Dearjoshua

Neutral Newbie

With unemployment at a record high and the economy going from bad to worse, Joe Biden was forced to admit the obvious on Meet the Press on Sunday. "Everyone guessed wrong," he said about the impact of the administration

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

This kind of naysaying will never disappear. Please state your source.

Here's what I have from Bloomberg...

That's true each time there's always 2 schools of thoughts...However, this time I believe the economic is still far from recovery...As the TS article has shown it's madness to believe that you can always borrow more $$ to fill the gap of the $$ being wiped out....a simple example is you borrow from Ah long A to pay AH Long B the previous debt you owned...The end result....either you find ways to put Ah long behind bars or you go jump down building as there's no way you can repay that sum of $$$$

In US case, the extreme measure would be war (like Bush admin hide a problem by creating a bigger problem)...Then can claim from the world biggest Ah Long - IMF.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Food for though..... :mellow:

Supercharged

Whatever it is, a deeper recession is on the cards early 2010. By meanwhile, enjoy your job, your bonus, your perks, and maybe make a quick buck or two in the stock market which will boom till end of this year. If wanna sell property, do so before end of this year and be quick.

After that, seat tight, and beginning 2010, we will have a hard ride for the next 1-2 years.

After all that talk, i only believe in one thing.

like when we play marbles 25 - 30 yrs ago.

"no sound no counted"

so

"Put your money where your mouth is"

otherwise, it's simply words words and more words.......blah blah blah......cheap.

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

btw, those enbloc propertys, most construction will be completed by then yeah, 2010 and 2011????

by then, private really over supply, over priced, rental drops, owner lost big money?? any comment?

unless e 2 IR pull us out.

This kind of naysaying will never disappear. Please state your source.

Here's what I have from Bloomberg...

Turbocharged

After all that talk, i only believe in one thing.

like when we play marbles 25 - 30 yrs ago.

"no sound no counted"

so

"Put your money where your mouth is"

otherwise, it's simply words words and more words.......blah blah blah......cheap.

?????? isn't this what the forum is for??? people come here to talk only what. What u want??? document proof??? else cannot say anything?

Neutral Newbie

btw, those enbloc propertys, most construction will be completed by then yeah, 2010 and 2011????

by then, private really over supply, over priced, rental drops, owner lost big money?? any comment?

unless e 2 IR pull us out.

Private property sure will cool down...if those jump in in 2007 and early 2008, sure kenna burnt...

But you expect 2 IR to pull us out....you must be kidding....It's a gamble by our government from the very beginning...

Once complete, they still need to lose few millions of $$$ before they can start earning....Hopefully they can dong, else.....Genting not so worried as manage to find some backing recently...Sand??? Not to forget our 3 banks are heavily involved...if one of them default the debts.....siao liao....Singapore version of US subprime....

playing devil's advocate...

so what if we are in the middle of a deep recession? what does it really mean for most of us if we don't lose our jobs? as lau goh said, 5% unemployed means 95% still employed... japan was in a recession for 10 years or more. you go japan it still feel thriving, life still goes on.

so long as we don't ended up in a depression with systemic failures of banks or hyperinflation zimbawee style, and in a micro level, so long as we dont lose our job, does it really matter? i survive 97 asian financial crisis, 911 crash, dotcom bust, SARS, and so far the 08 crash, stll alive what.

as for property market, there's still immigration (still growing rapidly) and upgraders to support it. and also lots of money on the sideline, as people who missed out on the bull run are now trying to get in. bank loans are NOT that difficult to get and they are damn cheap.

yes, property prices have increased, but monthly repayment have not increased so substantially because of low interest.

and week in week out all my colleagues are still talking about buying property, esp. if they start to dip. if that's the case, how is it going to drop?

?????? isn't this what the forum is for??? people come here to talk only what. What u want??? document proof??? else cannot say anything?

seems like you totally misunderstand.

but anyway, you say your piece , I say mine.

who's stopping who?

plse continue.. [laugh]

late last year read an article fr popular I-ching master fr HK, who described worse economic scenarior in 2O1O [thumbsdown] in the form of I-ching which i cud not understsand. [confused]

with the current overall developments internationally [furious] , it seems not bad to bet small amnt of $$$ in 4D, to see 2O1O cud help little in easing $$$ pressure. [thumbsup]

this recession is interesting in that the fall in economic activity is accompanied with there being lots of money out there. there is so much money slushing around from the previous years of excess, and from govt printing so much of it ard the world.

banks are full of money, the system is full of money, the only question is whether you can access it. and for those who can access it, they are all shock how cheap and abundant money is. so before you know it, you have a property rally and a stock market rally in the midst of a recession.

i agree with angela merka; there is or should be a big fear of inflation of the worst kind - money supply inflation not linked to economic growth. this can lead to all kinds of asset bubbles (already happening) while the economy remains deflated (ie stagflation). and for those who cant access that money supply (in most cases the poor etc) things will get really heated.

and in a place like singapore which is trying to attract rich people and wealth to be parked here, this inflation will be especially exacerbated (because u pull in even more money without any real economic activity underpinning it)

I'm on oversea assign in China Guangdong for the past 2 mths

To my understand China richest province hitted real bad this round too

70 000 factories/businesses shutted down within 6 mtns

Even Wal-Mart appointed factories living in fear

Met a senoir native manager in Beijing

He told me he had been working from 9am to 2am 7 days a week without off days for mtns

He consider himself blessed as many or his peers lost jobs

China indirectly hitted bad from US and Europe for being the world factories and they depend so much its export

i ching v zhun one..dont play play... [laugh]

in my own view..i think worst will start v mild at next quarter(sep on wards)..when mid of 2010.i think its the time...

↡ Advertisement