Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Hi... For bros with signature slyphy.. Do you call the signature hotline or svc centre for car servicing appointment?

I call d svc ctr...and i will rx a msg from a mobile linr for each of my svcgs scheduled .

↡ Advertisement

Collected my Sylphy premium today, cannot find the ECO mode button or this model doesn't have ?

Use the controls on the steering wheel to look mat your odometer. One of the menu displayed will be like the music bar while on the move, the length of the bar will lengthen or shorten, depending on how much pedal you had stepped.

More fuel efficient if you let it idle-step-idle.

Less fuel efficient if you keep on stepping stepping stepping.

Observed this myself and pardon my limited english.

Bad in describing.

Just pumped my second tank of petrol today. Drove till about 560km and hit reserve fuel. Drove for another 10km to pump petrol. Filled to he brim with 45l of petrol and calculated to about 13km/l with 75hw/25city. Anyway that is only the first tank of usage.

Just pumped my second tank of petrol today. Drove till about 560km and hit reserve fuel. Drove for another 10km to pump petrol. Filled to he brim with 45l of petrol and calculated to about 13km/l with 75hw/25city. Anyway that is only the first tank of usage.

wow...1.6 or 1.8 variant??? Very good FC.

Collected my Sylphy premium today, cannot find the ECO mode button or this model doesn't have ?

There is no Eco mode built in for local sylphys. You have to install your own throttle controller to get it.

Thanks, my is 1.6L, you mean the 1.8L also not having this option?

Hi any bros know how to view the front camera and the rear camera as inserted using the front head unit ? like picture In picture(small)

It's the 1.6. I am quite ok as I am quite a heavy footer especially during pick-ups.

Thanks, my is 1.6L, you mean the 1.8L also not having this option?

Hi any bros know how to view the front camera and the rear camera as inserted using the front head unit ? like picture In picture(small)

main menu and select the DVR icon..

There is no Eco mode built in for local sylphys. You have to install your own throttle controller to get it.

According to this sg review, there is leh..http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/content/onemotoring/en/motoring_buzz/road_tests/sedan0/Nissan_Sylphy_1_8L_Premium.print.html

"Should you decide to go into fuel-saving mode, there's an Eco meter function on the central LCD display in the instrument binnacle to aid you."

Edited by danzo

One funny thing I noted and concurring with some fellow slyphy drivers is the sound insulation at the rear seat.

I was driving home and the road was wet Ñ my son asked me.. "papa.. Did the water on the road splashed into the car..will it be flooded..? Lol...

Apologies if I had misinterpreted Silver323's question. I thought he is asking if there is an ECO mode button to press which will change the acceleration response to less aggresive and hence save fuel. This ECO mode button is quite commonly found in many cars, is given in Sylphy/Sentra/Pulsar sold in many countries except Singapore. I observed that all the variants (1.6,1.8, 1.6t) sold by TC here don't have.

The ECO meter is a passive monitor that lets you observe the instantaneous fuel efficiency.

According to this sg review, there is leh..http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/content/onemotoring/en/motoring_buzz/road_tests/sedan0/Nissan_Sylphy_1_8L_Premium.print.html

"Should you decide to go into fuel-saving mode, there's an Eco meter function on the central LCD display in the instrument binnacle to aid you."

Yes, this had been feedback by many Sylphians earlier in this thread.

One funny thing I noted and concurring with some fellow slyphy drivers is the sound insulation at the rear seat.

I was driving home and the road was wet Ñ my son asked me.. "papa.. Did the water on the road splashed into the car..will it be flooded..? Lol...

main menu and select the DVR icon..

I played with it can only show front camera image but how to view the rear camera image as insert or how to view rear camera live image. thanks

For me when I tap on the DVR icon both recordings can be seen with the rear cam at the upper right of the HU. if not you try to play back on PC to see if you can see both recordings.

Have been driving the sylphy for about a month so far and no regrets in getting one.

There are a few features which I may have missed in the brochure which I found out through normal driving.

1) Hill Assist / CVT Hold?

There were a few instances when the car was on an upwards slope and when I let off the brakes the car would still hold position without rolling back until I shift my foot to the accelerator.

2) Sport Mode

Press the button on the gear stick when in D mode.

I feel this does nothing much except force the RPM to be constantly high and maybe a little teeny bit more of low-end torque?

3) Soft-touch Signal Lights

Tap the signal lights gently and it will signal the intended direction for 2-3secs and go off by itself.
This is convenient that you do not have to push back the signal stick again after your lane change maneuver.

I had my reservations about the fuel consumption before buying as well because my impression of Nissan is they have an ok engine, comfortable ride, but appalling FC.

After driving for close to 2000km, I find the new sylphy's FC is not that far off from my previous car, the CVT FC champion Honda City iDSI. (Year 04/05 tech running 16-17km/l)

In comparison, Nissan's Xtronic CVT is more sensitive, more eager to rev, but with good footwork, it still behaves similarly to the first-gen CVT that I was so familiar with.

My driving pattern is about 65/35 (highway/city).

I will let the pictures do the talking.

LXUn2Ll.jpg?1

• Praise 1

Have been driving the sylphy for about a month so far and no regrets in getting one.

There are a few features which I may have missed in the brochure which I found out through normal driving.

1) Hill Assist / CVT Hold?

There were a few instances when the car was on an upwards slope and when I let off the brakes the car would still hold position without rolling back until I shift my foot to the accelerator.

2) Sport Mode

Press the button on the gear stick when in D mode.

I feel this does nothing much except force the RPM to be constantly high and maybe a little teeny bit more of low-end torque?

3) Soft-touch Signal Lights

Tap the signal lights gently and it will signal the intended direction for 2-3secs and go off by itself.

This is convenient that you do not have to push back the signal stick again after your lane change maneuver.

I had my reservations about the fuel consumption before buying as well because my impression of Nissan is they have an ok engine, comfortable ride, but appalling FC.

After driving for close to 2000km, I find the new sylphy's FC is not that far off from my previous car, the CVT FC champion Honda City iDSI. (Year 04/05 tech running 16-17km/l)

In comparison, Nissan's Xtronic CVT is more sensitive, more eager to rev, but with good footwork, it still behaves similarly to the first-gen CVT that I was so familiar with.

My driving pattern is about 65/35 (highway/city).

I will let the pictures do the talking.

LXUn2Ll.jpg?1

Did you do a manual calculation? As in mileage against the number of liters that you top up? Any variants against the speedometer?

Hi... For bros with signature slyphy.. Do you call the signature hotline or svc centre for car servicing appointment?

Actually since the first day I collected my car, my sales rep said must call her for any car servicing appointment and she will book for me. Therefore my 1k, 5k and 10k all called her to make appointment.