Scirocco vs BM1series

Scoutckl628

Hi guys,

I just need some advise. Between the 2 (scirocco vs 118 or 120) which do u actually prefer? Both are 2 doors, price almost same, power wise I think scirocco shd win slightly, looks wise each got their good point. Actually i prefer roc but come to think of it with that $$$ i can get myself a BM, still better than a VW right? I may even get from 2nd hand mkt for a 2008 BM which even cheaper..... s--t man really hard to convince myself to get a ROC [shakehead][shakehead][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Sirocco has better accessories at a lower price point

the 118 only has manual aircon dials, and non electric seats

118i is really low spec and even though it has 5 doors and 5 seats (compared to 3 doors and 4 seats for the Scirocco), there's very little rear legroom. Power wise the VW definitely wins, although the 1 Series has the advantage of rear wheel drive so the handling might be a bit sweeter.

if drive 118, nobody will look. if looked, surething you poor-man.

if drive iroc, many people look. this guy sooo good, get to drive iroc.... [flowerface]

joke aside, iroc seems more interesting. 118 like aunty/ [gorgeous] -car. IMHO

yup fully agreed to u guys. That's why my heart also go with ROC. 118 only the badge worth the $$$ ha ha. But i nvr know the 118 has so limited accessories, think shd go down have a look man. I only tested the 2L ROC last Sat, one word "shiok". Dont know when the new GOLF came out in July will the price for ROC 2L drop or not, if drop than hosei liao since my car coming 3 yrs and its time to upgrade liao....

Hi guys,

I just need some advise. Between the 2 (scirocco vs 118 or 120) which do u actually prefer? Both are 2 doors, price almost same, power wise I think scirocco shd win slightly, looks wise each got their good point. Actually i prefer roc but come to think of it with that $$$ i can get myself a BM, still better than a VW right? I may even get from 2nd hand mkt for a 2008 BM which even cheaper..... s--t man really hard to convince myself to get a ROC [shakehead][shakehead][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

save up more money for a bigger badge ....

Turbocharged

what is the price for 118 and 120? think BM price is way higher than the Roc

Hi guys,

Unfair comparison [bounce1]

Scirocco is TC while 118/120 is bread & butter entry level car. Go to PML & look @ 130 wif ///M kit. [inlove] it.

For Scirocco, driver leg room is very cramp as there is a odd plastic pillar rite next to accelerator. Based on my seat position, rear passenger has plenty of legroom.

For 118/120, u have miss d boat to buy 2008 production for about 90 - 95k.

Bro is there a odd plastic for iROC? I went test drive last Sat nvr realised that.... hee hee. I'm pretty alright with the leg room bcos of my height (160).

Woh nvr realised there's such good offer for their 2008 production, shxt......

Anyway quite true as per u said, one is TC and one is entry level but for the price paying for the iROC, one may just consider the BM even just for the entry level.

Unfair comparison [bounce1]

Scirocco is TC while 118/120 is bread & butter entry level car. Go to PML & look @ 130 wif ///M kit. [inlove] it.

For Scirocco, driver leg room is very cramp as there is a odd plastic pillar rite next to accelerator. Based on my seat position, rear passenger has plenty of legroom.

For 118/120, u have miss d boat to buy 2008 production for about 90 - 95k.

Hi guys,

do you like to drive? why don't you do a test-drive and see which one you like.

However, if you are buying a car as a display item, ROC wins in terms of looks, & 1 series in terms of badge

(edited)

Fifth Gear compared the VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI with the BMW 125i Coupe (note: not even the 135i coupe, or the 130i hatchback) on the track.

Being an RWD, the Beemer handled better round the track and was 'much more stable on the brakes' than the VW.

The Scirocco's being FWD, did not fare well with its electric power steering - which was deemed 'too light'.

The 125i eventually beat the Scirocco, by a mere 1.5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8Rz7zk3fM

So it depends on what you want.

For me, my priority list between the 1-er and VW will be (top = best):

- 135i Coupe

- 130i Hatch

- 125i Coupe

- VW Golf GTI Mk VI

- VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI

For now at least, all the above, except the Scirocco, are made in Germany.

The Scirocco is made in Portugal.

Edited by W210k

Bro I oredi tested iRoc last Sat but yet to try the Beemer.... maybe its time to test test [bounce2]

do you like to drive? why don't you do a test-drive and see which one you like.

However, if you are buying a car as a display item, ROC wins in terms of looks, & 1 series in terms of badge

Woh a 125i is 30k more than a iROC leh and I truely believe 125i shd be much better in handling than iROC. But just a question, with that 30k if we use it to mod iROC, u think which will be better? :huh::huh::huh:

Fifth Gear compared the VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI with the BMW 125i Coupe (note: not even the 135i coupe, or the 130i hatchback) on the track.

Being an RWD, the Beemer handled better round the track and was 'much more stable on the brakes' than the VW.

The Scirocco's being FWD, did not fare well with its electric power steering - which was deemed 'too light'.

The 125i eventually beat the Scirocco, by a mere 1.5 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri8Rz7zk3fM

So it depends on what you want.

For me, my priority list between the 1-er and VW will be (top = best):

- 135i Coupe

- 130i Hatch

- 125i Coupe

- VW Golf GTI Mk VI

- VW Scirocco 2.0 TSI

For now at least, all the above, except the Scirocco, are made in Germany.

The Scirocco is made in Portugal.

There was an article in Autocar mag last year comparing the Scirocco 2.0 and 125i coupe. I still remember the mag's cover line, 'New Scirocco beats BMW' [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement