Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Hello all Sylphy folks,

can anyone advise how to distinguish 1.6NA and 1.8T from exterior? looks exactly same lah

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hello all Sylphy folks,

can anyone advise how to distinguish 1.6NA and 1.8T from exterior? looks exactly same lah

I assume u mean 1.6t. 1.8t sentra was only concept.

The main exterior diff:

1.6t has matt black front grill.

1.6t has 17 inch double spoke curvy rims.

1.6t has rear spoiler with 3rd brake light.

1.6t exhaust tip seems slightly bigger.

Body kit diff. This one you need to open up photo of all versions and compare the details.

Basically 1.6t has the bodykit and wheels of the n american sentra sr trim.

I compared only sg version. Thai ver of 1.6t has sunroof and carbon fibre side mirrors.

Edited by Columbian78

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Am getting my ride this Thursday. Any advice on what to look out for. The car collection centre is really far. Hope I can get used to the car.

• Praise 1

Just ranting here and giving bros here an idea whether you should do paint protection coating on your new sylphy.

Do coating until too shiny kena scratch.

Never do coating if kena scratch might end up with exposed metal.

Parked my car friday evening 5pm+ to 11pm at the free carpark opposite orchid park condo in Yishun and passenger side got scratched by somebody intentionally...

It was on parallel lots on the right side of carpark entrance and car was ensured parked properly to clear any doubts.

I pieced together the sequence with the starting point and heaviest scratch at number 1 all the way to number 5. It is not a continuous scratch line but multiple relentless attempts as the perpetrator walked alongside my car.

It may be confusing to see another vehicle in the photo reflection as it is of another car I parked beside when I took the photos.

The scratches are more evident in the naked eye than in the photos.

Had I not done my PPS with ceramic pro 6 months ago the damage could possibly have been more severe because this is an intentional, malicious and experienced vandal sicko.

Will have to check with them if these scratches could be rectified the next time I go down for a car wash...

dVP9RDn.jpg

• Praise 1

Just ranting here and giving bros here an idea whether you should do paint protection coating on your new sylphy.

Parked my car friday evening 5pm+ to 11pm at the free carpark opposite orchid park condo in Yishun and passenger side got scratched by somebody intentionally...

It was on parallel lots on the right side of carpark entrance and car was ensured parked properly to clear any doubts.

I pieced together the sequence with the starting point and heaviest scratch at number 1 all the way to number 5. It is not a continuous scratch line but multiple relentless attempts as the perpetrator walked alongside my car.

It may be confusing to see another vehicle in the photo reflection as it is of another car I parked beside when I took the photos.

Had I not done my PPS with ceramic pro 6 months ago the damage could possibly have been more severe because this is an intentional, malicious and experienced vandal sicko.

Will have to check with them if these scratches could be rectified the next time I go down for a car wash...

dVP9RDn.jpg

Hi Bro,

Please contact George @ 96355760 for rectification. From the image, it looks like damage is limited to Ceramic PRO 9H only. It can be rectify easily. The water beading on the surface still looks pretty good. 

anyone change air con filter on 2014 sylphy? dun seems to able to find the filter or even the compartment for the filter...

I am not sure where exactly but usually for nissan is hidding besides front pass side compartment. You need to take out the compartment to access to the filter.

anyone change air con filter on 2014 sylphy? dun seems to able to find the filter or even the compartment for the filter...

• Praise 1

I am not sure where exactly but usually for nissan is hidding besides front pass side compartment. You need to take out the compartment to access to the filter.

You need to remove the gloves compartment to access the air filter. You need a torx driver (with internal tamper proof pin, can't remember the size) to open. There total 6 or 8 screws on the top and bottom of the gloves compartment. 

After removing the compartment, the air filter housing is easily accessible. Open the filter housing cover and pull out the filter. If you got the China Sylphy air filter, you need to cut it shorter, their air filter is slight longer.

