Lancer CS3/EX Owners...Please Check in Part XIV

Mivec9

ic...then mayb drive on first. lets see if other bros have experience.

for the key, mine is matchbox so battery can b easily diy replaced.

Hi, i went to stamford tyres for my servicing. i think brake pads cost less than 100?? if those branded i think 200+ ??

not confirmed.. best is you call them to ask first..

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i went to stamford tyres for my servicing. i think brake pads cost less than 100?? if those branded i think 200+ ??

/quote]

Thanks Bro

aircon belt screech abit i also hear when cold start the engine..

no loss of power.. all seems normal ..

its just that i sit inside, drive but feeling a bit worry duno will it affect other stuffs...

even my wife cant feel/ hear the sound when i ask her to.. Hmm ... think just drive on per normal .. till i bring it for servicing in a few mths time..

Bird chirping sound you mean?

I had similar experience and sent it to my mechanic. He managed to rectify it.

Bro,

Where to change front brake pad and how much?

Thanks

If it is the original brake pads, with labour charges, any workshop should be able to do for you for no less than S$150.

the issue i having now is not the bird chirping.. that 1 is maroon5..

come to think of it.. could it be engine mounting?? ..

but its only from 40+km/hr - 60 then have the slight vibration + " gon gon gon sound" (can hear ) hmm...

I will have slight vibration when stoping too. WS said that is it okay, unless you want to waste money on the engine mounting. Which is unnessary yet. You can check with your WS, if there is a need to change the engine mounting. *Sometime WS wanna earn money they might ask you to change when it is still usable.

haha ya u can call it bird chirping. the colder the louder [laugh]

my mec tried to tighten the belts n he said alr very tight but stil have. anyw car stil only 63k on odo, wait til 80k to change belt...........or change car [laugh]

true.. conflict of interests they wanna earn $$ ...

i think i just monitor.. hope nothing serious.. wild guessing the issues also..

must be our roads getting worse.. did i go over a hump/ bumpy road?? :wacko:

maybe ur fan belts got issue??.. oo.. ur odo so little.. [laugh]

maybe can exchange pointers on this car.. the car body feels heavier ? (due to thick metal)?

Manual definitely more power than auto here..

maybe ur fan belts got issue??.. oo.. ur odo so little.. [laugh]

maybe can exchange pointers on this car.. the car body feels heavier ? (due to thick metal)?

Manual definitely more power than auto here..

ya working in cbd i take train so car only run like 100km a week over weekends.

could b this batch cs3 the belt quality. i dunno jus guessing cos its seem to b a very common issue. but my mec tighten n say its very tight, no problems.

i also cs3 M. metal is indeed thick, i ever bumped into both latio n vios, they got dent, mine nothing. [laugh]

Oic. Cause I hearsay from my friends that CS3 metal very soft. So it is not true la? Yours an OPC car?

soft maybe compared to conti? act im not so sure abt the hard or not haha but indeed those 2 times accident, my car no dent and check out our bonnet, sibeh heavy. yeah i converted mine to OPC.

Bro, i just changed my front brake pad at Stamford Tyre Bukit Batok and the mechanic quote me $210 .. he said stock brake pad but the color is greenish (different from stock). Before that i went to Autobac and they quote me $300 .. immediately I say No thanks.

I don't know $210 still considered kena carrot or not .. hahaha. Anyway, I grab it .. so far so good.

haha ya u can call it bird chirping. the colder the louder [laugh]

my mec tried to tighten the belts n he said alr very tight but stil have. anyw car stil only 63k on odo, wait til 80k to change belt...........or change car [laugh]

I used to have tweeting sound when start car initially. After warm up, it is ok. Now have changed the timing belt, no more such symptoms. Sounds like belt issue??

↡ Advertisement