Shull's Road Trip to Cameron Highlands - With Pictures

Shull

Hi Bro Seaweed, ok sure. Do post some pictures here and let me know where are the POI you went ok?

FOr other kind hearted bros and sis out there, any advice, interesting places there to visit? anything to take note?

Had booked a hotel last week at Century Pines Resort for 2 nites on a Friday and Sat nite. Btw, are there any pasar malam there?

Also, I will be heading to CH after 1 nights rest from Malacca, may i know what exit to take ?? [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

The pasar malam happens on fri and sat nights in brinchang town near the Petronas petrol kiosk..

From Melaka, take the NS highway heading for Ipoh and exit at Simpang Pulai toll..take two right turns after the toll and you are on the way up the highlands..PS: there are road signs at the two junctions showing the way up CH..have a great trip... [thumbsup]

Hi Bro Seaweed, ok sure. Do post some pictures here and let me know where are the POI you went ok?

FOr other kind hearted bros and sis out there, any advice, interesting places there to visit? anything to take note?

Had booked a hotel last week at Century Pines Resort for 2 nites on a Friday and Sat nite. Btw, are there any pasar malam there?

Also, I will be heading to CH after 1 nights rest from Malacca, may i know what exit to take ?? [rolleyes]

bro.. good choice with Century Pines Resort. Went there last yr and stay at the same hotel.

For Cameroon, its all about bee garden, BOH tea plantation (the 1 lane road damn exiciting), the flower garden wtih all kind of flowers, the pasar malam (i think only weekend have it, not too sure) and lastly, the strawberries plucking (dun get mistaken hor, its right berries). Remember to try the deep fried mushroom.. its damn nice!!

i drove up with my Mit lancer 1.6L last yr. Drove from morning 8am and reach there 9pm night time. Went up with my wifey and i am the only driver. Slept over at petrol station at the 200Km plus mark.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Anyone knows if the pasar malam is open on weekday too? Planning a trip to CH, thot of leaving on Sunday-Wed, planning to stop at Ipon for 1N and CH for 2 nites, wonder are there anything to do in Ipoh too? Any recommended hotel to stay?

TIA :)

Hi

Anyone knows if the pasar malam is open on weekday too? Planning a trip to CH, thot of leaving on Sunday-Wed, planning to stop at Ipon for 1N and CH for 2 nites, wonder are there anything to do in Ipoh too? Any recommended hotel to stay?

TIA :)

If I'm not wrong, I think they might be open on weekdays.

But weekend is a confirm opened. But the pasar malam is flooded with sales of strawberries.

Strawberry fruit. Pillow. Bolster.. So many of strawberries.. [sleeping]

Hi all,

For strawberry park hotel, which room/ block/ floor have a nice few?

thanks for any info

Block F. But again, I might be wrong.

Just call up the Front Desk and say you would like a room with a view.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Appreciate if someone can share a detailed driving map from Woodlands checkpoint to CH. I do not have a GPS, would hope to be able to print out a detailed directions. Have read a few website, am a little confuse about taking exit 132, would PREFER to take the new route #137, question is driving from Singapore, does it mean that we pass exit 132 and CONTINUE on to exit #137. IS exit 137 on the way from Singapore OR from KL side coming down?

Hope you understand what I mean :mello

Can share what is the total distance from Sin - CH?

Thanks

Yipee yeah...just came back to SG after my 6 day road trip to Melaka---Cameron----KL...super shiok!!

Went up to the highest point at Gunung Brichang at 6666ft...superb scenery view!! the trip up was a bit scary though coz some areas are quite steep at 10degrees slope...lucky my pica was doing fine.

Stayed at Century Pines, so far so good...not much hotel stayers there so can enjoy the buffet quietly...ha! Went to the pasar malam there and it was big!!lots of veggies and makan to buy, but also lots of strawberries stall also...lucky i like strawberries too...yum yum... [:p]

Went up via Tapah route 132 and came down via Simpanf Pulai route 137, recommended that 137 is much more smoother to travel up. I had to give way to a few veggie trucks when on Tapah route during cornering as they are quite bulky and long. :huh:

The journey was fun as my wife mentioned that she like the feeling of my pica giving friendly horns during very blindspot turn..Beep Beep!! [laugh]

total round trip on my pica was about 1400km...phew! [sweatdrop]

Will post up the pictures soon.

