Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Perfectly fine to want to zhng or add and change things whether for performance or looks. Just that sylphians are generally more stock inclined folks.

For example, one of the things that people commonly do is change wheels. Out of 100 sylphys i see, maybe only 1 or 2 had changed wheels.

I myself bought a sylphy as 1 of my main consideration is for car to have low profile. I cringed when bros in other threads talk about their bread and butter cars making heads turn on the road. Really could not bother with how other people feel i spend my hard earned money.

But i do zhng abit lah just nothing that is visible from outside.

↡ Advertisement

Just an update to share with all Sylphy owners. I just did my 10k servicing at TC LK. They have a large and spacious lounge on level 2 and 2 nice and comfy recliners and very friendly and polite staffs. Maybe, that's why i kept going back to them even though i stay in tampines.

I think I heard some bros mentioned that during the 10k servicing, need to top up some $ for fully synthetic oil. But, they told me they will upgrade to fully synthetic oil for free. Hence, i paid zero $ for my 10k servicing. Maybe its because I got the 2 years free servicing package from them when i bought the car? Anyway, I realized that they gave me 2.5 years (or 50k) worth of servicing! apparently, the 1st 10k is part of complimentary servicing for all new car purchase, and the 2 yrs maintenance package starts from 20k onwards. wow! :a-happy:

After 10k of driving my sylphy, I'm still very happy driving it. Its spacious, comfortable and quiet for me. so far, i have no issue with the performace as I normally do not drive fast. Fuel consumption has been good too. On a 70% City and 30% HW pattern, I get around 13.5km/L. On a 70% HW and 30% city pattern, I can get almost 16km/L ! My old civic 1.8L never got anything close... Though I still hear some of my frens say nissan cars very slow pick up and drinks fuel like water. :a-confused:

I quoted my previous old post is because recently i just got to sit in my fren's brand new jetta TSI 1.4. Hmm.. I was thinking conti car with turbo the interior must be nice and performance must be pretty good. Upon entering the jetta, I was quite surprise to see the interior is totally black, without any other colours of trim?? My arm touches the door and it felt hard and rough. I checked it out and realize its actually hard plastic and not leather padded? Weird? The console has a tiny screen showing radio stations with no GPS feature. No keyless entry no start/stop button? the wordings for aircon were pretty small, and the buttons were pretty small and a bit difficult to press too. No electric chair adjustments or other features too. Got bluetooth at least though. I was really surprised! I tot the interior of a conti car would be much more luxurious? Even our economical sylphy came with soft leather padded door panels. I've sat in a bmw 3 series many times, and I thought i was quite familiar with the high standards of a German branded car, but the jetta was nothing close to that...

Anyway, maybe it was the performance that attracted my fren to buy the car. So he started driving. Another surprise... The car did quite took off as fast as I thought it would? Maybe he light footed? I check the meters, he accelerate from 0 to 1k to 1.5k rpm while we were doing city driving. but we were moving quite slowly... a lot of cars actually over took us.. Then he tried to step in, at this point of time i really could hear the engine roar. In my mind i was thinking, here comes the TSI! But i was wrong, nothing much pretty happened after a 3-5 sec engine roar... Maybe he should have stepped in a little longer before the turbo kicks in and propel us forward?

Comfort wise, seats were a bit stiff like the bmw. Seats were also a bit narrow (for my fat body..) car wasn't as quiet i tot it should be. (of course its still way quieter than our old civic.) despite running on 16 inch thick tires. (well isn't it same tire size as our sylphy??)

I did test drive the jetta before, but that was sometime back when they were selling the sports version with 140 (or 160 Hp??) twin charged engines. I recalled that version was really fast! How come the current jetta is like this? But at 117k, its only less than 10k more ex than our slyphy and I can see why many people are attracted to the German brand.

Any comments?

Bro, I also bought mine in apr 15 and reg for DUO few days ago. Mine was non guaranteed COE too. I've checked and got zero points in my account too. Thanks for the great info! I shall email DUO to get my points!

Yoz mate. I cld only get 11.5km/l max for d 1.8l variant. Travelling abt 30% highway..hopefully by d time when I use synthetic oil, d fc will improve. Otherwise I m like u, no complaints for d car...it has shortage of compartments though internally. Tks for ur sharing.

Perfectly fine to want to zhng or add and change things whether for performance or looks. Just that sylphians are generally more stock inclined folks.

For example, one of the things that people commonly do is change wheels. Out of 100 sylphys i see, maybe only 1 or 2 had changed wheels.

I myself bought a sylphy as 1 of my main consideration is for car to have low profile. I cringed when bros in other threads talk about their bread and butter cars making heads turn on the road. Really could not bother with how other people feel i spend my hard earned money.

