Can heavily tinted car pass custom?

Plsaveme

hi all, can a car will heavily tinted windows all round including the wind screen pass thru custom without any problem? or will be stopped?

↡ Advertisement

Can see some of our homeland cars leaving for bolehland & their cars entering Sing are heavily tinted less the front windscreen.

Er.. how about chrome plates? do the bolehland police like to catch also? [confused]

hi all, can a car will heavily tinted windows all round including the wind screen pass thru custom without any problem? or will be stopped?

yes. but not all the time. just give rm50 if they ask so that they wont confiscate your car. my car is LTA-approved but in jb i was stopped while returning thru jb custom. Gave rm50 at least 5 times so far for 2 years already.

one ting to note is never argue. last year one sg chap argued and was arrested on the spot. had a lot of trouble in jb lock-up.

Why not?

I have posted the rule on this matter before. Brunei & Singapore car is exempted from Malaysia's rule. So, don't waste $$ to feed them.

Neutral Newbie

yes. but not all the time. just give rm50 if they ask so that they wont confiscate your car. my car is LTA-approved but in jb i was stopped while returning thru jb custom. Gave rm50 at least 5 times so far for 2 years already.

one ting to note is never argue. last year one sg chap argued and was arrested on the spot. had a lot of trouble in jb lock-up.

I also heard Malaysia police stop SG cars on highways accusing them "speeding", and as long as the owner hand some cash over, problem solved, and they even notify their colleague ahead of the road so the same car won't be blackmailed twice!

Turbocharged

I also heard Malaysia police stop SG cars on highways accusing them "speeding", and as long as the owner hand some cash over, problem solved, and they even notify their colleague ahead of the road so the same car won't be blackmailed twice!

i kena 1 speedtrap last week at about 172km(before melaka) mark..but since i was really speeding..suck thumb lan lan hand over RM50(which he politely ask)..then after that, he tell me the next speed trap at xxxkm.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Why not?

I have posted the rule on this matter before. Brunei & Singapore car is exempted from Malaysia's rule. So, don't waste $$ to feed them.

Last time yes, got this rule. But the last time I checked on JPJ website, they've removed this rule. That was after the big hooha in the news about SG cars being stopped for tintted windscreen that meets SG regulations but not MY regulation. So we can't use that exemption anymore, they already wipe their backsides clean clean.

i kena 1 speedtrap last week at about 172km(before melaka) mark..but since i was really speeding..suck thumb lan lan hand over RM50(which he politely ask)..then after that, he tell me the next speed trap at xxxkm.. [laugh]

[thumbsup]

Wah this boleh cop got ethics! Pay a bit more maybe can convoy yr ride to checkpoint, confirm road clear clear.

(edited)

Last time yes, got this rule. But the last time I checked on JPJ website, they've removed this rule. That was after the big hooha in the news about SG cars being stopped for tintted windscreen that meets SG regulations but not MY regulation. So we can't use that exemption anymore, they already wipe their backsides clean clean.

It is still there:

ICP Application Procedure for foreign vehicles

The exemption is stated in end of International Circulation Permit (ICP) Issue Requirements.

Highlight it & show to them.

If they cannot understand England, this is d Malay equivalent:

Prosedur Memohon permit ICP bagi kenderaan luar negeri

The exemption is stated in end of Syarat Pengeluaran Permit Edaran Antarabagsa (ICP).

Edited by Davidtch