Cho Kee Wanton Mee (Cao Ji Yun Tun Mian), Old Airport Rd

Boi2uncle

Used to eat this almost everyday few yrs ago, as I like the noodles very much and it's near my camp. It has an electronic signboard which will flash your number when it's your order.

Recently went back to try, stall seem renovated and the mee is cooked by a young lad. Don't see the uncle that used to cook around anymore too.

Any bros tried the b4 and after version too and find that the standard dropped? Or I'm just plain unlucky and it happened to be the 'son' (not sure if he is) cooking that day.

↡ Advertisement

Eng Wan Tan Noodle at Dunman Food Centre basement taste better. Shd just drive 5 mins from Old Airport Rd to Dunman to eat ...

i just had it a few days back

standard REALLY drop like siao

have the $4 one ( haven been there in some time), disappointed sia.

wanton dam dry and the noodle itself hard hard one..

Used to eat this almost everyday few yrs ago, as I like the noodles very much and it's near my camp. It has an electronic signboard which will flash your number when it's your order.

Recently went back to try, stall seem renovated and the mee is cooked by a young lad. Don't see the uncle that used to cook around anymore too.

Any bros tried the b4 and after version too and find that the standard dropped? Or I'm just plain unlucky and it happened to be the 'son' (not sure if he is) cooking that day.

[sweatdrop] You must be long time never been there. I can't recall how long ago but it has been quite some time the stall seem to have changed hands. When I saw the ah tiong cooking the noodles, I was like siao liao, and I was right not only standard isn't there at all the portion was horribly less. After that I told myself never again.

they sold the name and stall to someone else...

then open another one at the same hawker centre. .... opposite Susan's western food. Usually long queue on weekends..

Those regular who knows goes to the stall there... only those who dont know and go by name goes to cho kee.

Stardard at the new stall is still the same as the old one....

But i agree, Dunman hawker centre wanton noodle is better.... but waiting time is even longer :(

De one wif out de electronic sign better. Q always vely long. [sweatdrop]

(edited)

THe one beside CHao Ji more pple buy leh... Anyway Ubi also got 1 Chao Ji branch...

I saw the UNcle before, during nite time...

ANyway, I find it so-so nia...

Edited by Xspace

i try ji ji wanton mee at honglim b4 eating this at old airport road..i feel this airport road de nothing much compare to jiji..just like others i ate in malaysia's wanton mee..

got chance u go try jiji wanton mee..its totally different. [thumbsup]

(edited)

ot post...

since on the topic of wanton mee, got a kiam par question....

Q: what is the heaviest noodle on earth?

A. Wanton mee, coz it weigh one ton, hence the name, wanton mee....

Edited by Plsaveme

[sweatdrop] You must be long time never been there. I can't recall how long ago but it has been quite some time the stall seem to have changed hands. When I saw the ah tiong cooking the noodles, I was like siao liao, and I was right not only standard isn't there at all the portion was horribly less. After that I told myself never again.

ya, few yrs nv go liao.. think at least 6 yrs lol..

Eng Wan Tan Noodle at Dunman Food Centre basement taste better. Shd just drive 5 mins from Old Airport Rd to Dunman to eat ...

Hell Yeah man!! To me, this is the Wan Tan Mee Champion of the World!! [thumbsup] My grandma brought me there when I was but a kid, feet barely able to touch the ground when seated, and I have been eating there ever since! Seriously folks, nobody does it better! [scholar]

Turbocharged

i like the wanton mee at golden shoe market 2nd level.

btw tis thread should shift to Makan Corner.

There's a good one at level 1 too but recently standard drop.

Fei Fei Wanton better... IMO

Ang Mo not bad also la... both good

wah lau......the noodles from fei fei are so little. can finish in less than 5 mins.....if only they can be more generous with the the noodles......

↡ Advertisement