Cat B $ 14,840

Cat C $ 12,615

Cat D $ 901

Cat E $ 15,100

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

had never post any comments on COE

but this is wat i think

yes, COE quota is reduced however for the price for a piece of cert we will never see

to go up so high when the economy is clearly unwell speaks volume

speaks volume of the car dealers being mad to drive the price high when they

know people is avoiding more than buying

speaks volume of those who actually went ahead to purchase when it's clear

that the price is artificially sky high (unless of they make $$$ from the recent share bull run)

anyway wat i gather from my fren in some showroom the sales is actually awful....

there, my 1st post on COE. all IMHO [laugh]

had never post any comments on COE

but this is wat i think

yes, COE quota is reduced however for the price for a piece of cert we will never see

to go up so high when the economy is clearly unwell speaks volume

speaks volume of the car dealers being mad to drive the price high when they

know people is avoiding more than buying

speaks volume of those who actually went ahead to purchase when it's clear

that the price is artificially sky high (unless of they make $$$ from the recent share bull run)

anyway wat i gather from my fren in some showroom the sales is actually awful....

there, my 1st post on COE. all IMHO [laugh]

SE has collected a lot of booking during in the past 4 months further more with the COE quoto cut in april so COE keep going up is expected. COE may fall to 10K and below in August time if lesser booking has make.

If you observe the COE result how many successful and unsuccessful bid you may roughly know or predict the next COE result.

its unlikely for coe price to fall anytime soon. the lta has already say that the quota will be further cut in the next coe review. good to see prices high as it will lessen the congestion on the road. on weekends, sometimes difficult to find parking spaces too.

Neutral Newbie

its unlikely for coe price to fall anytime soon. the lta has already say that the quota will be further cut in the next coe review. good to see prices high as it will lessen the congestion on the road. on weekends, sometimes difficult to find parking spaces too.

the quota is fixed for each period regardless the price high or low. the congestion will be there. you want no congestion, the only is for you to petition lta to keep reducing the quota, but the down side is coe price will ske rocket.

the quota is fixed for each period regardless the price high or low. the congestion will be there. you want no congestion, the only is for you to petition lta to keep reducing the quota, but the down side is coe price will ske rocket.

most probably they will do what you suggest. they have always mentioned that the pace of road development cannot keep up with the car growth. i think the era of the $10-15k COE will soon be gone.

most probably they will do what you suggest. they have always mentioned that the pace of road development cannot keep up with the car growth. i think the era of the $10-15k COE will soon be gone.

Yea we cant have it all. Most prob it would reach the 20+k region in a yr's time and thn hopefully drop to the current rate abt 3 yrs later. Cos thats the time i think i would change car. [smash]

COE will surely SHOOT up to $20-$30k levels by Chinese New Year 2010.

Further cuts in September 2009 is almost sure.

When the economy recovers by 4th quarter 2009........

Be prepared for $50k COE in 2010 onwards.

Neutral Newbie

The rich will still be rich. They will still able to afford to change cars. Besides, for people who has business, working in sales they will still need cars/van to get things done. The root of the problem is that there are simple too many people in singapore. COE over subscribe, HDB ballot over subscribe, everything over subscribe.

Neutral Newbie

50k ?? haha, i dont think so, mabbe for CAT B or Open

I think once coe go close to $20,000, the price pressure put on many of the bread and butter CAT A car , would put many LOWER MORTALs off from buying new car. Once demand soften, price will drop or hover, around 15~20k in the near future unless we drop into recession again.

Neutral Newbie

What makes you so damn sure the economy will recover by 4th quarter 2009? [shakehead]

even if coe increases to 20k...it is still cheaper to buy a car...in the 90s, a corolla costs more than $100K leh.

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

The COE high is because AD/ PI got balls to bid high. This is to cover back orders. I suspect a lot of OPC.

Next new bookings price (higher) will base on the current high COE.

so Next bidding, they have even more balls to bid high, escalating the COE......and this goes on for the next few rounds of bidding, thanks to customer's herd metality or kiasu, kiabor chia to drive.

Until a stage when showroom become empty, they drop car price w/ promotions and bid conservatively (no order) to attract buyers, and COE goes down.

The cycle continues.

The question is, what is the period of the each cycle?

Neutral Newbie

sighz. COE price rocketing like crazy now. Well but still alot of rich singaporeans around to buy cars. haha..

↡ Advertisement