Yes, the stock car already has beautiful rims!

• Praise 1

Just an update to share with all Sylphy owners. I just did my 10k servicing at TC LK. They have a large and spacious lounge on level 2 and 2 nice and comfy recliners and very friendly and polite staffs. Maybe, that's why i kept going back to them even though i stay in tampines.

I think I heard some bros mentioned that during the 10k servicing, need to top up some $ for fully synthetic oil. But, they told me they will upgrade to fully synthetic oil for free. Hence, i paid zero $ for my 10k servicing. Maybe its because I got the 2 years free servicing package from them when i bought the car? Anyway, I realized that they gave me 2.5 years (or 50k) worth of servicing! apparently, the 1st 10k is part of complimentary servicing for all new car purchase, and the 2 yrs maintenance package starts from 20k onwards. wow! :a-happy:

After 10k of driving my sylphy, I'm still very happy driving it. Its spacious, comfortable and quiet for me. so far, i have no issue with the performace as I normally do not drive fast. Fuel consumption has been good too. On a 70% City and 30% HW pattern, I get around 13.5km/L. On a 70% HW and 30% city pattern, I can get almost 16km/L ! My old civic 1.8L never got anything close... Though I still hear some of my frens say nissan cars very slow pick up and drinks fuel like water. :a-confused:

I quoted my previous old post is because recently i just got to sit in my fren's brand new jetta TSI 1.4. Hmm.. I was thinking conti car with turbo the interior must be nice and performance must be pretty good. Upon entering the jetta, I was quite surprise to see the interior is totally black, without any other colours of trim?? My arm touches the door and it felt hard and rough. I checked it out and realize its actually hard plastic and not leather padded? Weird? The console has a tiny screen showing radio stations with no GPS feature. No keyless entry no start/stop button? the wordings for aircon were pretty small, and the buttons were pretty small and a bit difficult to press too. No electric chair adjustments or other features too. Got bluetooth at least though. I was really surprised! I tot the interior of a conti car would be much more luxurious? Even our economical sylphy came with soft leather padded door panels. I've sat in a bmw 3 series many times, and I thought i was quite familiar with the high standards of a German branded car, but the jetta was nothing close to that...

Anyway, maybe it was the performance that attracted my fren to buy the car. So he started driving. Another surprise... The car did quite took off as fast as I thought it would? Maybe he light footed? I check the meters, he accelerate from 0 to 1k to 1.5k rpm while we were doing city driving. but we were moving quite slowly... a lot of cars actually over took us.. Then he tried to step in, at this point of time i really could hear the engine roar. In my mind i was thinking, here comes the TSI! But i was wrong, nothing much pretty happened after a 3-5 sec engine roar... Maybe he should have stepped in a little longer before the turbo kicks in and propel us forward?

Comfort wise, seats were a bit stiff like the bmw. Seats were also a bit narrow (for my fat body..) car wasn't as quiet i tot it should be. (of course its still way quieter than our old civic.) despite running on 16 inch thick tires. (well isn't it same tire size as our sylphy??)

I did test drive the jetta before, but that was sometime back when they were selling the sports version with 140 (or 160 Hp??) twin charged engines. I recalled that version was really fast! How come the current jetta is like this? But at 117k, its only less than 10k more ex than our slyphy and I can see why many people are attracted to the German brand.

Any comments?

Bro, I also bought mine in apr 15 and reg for DUO few days ago. Mine was non guaranteed COE too. I've checked and got zero points in my account too. Thanks for the great info! I shall email DUO to get my points!

yes thanks for advice, bro. Had emailed them for the DUO points.

anyway the DuO rewards inside does not have the A-Mat (3M similar) that I want. Also need spend money to buy. hahhaa...

yes yes... mine is behind the driver. wonder why hor? probably can only consult in next service period.

Same here but not til extend i need to slam the door, just push the door a bit harder then usual. After 30k on road, the door seems to close much better or maybe i got use to it.

I check the meters, he accelerate from 0 to 1k to 1.5k rpm while we were doing city driving. but we were moving quite slowly... a lot of cars actually over took us.. Then he tried to step in, at this point of time i really could hear the engine roar. In my mind i was thinking, here comes the TSI! But i was wrong, nothing much pretty happened after a 3-5 sec engine roar... Maybe he should have stepped in a little longer before the turbo kicks in and propel us forward?

Any comments?