Hi Nani..you can take the route directions from some of our kind hearted brothers here...you are correct to say that if you like to take Simpang Pulai you will have to pass Tapah exit (at 132)

My estimated total distance from SG to CH would be about 600+km...which would take about 7hours.

I left for CH from Malacca and took about 6hr+ to reach my hotel as along the way i was enjoying the scenery+wife was having ear ringing+negotating the bends more carefully as there are mini landslides now and then+giving way to big veggie trucks coming down from the hill. But if you take Simpang Pulai it would be abit faster as the roads are wider (2 land road with wide road shoulder) and clearer views. Only thing is that you need to travel another 30-45mins to reach exit 137.

Neutral Newbie

Already planned a family trip up the highland going from 19 - 22 Nov. We are probably going to start driving early morning of 19 Nov 9 (ard 3 am) reach KL around morning, stop for makan, then proceed on to Cameron. Booked the Hilltop bungalow at Tanah Ratah.

Anyone interested to join the driving?

Edited by Scorpico

sounds fun...i didn't go to cameron but instead just to genting because after thinking about the distance...i was like a bit sian...anyway it's great you have fun...maybe will try on my next trip...

wow bro have great fun gg up and will be fun if more bros and sis mcfers can join! :D

Btw we steamboat right in our hotel room for the two nights we stayed...hehe kinda illegal but my stove was those electrical types (then put a ppt on top) so no risk of fire. Enjoyable and cheaper!!bought our steamboat materials in melaka carrefour. Only me and my wife enjoying the cool cool breeze eating piping hot steamboat undisturbed in our room...yum yum...heavenly!! [:p]

But if you are gg with family then advisable to eat at the restaurant though. Lots of steamboat restaurant and makan stalls in Tanah Rata and Brinchang there. Got my fav Ramli burger stall too!! [thumbsup]

Yeah bro you should try gg up CH coz its a totally different feeling...very relaxed...I only see 1 SG car there when me and my wife were gg for afternoon tea at Boh plantation.

Genting stressful and so many SG cars there see liao also headache...machiam din travel overseas lidat...then the place so many people smoke...duno is the cigarette smoke floating around or the clouds?haha [rolleyes] Win or lose $$ also stressful...

Neutral Newbie

HI Berncsp76

Can advise how much is the estimate toll charges from Sin- Cam- Sin? Need to know roughly how much to top up the touch&go card [;)]

Btw, is the pasar malam open on Sunday too?

Thanks [;)]

Actually I got one suggestion.

Try driving to Ipoh first, stay one night there.

The next morning, You will be very fresh to enjoy the drive up CH via Pulai route (137). then later can come down vis Tapah (132), like this will be less stressful to the driver and the car...hehe.

Come down remember to use low gear to capitalise on your engine brake ah.

Ipoh is a nice modern small town now, the food there is very nice, especially the Nga Choi Gai (Bean sprout chicken) and famous

Horfan. After dinner can go wash hair, cut hair and massage at "Singapore last time" price. [laugh]

Can change tyre, do balancing and alignment at " better than JB" price...hehe.

Hotel there also easy to find.

Just a suggestion. [:)]

Edited by GoodCar

Hi all bros paiseh just came back from biz trip so din come in here and post replies. [:p]

I had top up my touch and go card to RM$200 (my card left only about $2balance), after the whole trip from Melaka---Cameron---KL, still left about RM$55. Therefore I assume the toll from SG to CH and return trip about RM$100. My wife took down the individual toll charges, will post up when I get the information from her by today.

The pasar malam only on Fri and Sat. When I going down to continue my journey to KL about 1pm some of the stalls have already started hawking their wares.

Btw I will post the pictures up. [laugh]

hmm bro good suggestion too as Simpang Pulai exit is quite near to Ipoh town. Probably will take at most 1/2-1 hour only.

I saw some nice mini waterfalls and a big one (not sure the name) during my climb up the Tapah route. I thk is similar to the Kota Tinggi ones. There are few stalls around the waterfall area, but i din stop there, only took a glance.

Ya coming down the Tapah exit must be extra careful due to the gradient and narrow corners. I used low gears when climbing up and also switched off the O/D (overdrive) to manoeuvre the slopes and downhills. :D

↡ Advertisement