• Praise 2

(edited)

1) Tigerjos
2) Acetron
3) Robtan99
4) Ptoh
5) columbian78
6) eug1388

7) Jim123

8) sigeena

Edited by Sigeena

Recently I had to replace the battery in my car remote.

2 weeks ago, my remote was weak. It wasn't able to unlock the doors, so I had to use the steel key and manually unlock. Take note that this only unlocks the driver's side. And I had to tap my remote next to the PUSH start for it to sense the remote.

Locking the car after driving was a hassle. Somehow, if you lock the driver's door and close it, it unlocks the other doors on the passenger as well as the rear doors. I had to figure out a sequential routine, so that I could end up locking the driver's side with my key. Mind you, it was 3-4 am that night, so my brain wasn't moving the fastest.

Replacing the battery is simple. The standard battery is a CR2025, I bought a CR2032. No problems, it'll still work, just that it's marginally thicker.

• Praise 1

Recently I had to replace the battery in my car remote.

2 weeks ago, my remote was weak. It wasn't able to unlock the doors, so I had to use the steel key and manually unlock. Take note that this only unlocks the driver's side. And I had to tap my remote next to the PUSH start for it to sense the remote.

Locking the car after driving was a hassle. Somehow, if you lock the driver's door and close it, it unlocks the other doors on the passenger as well as the rear doors. I had to figure out a sequential routine, so that I could end up locking the driver's side with my key. Mind you, it was 3-4 am that night, so my brain wasn't moving the fastest.

Replacing the battery is simple. The standard battery is a CR2025, I bought a CR2032. No problems, it'll still work, just that it's marginally thicker.

Hi. How long did u use ur old battery until it decided to tease u for a replacement? So that i cn b more conscious when to replace mine.

Usually i use one set for my daily rides and keep d other s a spare. Tks.

I changed my batt after about 1 year cos the transmission somehow does not seem so receptive. Can buy the cr2025 batt around 1.50 to 2 at sim lim tower or sq. those typical hardware shops in neighborhoods maybe 50c more.

Hi. How long did u use ur old battery until it decided to tease u for a replacement? So that i cn b more conscious when to replace mine.

Usually i use one set for my daily rides and keep d other s a spare. Tks.

It's coming to 2 years. I would say that you'll have about 2-3 days reaction time when it starts giving out on you.

As we all know one of the big downside to our sylphy is that it does not come with electronic traction control or esp. Although it will be impossible to modify ourselves to include traction control electronically, next best option is to tweak the mechanical control aspect.

Recommend sylphy bros to consider installing this rear anti-roll bar. The bar itself weighs about 3-4kg, ~18mm diameter. Installation is plug and play screwed onto our under chassis existing mounting points. No 3rd party drilling is needed as they have a specific size  for our sylphy with specific length and mounting points.

Been driving for 2 days with it and the difference is noticable. The rear becomes less bouncy and bumpy and the back now follows the front more tightly when turning or changing lanes. On highway straights, the ride feels more firm and planted. Steering-wise it still feels light but not ~that~ light anymore when cruising at 100km/h. Overall the car feels slightly more responsive to the steering, not so floaty as before.

Did my research and of so many different strut bars and such but if there is only one bar that is needed it would be this rear anti-roll bar.

For bros savvy enough to go north, I did mine near KSL for only 500rm all in.(mention you from sylphy club gst absorbed)
Do note there are many imitations floating around so only go to those shops listed on the official website as authorised resellers.

02VhHlt.jpg

• Praise 1

dVP9RDn.jpg

Hi,

Just chanced upon your post. Agree with Ace GT. The damages seems like they are on Ceramic PRO 9H's surface.

For a follow up, has your vandalised parts been rectified effectively? 

Regards,

Darly

• Praise 1

Hi,

Just chanced upon your post. Agree with Ace GT. The damages seems like they are on Ceramic PRO 9H's surface.

For a follow up, has your vandalised parts been rectified effectively? 

Regards,

Darly

Yes it is done. Unbiased service from them.  [thumbsup]

Thanks for following up.

↡ Advertisement