Nissan Sylphy Feedbacks Please

Sazali

(edited)

No early symptom before failure. But when failed, you will get hot air from air-con vent when car is still. Can't recall how much I paid for repair, but TC gave 30% discount after I protested. There were no other similar complaints then, so I gave in.

I believe Sylphy has two fans. One for the air con evaporator and the other for the radiator.

From the symptoms you have described, it sounded like two fans are not working? If the fan for the evaporator has failed, the aircon will be blowing hot air when car is not in movement.

If it is the fan for the radiator failed, the coolant temperature would increased and that would reflect on the temperature gauge.

Do clarify if I am wrong. But luckily there is a temperature gauge to see. If not, it will be hard to notice.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

I believe Sylphy has two fans. One for the air con evaporator and the other for the radiator.

From the symptoms you have described, it sounded like two fans are not working? If the fan for the evaporator has failed, the aircon will be blowing hot air when car is not in movement.

If it is the fan for the radiator failed, the coolant temperature would increased and that would reflect on the temperature gauge.

Do clarify if I am wrong. But luckily there is a temperature gauge to see. If not, it will be hard to notice.

According to supervisor,air con will be cut off when engine gets heated up because radiator fan motor is not working. Not sure why, but they replaced radiator fan motor.

Hi just to check with u guys, do u find it hard to shift from 'P' to 'R' ? Mine had this problem especially after parking overnight or long hours. The gear lever seems to get stuck when i try to shift it down from P to R. I had to use more force and can feel a strong jerk when i managed to shift to R.

Feedback to TC during servicing and he said it's because my car is new(mileage abt 5k+)and also after parking, i should press onto the brake pedal, shift the lever to P, pull handbrake then release brake pedal. Reason he said was don't let the car roll forward or backward after parking coz that would lock the parking mechanism(not sure wat he meant???) and thus have difficulty shifting from P. I tried his method but still doesn't solve the problem. Any advice? Thanks!

i have not read all the post if anyone post similar to mine

I also have this problem after parking a while, when i start engine shift P to R then to D... i realise this happened when i park on a slight slope. This is because once i parked on a slope, even with my handbrake pulled (with my brake pedal still stepping) and shift to P, once i release the brake pedal, my car still move a bit before my handbrake catch hold of the car. And normally after that, when i try to shift from P to other gear, i have a bit of hard time.

Try this, once you park your car, shift to "N" and pull handbrake, release your brake and shift to "P". See if you still have problem shifting P to R next time.

Hi,

I facing the brake "yi yi yi" high pitch sound whenever I press on the brake after parking the sylphy for some somtime especially park over nigh.

So every morning have the feeling of driving a lorry hearing the high pitch "yi yi yi" brake sound :(

Anyone facing the same brake sound issue. ...any solution or what could be the fault ?

TC SA said us normal is brake dust....!!!

i have this  sound from my left rear brake when i start to drive (usually over night parking). it just have this sound for a first few brake and it gone.

My first post in this forum. Have been driving current Sylphy for almost 3 years. I had the same radiator fan malfunction problem after one & half year. TC charged me for changing the fan motor and advised to switch off all radio and air con when starting my car. Then, my heat meter shot up very fast at traffic jam, and air con stopped when radiator fan failed. Do check meter constantly, as engine may get over heated. So far, radiator fan motor still working, finger crossed .

i am crossing my finger too. from what i read and hear, Fan failure is not uncommon, this applies to other brand too...

Still original brake pad. car is 37k mileage 1 year plus only . And this yi yi yi sound happened when the car is less than 1 year old.

Only yi yi yi sound come out for the initial few press of brake after over night parking or maybe park for 1 hour or 30 min .....

i have the same sympthon with mileage at 39k.  But it is only at startup and low speed.  Probably once the disc warm up the sound is gone....

Neutral Newbie

i have the same sympthon with mileage at 39k. But it is only at startup and low speed. Probably once the disc warm up the sound is gone....

So this is normal ?

So this is normal ?

My previous ride have the same symptoms...the workshop I went to found my brake pad worn to the metal holding the pads. The metal to metal contact was causing the sound. It went away after the pads are replaced. There may be other factors involved though...

Neutral Newbie

My previous ride have the same symptoms...the workshop I went to found my brake pad worn to the metal holding the pads. The metal to metal contact was causing the sound. It went away after the pads are replaced. There may be other factors involved though...

Brake pad still ok. According to mechanic

Tks

Same symptom but could be different problem. That is why trouble

Shooting is difficult and where exp mechanic makes a difference. Most workshop will rather do normal servicing cos trouble shooting could take a long time.

anyone ever use the cigarette heater in the car as a hp charger?

just bought a car charger but it doesnt work, not sure its the charger faulty or the cig heater  not working?

just bought a car charger but it doesnt work, not sure its the charger faulty or the cig heater not working?

Are you referring to the 12v socket below the aircon controls? Mine is working fine with a usb charger plugged in. Plug in something else to verify if the socket is working. Edited by Columbian78

just bought a car charger but it doesnt work, not sure its the charger faulty or the cig heater  not working?

you may wish to try other device like vacuum cleaner or air purifier? I am using those extensions which comes with a LED to indicate its powered up, can be purchased from Giant or even Fairprice Xtra. Hope this helps. 

try other charger... if not maybe the circuit fuse has burnt.  I remember using one charger and the cig fuse broken.  Once replace that it is working again.

Neutral Newbie

Oh no..... seem like the rumours of "radiator fan malfunction problem after one plus year ...... " is true.

No indicator of failing .....my car was around 39k and was tow back to TC due to radiator fan motor. Very very dissatisfied dissapointed.

Reported the Brake squeaky sound again to SA during fixing the radiator fan motor. So call serviced the brake for me but problem come next day again. Cant accept brake dust is the problem..... how come other car don't have this brake squeaky problem. Feel very embarrassing every morning. As l am just like driving a old lorry/van ....

you may wish to try other device like vacuum cleaner or air purifier? I am using those extensions which comes with a LED to indicate its powered up, can be purchased from Giant or even Fairprice Xtra. Hope this helps.

Yup. . Why didn't I think of that hahaha. . Thanks

No early symptom before failure. But when failed, you will get hot air from air-con vent when car is still. Can't recall how much I paid for repair, but TC gave 30% discount after I protested. There were no other similar complaints then, so I gave in.

The fan motor not under warranty ?

recently many carpark barriers (shopping centres and HDB carparks) cannot detect the cashcard in my IU unit. IU has can read the amount left. I have tried both normal cashcard and cepas but also cannot and have to manually insert the cashcard to pay the parking charges.

But i have no problems with ERP. any bros encountered this before? Tks.

Edited by Peterblack
↡ Advertisement