Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

Hi just to check with u guys, do u find it hard to shift from 'P' to 'R' ? Mine had this problem especially after parking overnight or long hours. The gear lever seems to get stuck when i try to shift it down from P to R. I had to use more force and can feel a strong jerk when i managed to shift to R.

Feedback to TC during servicing and he said it's because my car is new(mileage abt 5k+)and also after parking, i should press onto the brake pedal, shift the lever to P, pull handbrake then release brake pedal. Reason he said was don't let the car roll forward or backward after parking coz that would lock the parking mechanism(not sure wat he meant???) and thus have difficulty shifting from P. I tried his method but still doesn't solve the problem. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi just to check with u guys, do u find it hard to shift from 'P' to 'R' ? Mine had this problem especially after parking overnight or long hours. The gear lever seems to get stuck when i try to shift it down from P to R. I had to use more force and can feel a strong jerk when i managed to shift to R.

Feedback to TC during servicing and he said it's because my car is new(mileage abt 5k+)and also after parking, i should press onto the brake pedal, shift the lever to P, pull handbrake then release brake pedal. Reason he said was don't let the car roll forward or backward after parking coz that would lock the parking mechanism(not sure wat he meant???) and thus have difficulty shifting from P. I tried his method but still doesn't solve the problem. Any advice? Thanks!

perhaps you should depress your brakes harder when you are doing any gear change. This should help.

• Praise 1

Have driven for 3 months abt 6000km and i got the same symptoms on about 2 or 3 occasions.

Edited by Peterblack

perhaps you should depress your brakes harder when you are doing any gear change. This should help.

Thanks for the tip. I always step on the brake all the way down before shifting but it didn't work. Anyway it only happens for shifting from P to R. All the other shiftings are ok.

I googled for some help and found a solution similar to what TC advisor said. After parking, shift to N, pull handbrake and release brake pedal. Make sure the car doesn't roll then shift to P. This is to park the car using the handbrake and not the transmission park mode. So far i tried and it works. :)

Have driven for 3 months abt 6000km and i got the same symptoms on about 2 or 3 occasions.

My carpark here is a slope thus it always roll abit even after shifting to P and applying handbrake. U may wish to try shifting to N 1st then applying handbrake and then shift to P. It works for me :)

(edited)

I did that for many years including the last 1.5 yr with the sylphy and never had a problem. It became a habit regardless ground even or not.

For parking: Stop by press and hold foot brake, shift from R to N, pull handbrake, release foot brake. If car was parked on uneven ground, it might shift a little bit but will come to rest, held by the engaged handbrake. After settled then finallly shift to P. In this way, parking brake will not be under tension. So that when you try to shift it next time you drive, it will be smooth.

The key missing thing from TC is to put into N to allow the car to move into rest until it is held by the handbrake.

I think the handbrake is locking the wheels while the Parking brake is locking the gears. So you would rather stress the wheel brakes rather than the gears.

Thanks for the tip. I always step on the brake all the way down before shifting but it didn't work. Anyway it only happens for shifting from P to R. All the other shiftings are ok.

I googled for some help and found a solution similar to what TC advisor said. After parking, shift to N, pull handbrake and release brake pedal. Make sure the car doesn't roll then shift to P. This is to park the car using the handbrake and not the transmission park mode. So far i tried and it works. :)

My carpark here is a slope thus it always roll abit even after shifting to P and applying handbrake. U may wish to try shifting to N 1st then applying handbrake and then shift to P. It works for me :)

Edited by Columbian78
  • Praise 1

Maybe we can do a group buy  [laugh]  [laugh]

Just check, am driving Toyota & also kind of keen to switch over to Sylphy in June. For Tan

Chong, is the price fixed per listed or can ask for few hundred $ discount? 

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I facing the brake "yi yi yi" high pitch sound whenever I press on the brake after parking the sylphy for some somtime especially park over nigh.

So every morning have the feeling of driving a lorry hearing the high pitch "yi yi yi" brake sound :(

Hi,

I facing the brake "yi yi yi" high pitch sound whenever I press on the brake after parking the sylphy for some somtime especially park over nigh.

So every morning have the feeling of driving a lorry hearing the high pitch "yi yi yi" brake sound :(

Anyone facing the same brake sound issue. ...any solution or what could be the fault ?

TC SA said us normal is brake dust....!!!

Cannot be brake dust unless you had changed to aftermarket pads.

Sylphy brake pads generate very little or no brake dust. This can be observed by the cleanliness of the rims.

Compare to other cars example qashqai which generate a large amount of brake dust and dirtied the rims easily as feedback by qq owners. However qq owners rarely complain of yi yi yi noise.

I don't face this high pitch noise with my sylphy btw. Is it only when you apply brakes? How long ago (time and distance) was your last pad change?

Hi,

Anyone facing the same brake sound issue. ...any solution or what could be the fault ?

TC SA said us normal is brake dust....!!!

Just check, am driving Toyota & also kind of keen to switch over to Sylphy in June. For Tan

Can be several thousands with nissan

Yes, should be able to get a few $K off the listed price.

Not sure about GroupBuy thou. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Cannot be brake dust unless you had changed to aftermarket pads.

Sylphy brake pads generate very little or no brake dust. This can be observed by the cleanliness of the rims.

Compare to other cars example qashqai which generate a large amount of brake dust and dirtied the rims easily as feedback by qq owners. However qq owners rarely complain of yi yi yi noise.

I don't face this high pitch noise with my sylphy btw. Is it only when you apply brakes? How long ago (time and distance) was your last pad change?

Still original brake pad. car is 37k mileage 1 year plus only . And this yi yi yi sound happened when the car is less than 1 year old.

Only yi yi yi sound come out for the initial few press of brake after over night parking or maybe park for 1 hour or 30 min .....

Edited by lowbh

Neutral Newbie

i do not see ppl posting all this here. after almost 2 years using the car, all of this did not occur to me. Crossing finger after typing this...

My first post in this forum. Have been driving current Sylphy for almost 3 years. I had the same radiator fan malfunction problem after one & half year. TC charged me for changing the fan motor and advised to switch off all radio and air con when starting my car. Then, my heat meter shot up very fast at traffic jam, and air con stopped when radiator fan failed. Do check meter constantly, as engine may get over heated. So far, radiator fan motor still working, finger crossed .

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I am scrapping my sunny soon and looking into buying a 2006 sylphy 1.5. Any feedback on what to look for in term of usual problem.

Edited by DeanOsman

My first post in this forum. Have been driving current Sylphy for almost 3 years. I had the same radiator fan malfunction problem after one & half year. TC charged me for changing the fan motor and advised to switch off all radio and air con when starting my car. Then, my heat meter shot up very fast at traffic jam, and air con stopped when radiator fan failed. Do check meter constantly, as engine may get over heated. So far, radiator fan motor still working, finger crossed .

May i ask what are the symptoms of a failing radiator fan?

How much did TC charge you?

As it failed after 1.5years, why didn't TC honour the replacement FOC?

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

May i ask what are the symptoms of a failing radiator fan?

How much did TC charge you?

As it failed after 1.5years, why didn't TC honour the replacement FOC?

Thanks.

No early symptom before failure. But when failed, you will get hot air from air-con vent when car is still. Can't recall how much I paid for repair, but TC gave 30% discount after I protested. There were no other similar complaints then, so I gave in.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1