I think you friend's Jetta is 1.4 TSI, 121bhp/200Nm engine, with DGS

no surprised pickup sluggish due to DSG low speed idle,

my first tot is to change the wheel but after some serious thinking, i do not think there are many sport rim would look nice on the car. further more, my currently 16inch rim save me from scratch when i hit kerb. only thing i mind is the width of the tires. i would like to change to wider one next year.

my first tot is to change the wheel but after some serious thinking, i do not think there are many sport rim would look nice on the car. further more, my currently 16inch rim save me from scratch when i hit kerb. only thing i mind is the width of the tires. i would like to change to wider one next year.

Went to ask about the tyres hor... the mechanics told us the tyres provided by TC the numbering seems limited for 16". the numbering is 195, common in market one is 205, advise us to change all 4.

Any comments? 

They stopped bringing in the 160hp Jetta Sport because it now falls under Cat B

Also because its OMV is around 22K so must upfront 50%

The current Jetta in the showroom is the 122hp single-turbo model, with alot of options (paddle shifters, big touch-screen AV system etc.) taken out to drop the OMV below 20K 

They stopped bringing in the 160hp Jetta Sport because it now falls under Cat B

Also because its OMV is around 22K so must upfront 50%

The current Jetta in the showroom is the 122hp single-turbo model, with alot of options (paddle shifters, big touch-screen AV system etc.) taken out to drop the OMV below 20K 

Oh ya, my fren told me his jetta omv only 19k! My sylphy is 15.5k. thats like only 3.5k more than sylphy... Quite very pooly spec for a German car actually. so at 117k, i don't really feel its good value for money.

I have read several online articles arguing for and against Neutral gear.

I used it extensively for my 2nd hand Altis. The result is increased distance per litre esp on flat terrain where it just glides for hundreds of metres.

But since I got my Sylphy, I stopped doing that. I read that a free cruising car on Neutral will hurt the gear box in the long run. Of course notwithstanding the danger on a downslope, a car on Neutral gear on stationary is safer.

What's your take?

Oh ya, my fren told me his jetta omv only 19k! My sylphy is 15.5k. thats like only 3.5k more than sylphy... Quite very pooly spec for a German car actually. so at 117k, i don't really feel its good value for money.

You have to reduce another $5000 for CEVS rebate......

As a Jetta Sport owner, it feels damn depressing to sit in the current Jetta in the showroom.

A lot of the options i have are not on the showroom car. Instead it ends up with a puny monochrome screen AV system, there are no paddle shifters and they omitted out the underseat drawers (these are awesome for parking coupons and portable umbrellas)

Coming back to topic, has anyone gone and test-driven the 1.6 litre Sylphy with turbo? This seems like a decent car to consider as a replacement in a couple of years time.

Went to ask about the tyres hor... the mechanics told us the tyres provided by TC the numbering seems limited for 16". the numbering is 195, common in market one is 205, advise us to change all 4.

yes, the size is odd in singapore.

to remain the same diameter of the current wheel size with wider tires, we need get 215/55/R16 tyres. there are a lot option out there. I looking at GR 100

http://www.bridgestone.com.sg/product_gr100.html

looking at the wheel arc of our car, it should fit in without any issue. but the price is...

i did search on web, seems like hankook and Kumho have 215/55/R16 tyres too.

yes, the size is odd in singapore.

to remain the same diameter of the current wheel size with wider tires, we need get 215/55/R16 tyres. there are a lot option out there. I looking at GR 100

http://www.bridgestone.com.sg/product_gr100.html

looking at the wheel arc of our car, it should fit in without any issue. but the price is...

i did search on web, seems like hankook and Kumho have 215/55/R16 tyres too.

I also realized that the tires they gave is of an odd size. Can we fit 205/55/16r (same as civic) ? 215 width will be too wide? very scared affect fuel consumption. but then, i think it will quite long before i even have to worry about tires replacement. 1 set can go 50k to 60k? i only travel ~20k per yr. So probably need replace them in 2yr plus time.

I also realized that the tires they gave is of an odd size. Can we fit 205/55/16r (same as civic) ? 215 width will be too wide? very scared affect fuel consumption. but then, i think it will quite long before i even have to worry about tires replacement. 1 set can go 50k to 60k? i only travel ~20k per yr. So probably need replace them in 2yr plus time.

no issue with that.  I am currently on Michelin PS3 205/55/16.....still getting 14 - 15km/l

no issue with that.  I am currently on Michelin PS3 205/55/16.....still getting 14 - 15km/l

mine is 17" and unsure if this contributes to my FC at 11.5km/l...Mmmmmm. Mileage at abt 1300km.

no issue with that. I am currently on Michelin PS3 205/55/16.....still getting 14 - 15km/l

You changed all 4 in a shot? Cannot mix with current one right? Sorry for asking noob question because still new about cars. Previous ride no such issue with my 14" wheels. Hahha...

↡ Advertisement