria for a comfortable & quiet ride.

Ride comfort aside, it's a tough choice, but i'm leaning more towards Allion for the better FC.

Also it's PI vs. AD, though i prefer to go with AD for hassle-free servicings. Few of my friends driving nissans have had good comments about the svc centres [thumbsup]

Any advice?

your friends comments are exactly correct, compare to KM svc , TC service price is transparent and resonable, no hidden charges, and service center hardware [thumbsup]

Edited by Quantum

My opinion only:

Sylphy much nice than Allion.

But only certain colour of sylphy looks nice .... saw a golden brown coloured sylphy on the rd one of the day and it was really really exceptionally UGLY !!!

Yalor, have to consider PI/AD for maintenance & servicings... although everyone says normal workshops outside can do liao but still prefers AD servicing & warranty coverage.

Speaking of colour combinations another headache: I prefer light/beige interior with darker body tone. Love the new FL Sylphy titanium (think is the brown u saw & hate [laugh] ) but that one only come with black interior.

For the allion only black interior available i was told, no beige [bigcry]

Edited by Diesel

Neutral Newbie

Had the 1.5L for about 1 year now.

For those who wish to enjoy their ride comfortably but definitely not for those who always want to be first of the blocks. So either read road condition carefully or han-tum accelerator to get out of sticky situation which brings out immediate throttle response.

Cruising at the expressway is a joy because of the longer wheel base.

Suspension on the soft side. So must be gentle over humps.

A luxurious interior compared to similar cc car. (but have premium price to it)

Best is still the rear seats. wide enough for 3 medium size adults. If seat 2 adults(say 1.7m tall) at rear, both can easily cross their legs.

FC: calculate average 2 3-months period: 12.5Km/l and 13.9km/l using caltex 95 60/40 road(again must really read road condition)

Side-comment: I just dont understand pple just like to piah all the way and then i see them at the next traffic light waiting for me( [wave] and i think we would all realise that cruising at about 80-85km/h actually requires using the brakes less and accelerating again(which leads to increase consumption)

So overall a good car but i would wish for more power perhaps a 1.8l version instead of 1.5l.

Hi Rlee: did yr car comes with the Yokohama Aspec Tyres?. how is the tyre is terms of weet grip/noise level?

Cheers!

Overall

used to have a black nissan sylphy 2.0A in the family last time. with upgraded 17" rims and lower profile tyres, the appearance is more handsome and balanced. its not trying to be sporty, but it reduces that bit of uncle-ness. of course, FC and pick up will suffer but i wouldn't expect supercar performance from this ride.

performance is adequate for everyday driving.

steering is too light.

suspension is too soft.

reversing sensor too noisy.

interior space is generous, back legroom is astonishing, actually more legroom than my dad's previous GS300 even though sylphy is smaller in size.

seats are comfortable and leather feels decent (doubt its real leather).

boot space is underused becuz too big.

alot of small compartments, as usual lah japanese car.

the width of the car is slightly more compact, so sitting 3 adults side by side in the back will end up rubbing shoulders frequently.

good amount of luxury feeling inside for the amount of money you are paying.

very stable when travelling at higher speeds (120km/h~)

decent features offered at this price, like keyless entry and ignition, folding side mirrors etc.

exterior appearance is up to you, some like it, some loathe it. i think with decent rims and lower profile tyres, it's quite nice.

Edited by Extramint

my friend just order a 1.5 sylphy. blue in colour.

went down with him to get it. service staff was quite friendly and threw in lots of freebies. tried the car and felt it was quite spacious.

not a bad buy.

Just collected my sylphy 1.5 last week and still enjoying the smell of new car everytime I drive [:p]

Well so far so good, as I was driving a 8 yrs old Mazda 323 before and by all comparison this new ride definitely surpass the old car.

It's really comfortable, and the feel is luxury, for the price you pay, I think is even more comfortable than those entry lever Merc or BMW. The leg room is super generous, the car do not look big from the outside but really feel spacious inside.

I like the light steering wheel, but the stock tyres are really noisy, and the suspension is too soft, feels bumpy for me but rear passenger like it. So fay my youngest always fall asleep while riding in the back.

