Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Neutral Newbie

recently many carpark barriers (shopping centres and HDB carparks) cannot detect the cashcard in my IU unit. IU has can read the amount left. I have tried both normal cashcard and cepas but also cannot and have to manually insert the cashcard to pay the parking charges.

But i have no problems with ERP. any bros encountered this before? Tks.

Yes.... I got this problem too. It always take some time to read or need to reinsert the cash card a few times.

Look like I hit most of the problem mention in this forum. I think I have a lemon car

↡ Advertisement

Yes.... I got this problem too. It always take some time to read or need to reinsert the cash card a few times.

Look like I hit most of the problem mention in this forum. I think I have a lemon car

what problem??? this new cash card machine... just dun do well with some carpark gantry... i believe other car oso have the same problem...

Edited by Devilcup

Oh no..... seem like the rumours of "radiator fan malfunction problem after one plus year ...... " is true.

No indicator of failing .....my car was around 39k and was tow back to TC due to radiator fan motor. Very very dissatisfied dissapointed.

Reported the Brake squeaky sound again to SA during fixing the radiator fan motor. So call serviced the brake for me but problem come next day again. Cant accept brake dust is the problem..... how come other car don't have this brake squeaky problem. Feel very embarrassing every morning. As l am just like driving a old lorry/van ....

Hi. How much was the replacement of the radiator fan? I thought when we purchase d car, it comes with at least 100k km mileage faulty component coverage or within the first 2-3years. Maybe shld hv banged table if u felt shortchanged. I may hv done it though. Just feeling concerned that it occurred, in ur case, too premature for a 1yr plus old car.

I googled on faulty or ageing radiator issues. It seems bent fins n puddles of leaked coolant are signs of an ageing radiator.Did u notice these symptoms?

Fr ur posting, it seems ur vehicle cld nt b driven n i guess it must hv caused a fair bit of anxiety for such a new car even though it was 1 year plus.

Oh no..... seem like the rumours of "radiator fan malfunction problem after one plus year ...... " is true.

No indicator of failing .....my car was around 39k and was tow back to TC due to radiator fan motor. Very very dissatisfied dissapointed.

Reported the Brake squeaky sound again to SA during fixing the radiator fan motor. So call serviced the brake for me but problem come next day again. Cant accept brake dust is the problem..... how come other car don't have this brake squeaky problem. Feel very embarrassing every morning. As l am just like driving a old lorry/van ....

Hi. How much was the replacement of the radiator fan? I thought when we purchase d car, it comes with at least 100k km mileage faulty component coverage or within the first 2-3years. Maybe shld hv banged table if u felt shortchanged. I may hv done it though. Just feeling concerned that it occurred, in ur case, too premature for a 1yr plus old car.

I googled on faulty or ageing radiator issues. It seems bent fins n puddles of leaked coolant are signs of an ageing radiator.Did u notice these symptoms?

Fr ur posting, it seems ur vehicle cld nt b driven n i guess it must hv caused a fair bit of anxiety for such a new car even though it was 1 year plus.

When approaching the barrier, slow down (dead slow)... When you are at the gantry point, STOP. Important is you MUST STOP completely. Otherwise....you need to go back and forth.... [laugh]

Been having this issue with HDB CPs until I do above. Perhaps it will help you.

recently many carpark barriers (shopping centres and HDB carparks) cannot detect the cashcard in my IU unit. IU has can read the amount left. I have tried both normal cashcard and cepas but also cannot and have to manually insert the cashcard to pay the parking charges.

But i have no problems with ERP. any bros encountered this before? Tks.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

How's the reliability of this Sylphy? Sound like lots of problems here and there? 

I read a few reviews, all very positive.

• Praise 1

Silly question.

Just went to cck cemetery for ching ming.

Realise the GPS don't cover the paths and lanes inside the cemetery.

Anyone know if need to update or just don't have that area map?

On a side note, not too sure if we will be getting this refreshed Sylphy (Sentra in the US), new front-end design and slightly different interior.

2016-nissan-sentra-011-1.jpg

2016-nissan-sentra-016-1.jpg

2016-nissan-sentra-003-1.jpg

2016-nissan-sentra-005-1.jpg

I always felt the front end look ok. It's the backside that's not nice. .
  • Praise 2

Hi all,

I jus got my ride yesterday, I noticed that there are bubbles on the solar film. Can I request to redo again?

Also another weird scenario I encountered is sometimes when I slow down before an upslope for a sec and when I stepped on the accelerator the car doesn't move up the slope. It seems like a loss of power moving off.

I need to stop for 2 to 3 sec and step on the accelerator again to move off.

Anyone has encountered this problem before?

Thank you.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I jus got my ride yesterday, I noticed that there are bubbles on the solar film. Can I request to redo again?

Also another weird scenario I encountered is sometimes when I slow down before an upslope for a sec and when I stepped on the accelerator the car doesn't move up the slope. It seems like a loss of power moving off.

Thank you.

You might want to observe for the next 5 days and see if the bubbles will disappear over time.

If it doesn't, then you might want to do ur 1k servicing and request for a change of solar film.

as for the lack of power responsiveness, i do not feel observe it on my ride.

Hope these info helps.

• Praise 1

Hi all,

Thank you.

I encountered ur upslope issue, but was a small hump right at the barrier of HDB carpark, where hump is on a slight slope.

When front wheels just touch the hump, i braked and wait for barrier to be lifted, then i step accelerator to drive off, this is when i will experience car struggle to go over that hump. I have to either step harder or let it roll back abit before stepping forward.

So what i do now is that i stop just before the hump (front wheels not touching hump) and wait for barrier to be lift, then I go.

I don't know why :(

• Praise 1

Hi bro, thnxs for the reply. Will monitor the bubbles for another few days. Anyway noticed a small cut on my solar film (windscreen) so most probably will get it replaced during my 1K servicing.

I encountered ur upslope issue, but was a small hump right at the barrier of HDB carpark, where hump is on a slight slope.

When front wheels just touch the hump, i braked and wait for barrier to be lifted, then i step accelerator to drive off, this is when i will experience car struggle to go over that hump. I have to either step harder or let it roll back abit before stepping forward.

So what i do now is that i stop just before the hump (front wheels not touching hump) and wait for barrier to be lift, then I go.

Hi bro, yes, this is the situation tat happens to me. Dun know why car stop at hump area then no power to go over the hump. Need to step n release accelerator few times then ok.

Will try to stop further from hump now but I think it is not right. Will raise this question up during my 1k servicing.

Thnxs a lot. Cheers.

I don't know why :(

Hi bro, thnxs for the reply. Will monitor the bubbles for another few days. Anyway noticed a small cut on my solar film (windscreen) so most probably will get it replaced during my 1K servicing.

the warranty is covered by ultramax for 1 year. If you want to change, i think they are at bukit timah TC.  IF go UBI branch, better call to check first to see if they are there.

• Praise 1