Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Hi,

Just received my Sylphy and have the following questions. Hopefully someone can help :)

1) I recall reading somewhere in the manual that says doors are automatically locked when the car reaches 10km/h. But so far the doors aren't locked automatically. I must press the lock button to lock all doors. Is this the same experience for you?

2) The display unit has an ipod function. I'm not sure how to use it. I attached an iphone to the usb port inside the compartment where you rest your left elbow. But it says no ipod is detected. I'm assuming it should work for iphone. It also doesn't charge the iphone.

3) Is it true that after first servicing, the FC will improve? So far I'm getting average 10.9km/l only, and I'm pretty light-footed.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Monkster

1 year old slyphy no more free servicing from tan cheong.

Should we go back to tan cheong for servicing or any outside workshop can do the service job ?

Please advise.

Thank you very much

Tan Cheong may say that your use of outside workshop voids the warranty for the balance of the warranty period.

However, if you think you will not have need to make use of the warranty, then go ahead to use the outside workshop as usually they are cheaper.

[However, there have been instances in the past where the warranty did come in useful when certain manufacturing defects occured and Nissan Japan / Tan Cheong willing to rectify]

Hi,

Just received my Sylphy and have the following questions. Hopefully someone can help :)

1) I recall reading somewhere in the manual that says doors are automatically locked when the car reaches 10km/h. But so far the doors aren't locked automatically. I must press the lock button to lock all doors. Is this the same experience for you?

2) The display unit has an ipod function. I'm not sure how to use it. I attached an iphone to the usb port inside the compartment where you rest your left elbow. But it says no ipod is detected. I'm assuming it should work for iphone. It also doesn't charge the iphone.

3) Is it true that after first servicing, the FC will improve? So far I'm getting average 10.9km/l only, and I'm pretty light-footed.

Thanks for reading!

1. Same issue as urs.

2. Cnt comment s i am anti-apple n dun use their products.

3. Same. Is urs a 1.8l with bodykit n sports rim? I am on spc 95 petrol but doubt d petrol used is an issue.

Hope to hear fr u...

Tks.

Nope. Done by outside audio shop. Cost $50 per layer per door.

How much of ur fc was reduced? By 2km per litre or more?

1. Same issue as urs.

3. Same. Is urs a 1.8l with bodykit n sports rim? I am on spc 95 petrol but doubt d petrol used is an issue.

Hope to hear fr u...

Tks.

Dont have much impact to FC.  I am still getting 14.8 - 15.1 km/l with the mileage at 34k.

Take note i had put in double layer per door.

I like the firm feeling of the door when shut as compared to the hollow sound.  

Did the same to my previous ride latio and not much impact to FC at all.

Tan Cheong may say that your use of outside workshop voids the warranty for the balance of the warranty period.

However, if you think you will not have need to make use of the warranty, then go ahead to use the outside workshop as usually they are cheaper.

[However, there have been instances in the past where the warranty did come in useful when certain manufacturing defects occured and Nissan Japan / Tan Cheong willing to rectify]

I share the same thoughts.  with Tan Chong giving us 5 yrs unlimited warranty, it is best to stick to them for servicing in order to aovid any excuses of void warranty.  i get the NPMP which cost $1300 for 4 servicings.  If you used up the four servicings and buy another NPMP, you get 10% discount.  So i see u only need to get at most 2 NPMP for the 5 yr duration which cost of total $2500.

I know doing outside servicing maybe a couple of hundreds cheaper.  NPMP will cover brake pads and spark plugs which also reduce this price gaps. But for peace of mind, i rather stick to them for the first 4 to 5 yrs despite so many lobangs with my own mechanics. That's just my 2 cents of thoughts.  

1. Same issue as urs.

Hope to hear fr u...

Tks.

Mine is a 1.6 Premium, and I'm also on SPC 95. I don't think the petrol makes such a big difference, if at all.

Neutral Newbie

I share the same thoughts.  with Tan Chong giving us 5 yrs unlimited warranty, it is best to stick to them for servicing in order to aovid any excuses of void warranty.  i get the NPMP which cost $1300 for 4 servicings.  If you used up the four servicings and buy another NPMP, you get 10% discount.  So i see u only need to get at most 2 NPMP for the 5 yr duration which cost of total $2500.

I know doing outside servicing maybe a couple of hundreds cheaper.  NPMP will cover brake pads and spark plugs which also reduce this price gaps. But for peace of mind, i rather stick to them for the first 4 to 5 yrs despite so many lobangs with my own mechanics. That's just my 2 cents of thoughts.  

How do I sign up for the NPMP package? Just completed my free 3 servicing and nobody ask me whether I want to sign up..

How do I sign up for the NPMP package? Just completed my free 3 servicing and nobody ask me whether I want to sign up..

you can always request to sign up NPMP during your servicings....just talk to the SA when you are handing over your car for servicing.

you can always request to sign up NPMP during your servicings....just talk to the SA when you are handing over your car for servicing.

Remember to use your Duo points also (may be good for a few $10s of dollars of discount).  Otherwise, once expired, will be wasted.

I did not use for my old car - forgot had such thing.  Only new car, then discovered had some left over points from last few servicing of old car.

Dont have much impact to FC. I am still getting 14.8 - 15.1 km/l with the mileage at 34k.

Take note i had put in double layer per door.

I like the firm feeling of the door when shut as compared to the hollow sound.

Did the same to my previous ride latio and not much impact to FC at all.

..wow that's amazing fc.

For me. Am at 10k now.

Journey to office is about 7km of crawling daily due to bad traffic. . Same thing going home.

I get about 10.5km/l.

This is based on petrol/km traveled, not the dash display. I noticed dash is better numbers.

However, on weeks when I need to travel to clients and hit lots of expressway, I get about 12km/l.

How's your travel profile like?

Neutral Newbie

New sylphy good FC?

My sylphy 1+ year FC about 14km/L. When I first gotten car, it was 14.5km/L, after went in for 1st servicing, dropped to 13.5km/L.. Use my own engine oil and it went back up to average 14km/L. Driving conditions 70% highway

My sylphy 1+ year FC about 14km/L. When I first gotten car, it was 14.5km/L, after went in for 1st servicing, dropped to 13.5km/L.. Use my own engine oil and it went back up to average 14km/L. Driving conditions 70% highway

Nice FC, somewhere near Note's. Actual is 16km compared to paper 20km+

With all the probs popping out less than a year of owning it, sure doesn't boil down well here =/

What probs? U meant those new sylphy?