Very comfortable when cruising along highway, after i collected my car from Lok Yang, and driving along PIE, without realising I hit 120km, did not feel the speed at all, very quiet and stable.

But when I buy this car, I already prepared for the lack of power as compare to my old ride, and true enough, quite a few times this car really do not give me the confidence to change lane or overtake. When i really do, you can hear the engine rev in anger.. like it hates to be worked so hard.

so far had pump Shell 98, but used up quite fast for the first half tank, probably due to heavy travelling during the long weekend. According to trip computer is about 8.8L/100km so far

Overall very satisfy with the car, good as a family car, all passengers are happy riding in it, big boot space to carry all the loads, and comfortable for all. But i really hate the reverse sensor.. it's too noisy and did not give me any real indication at all just beep like mad. Any where I can change it?

for the reversing sensor, its too safe (besides noisy), even when beeping like hell.. the distance is still quite alot i find. its up to you whether u wanna risk it and reverse another 15-20cm. gauge it yourself, i usually do that, unless at places i know its risky, like some MSCP with metal bars which the sensors cannot pick up.

clarify: 15-20cm can mean alot if your lot is suay suay at the area where cars turn infront of yours etc.

Neutral Newbie

Just collected my sylphy 1.5 last week and still enjoying the smell of new car everytime I drive [:p]

Well so far so good, as I was driving a 8 yrs old Mazda 323 before and by all comparison this new ride definitely surpass the old car.

It's really comfortable, and the feel is luxury, for the price you pay, I think is even more comfortable than those entry lever Merc or BMW. The leg room is super generous, the car do not look big from the outside but really feel spacious inside.

I like the light steering wheel, but the stock tyres are really noisy, and the suspension is too soft, feels bumpy for me but rear passenger like it. So fay my youngest always fall asleep while riding in the back.

Very comfortable when cruising along highway, after i collected my car from Lok Yang, and driving along PIE, without realising I hit 120km, did not feel the speed at all, very quiet and stable.

But when I buy this car, I already prepared for the lack of power as compare to my old ride, and true enough, quite a few times this car really do not give me the confidence to change lane or overtake. When i really do, you can hear the engine rev in anger.. like it hates to be worked so hard.

so far had pump Shell 98, but used up quite fast for the first half tank, probably due to heavy travelling during the long weekend. According to trip computer is about 8.8L/100km so far

Overall very satisfy with the car, good as a family car, all passengers are happy riding in it, big boot space to carry all the loads, and comfortable for all. But i really hate the reverse sensor.. it's too noisy and did not give me any real indication at all just beep like mad. Any where I can change it?

Hi there: i am also getting this car soon.

did you change the stock tyre which is yokohama aspec?. i heard it's lousy in wet grip.

also what's the color of yr car

[drivingcar] i don't understand. My 1.5 sylphy fuel consumption drop to about 9/litre after the 10k servicing. I use to hit 11.2. Can anyone tell me why???

as funny as it sounds, i say it is because you drive slowly. true ?

reversing sensor too noisy.

FYI: we can adjust the volume of beeping sound.

Try to locate where the beeper is : it is somewhere near the rear fender area... feel into those holes in the boot ceiling area.

There is a level on the beeper itself.... Lo, Mid , Hi level

FYI: we can adjust the volume of beeping sound.

Try to locate where the beeper is : it is somewhere near the rear fender area... feel into those holes in the boot ceiling area.

There is a level on the beeper itself.... Lo, Mid , Hi level

oh really? I must try out later

Thanks!

Hi there: i am also getting this car soon.

did you change the stock tyre which is yokohama aspec?. i heard it's lousy in wet grip.

also what's the color of yr car

Just collected the car less than a week, so have not change anything yet..

mine is the bordeux red, what about you?

You will definitely enjoy the ride. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Just collected the car less than a week, so have not change anything yet..

mine is the bordeux red, what about you?

You will definitely enjoy the ride. [flowerface]

HI: mine is the steel blue with dark interior but having second thoughts to change it to black with beige interior.

what are the freebies you got from the sale staff?

↡ Advertisement