Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Do you know Sylphy is made in thailand and your latio is made in Japan? Therefore you cannot assume the Sylphy will be as problem free as latio.

Last time all the Nissan cars sold in Singapore were from Japan. Now its mostly from Thailand.

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 2nd hand 2010/2011 Sylphy 1.5, the version just before the current one I think. I have been travelling alot for work so 50% of the time I am not in Singapore so I have been buying cars left 2 years kind, the strategy is to find cars that OMV rebate can match to my initial downpayment, so meaning the cost of the car to me is just the loan payments of less than 900 per month (of course other things road tax, insurance no count yet lah) like so the Sylphy seems to match my requirements with average OMV around 18K and 2nd hand market selling around 26-29K, so downpayment is less than 9K.

I used to own a Latio and honestly I am impressed back then because the cabin space is seriously huge for a 1.5 car and I have a 2L Accord before and to me, I am big size, the Lation was more spacious for me than Accord. I am not concerned about performance in terms of speed or pick up since in Singapore, I will mostly drive to and fro work and weekends just here and there, no long distance driving like to Malaysia or what.... so my only questions will be, are there any known big issues with Sylphy batches of those years of production? I had minimal issues with Latio until end of life so was quite impressed with Nissan where I used to think Nissan is lousy.

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Do you know Sylphy is made in thailand and your latio is made in Japan? Therefore you cannot assume the Sylphy will be as problem free as latio.

Last time all the Nissan cars sold in Singapore were from Japan. Now its mostly from Thailand.

Eh I am not assuming that is why I am asking....and I thought Sylphy 2010/11 batch was still made in Japan or am I wrong? Looking for advice on past owners or current ones who might have insights to this car :)

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 2nd hand 2010/2011 Sylphy 1.5, the version just before the current one I think. I have been travelling alot for work so 50% of the time I am not in Singapore so I have been buying cars left 2 years kind, the strategy is to find cars that OMV rebate can match to my initial downpayment, so meaning the cost of the car to me is just the loan payments of less than 900 per month (of course other things road tax, insurance no count yet lah) like so the Sylphy seems to match my requirements with average OMV around 18K and 2nd hand market selling around 26-29K, so downpayment is less than 9K.

I used to own a Latio and honestly I am impressed back then because the cabin space is seriously huge for a 1.5 car and I have a 2L Accord before and to me, I am big size, the Lation was more spacious for me than Accord. I am not concerned about performance in terms of speed or pick up since in Singapore, I will mostly drive to and fro work and weekends just here and there, no long distance driving like to Malaysia or what.... so my only questions will be, are there any known big issues with Sylphy batches of those years of production? I had minimal issues with Latio until end of life so was quite impressed with Nissan where I used to think Nissan is lousy.

Thanks in advance!

I have a late 2009 one (registered early 2010). No problems. Real good workhorse. Has stabiliser links changed in Malaysia last weekend for less than S$50.

I have a late 2009 one (registered early 2010). No problems. Real good workhorse. Has stabiliser links changed in Malaysia last weekend for less than S$50.

Thanks! Nice to hear that! ^_^

Pulsar and QQ made in UK.

• Praise 1

Some feedback on 2015 Sylphy.

Pros:

- Spacious interior, spacious boot

- Aircon is strong and no major problems so far (blower was placed FOC under Infinite Shield program)

- Price point was lower than fellow "Japanese" 1.6L sedans

- Drive was quite smooth and steady after having picked up on acceleration

Cons:

- CD player spoilt after 2 years, followed by radio (3.5 years). Nissan said to replace the whole motherboard needs 300+

- Seat cover started to crack badly from the side after 2 year plus. Complained to Tan Chong, managed to replace everything for a discount, but still something that I don't expect to happen.

- 2 air bags, no ISO-fix when the rest of the world is already onto 6 air bags 

- Slow pick-up 0-40km/h. Shows up especially when need to filter into expressway (For me I need to take Merchant road into CTE where there's an up slope and some times may need to totally stop before accelerating to join the expressway). Probably made me stepped on the accelerator more than I should and lose FC efficiency.

- FC.. I can only manage 10ish km/l long term.

• Praise 2

hello....I have a sylphy signature 2015...my radio on the HU seems to be frozen...the USB and other sorces are playing very well but i cant change the Band nor can i change the stations and no sound from the station i have it on now. While driving to work it just stop. I want to do a factory reset. Anyone has the code for factory reset?

Edited by aHARRYBACHAN
  • Praise 1

hello....I have a sylphy signature 2015...my radio on the HU seems to be frozen...the USB and other sorces are playing very well but i cant change the Band nor can i change the stations and no sound from the station i have it on now. While driving to work it just stop. I want to do a factory reset. Anyone has the code for factory reset?

I got the same problem as you. 2015 sylphy and radio frozen recently. Tan Chong said to replace the motherboard it will be 300+. They say will get the OEM guys to check but I am gg to sell my car anyway so didn't bother with it.
  • Praise 1

Update: for the winCE system i had, i had to use 3711 as the code. However there are about 5 other possible codes none of which i can remember. In the winCE version there is no way to do a factory reset. In the end the repair guy said that the issue seems to be a "fried radio chip". I ended up replacing the system with the android equivalent. Same stock look on the dashboard but now its android based.

• Praise 1

Where do you guys change your battery? Which band? Just went for my 90K servicing, TC told me my battery is 79% and asked me to change $170 (w/o GST).

I did not want to change from TC as my battery came with the car only last around only 18.5 months. The current battery I'm using is Exide and its 23 months.

TC also asked me to change the tyres, the second set that I got them from TC 23 months ago. I didn't change from them cos I know they are still ok to last at least another 6 months. I also did not sign up another service package with them. Just because of I didn't change the tyres, TC did not do the balancing and rotation of my tyres....

Anyone can advise where to get stock tyres or any suitable ones for Sylphy...

Besides, go to TC for servicing which workshop do you go for your servicing? I don't think I will be going back to TC, their 4 servicing package is $1.3k after (7% discount).

• Praise 1

I got the same problem as you. 2015 sylphy and radio frozen recently. Tan Chong said to replace the motherboard it will be 300+. They say will get the OEM guys to check but I am gg to sell my car anyway so didn't bother with it.

2015 sylphy you gonna sell? It's a huge loss

Hi all, i am dekitting my nissan sylphy.

Will be selling off my 6 months old 17” inforged rims (ifg 24) and PS3 tires.

Anyone interested, please contact me. Thanks

• Praise 1

Hi all, 

I doing some research for buying a new car.

Is nissan b17 okay to drive? I'm asking this because I heard many of Nissan 's CVT gearbox problem.

• Praise 1

Hi all, 

I doing some research for buying a new car.

Is nissan b17 okay to drive? I'm asking this because I heard many of Nissan 's CVT gearbox problem.

Hi Bro,

No issue as far as I know.

Happy hunting.

• Praise 1

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to fit a steering wheel from another nissan model into a sylphy?

For example, installing the steering wheel from a qashqai into a sylphy?

Thanks

• Praise 1

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to fit a steering wheel from another nissan model into a sylphy?

For example, installing the steering wheel from a qashqai into a sylphy?

Thanks

Any reasons why you want to do this?  [confused]

↡ Advertisement