Freak incidents

Vextan

Twincharged
Two-year-old girl dies after hitting ceiling fan in Malaysia

A two-year-old girl from Myanmar died in Malaysia after she hit a rotating ceiling fan while playing with her uncle, the police said on Wednesday (Jun 19).

Her uncle, 25, was playing with his niece by tossing her into the air when her head hit the fan, according to Ampang Jaya District Police Chief Noor Azmi Yusoff.

Postmortem results show that the toddler died from blunt force trauma to the head, reported New Straits Times.

The incident happened at about 10pm on Sunday at a two-storey house in Tasik Tambahan Ampang.

The toddler was taken to Ampang Hospital, where she was pronounced dead the next day, Noor Azmi added. Her uncle was arrested on Tuesday after her father filed a police report.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/two-year-old-girl-dies-after-hitting-ceiling-fan-in-malaysia-11642352

↡ Advertisement

2 minutes ago, Buadongdong said:

Dunno if this is the right thread.. But really freak accident.. Hopefully the driver is cleared of wrongdoing.. Otherwise kenna charged then really 冤枉。

before i click, is a human body or animal body? [sweatdrop]

What a F C ....... :a-good:    [:p]

Yahoo News : Fighting cock kills police chief in Philippine raid

A Philippine police officer was killed during a raid on an illegal cockfight after a rooster's blade sliced his femoral artery, an official said Tuesday.

Cockfighting is a popular blood sport in the archipelago where money is bet on the outcome of a fight -- often to the death -- between two colourful birds armed with bladed spurs.

It has been banned along with other sporting and cultural events during the coronavirus pandemic to prevent large crowds from gathering and spreading the contagion.   

Monday's freak accident in the central province of Northern Samar happened when Lieutenant Christian Bolok picked up a fighting cock as he gathered evidence of the unlawful event. 

Its blade struck his left thigh and he bled to death, provincial police chief Colonel Arnel Apud told AFP.

"It was an unfortunate accident and a piece of bad luck that I cannot explain," Apud said.

"I could not believe it when it was first reported to me. This is the first time in my 25 years as a policeman that I lost a man due to a fighting cock's spur." 

Three people were arrested and two fighting cocks seized along with two sets of spurs in the raid in San Jose town where Bolok was the police chief, Apud added.

cgm/amj/axn

Link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/fighting-cock-kills-police-chief-091534874.html

Fighting Cock.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

Police officer killed by rooster’s blade at illegal Philippines cockfight

A police officer has died breaking up an illegal cockfight after a blade attached to a rooster’s leg sliced through his femoral artery, according to Filipino officials.

The sharp metal spur reportedly struck the officer’s leg as he tried to confiscate the bird as evidence of the illegal event on Monday in the central Philippine province of Northern Samar.

Lieutenant Christian Bolok, who headed up the San Jose municipal police station, was rushed to the provincial hospital and declared dead on arrival, local media reported.

“I have a heavy heart as we have lost a brother who sacrificed his own life in the name of service,” the provincial police chief Colonel Arnel Apud said in a statemen

More of the stories Link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-killed-rooster-blade-181559829.html

Fighting Cock 02.jpg

Twincharged
19 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Police officer killed by rooster’s blade at illegal Philippines cockfight

A police officer has died breaking up an illegal cockfight after a blade attached to a rooster’s leg sliced through his femoral artery, according to Filipino officials.

The sharp metal spur reportedly struck the officer’s leg as he tried to confiscate the bird as evidence of the illegal event on Monday in the central Philippine province of Northern Samar.

Lieutenant Christian Bolok, who headed up the San Jose municipal police station, was rushed to the provincial hospital and declared dead on arrival, local media reported.

“I have a heavy heart as we have lost a brother who sacrificed his own life in the name of service,” the provincial police chief Colonel Arnel Apud said in a statemen

More of the stories Link : https://sg.yahoo.com/news/police-officer-killed-rooster-blade-181559829.html

Fighting Cock 02.jpg

i was wondering what is the "blade" mentioned in the report .... so just like humans, the feathered fighters carry knives also !!

Two customers taken to hospital after ceiling fan incident in Tampines coffee shop

After the works were completed, the fan was switched on and a serviceman on site tried to move a ladder below the fan.

This caused the fan's blades to hit the ladder, which resulted in part of a blade breaking off. There are conflicting accounts on what happened next but the incident caused two coffee shop patrons to be injured.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/two-customers-taken-to-hospital-after-ceiling-fan-incident-in-tampines-coffee-shop

how can moving a ladder below the fan cause the fan blades to hit the ladder ? 

yq-c3-29102020.jpg

12 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Service the giant fan during operating hours? 🙄

Guess many servicing is done during operating hours de. Many times are waiting for accident to happen.

• Shocked 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:43 AM, Blueray said:

Two customers taken to hospital after ceiling fan incident in Tampines coffee shop

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/two-customers-taken-to-hospital-after-ceiling-fan-incident-in-tampines-coffee-shop

yq-c3-29102020.jpg

to be honest.. ive thought to myself what happens if such a heavy piece of fan falls.... better sits further away..

On 10/30/2020 at 9:43 AM, Blueray said:

yq-c3-29102020.jpg

When the ladder is on the floor it is below the fan height, when worker carry it, it will be higher.

Basic safety that was overlook in open public area.

All this type of work will not have procedure for Risk Assessment,  Tool box meeting etc....

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1