Advise needed to buy 2nd hand Rims from Vagsg

Sbnp

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

I am looking around for used/new rims and have found the most lead from Vagsg.

They have rims for sales ranging from Bora, Jetta, Golf to A3, A4 etc, even Scirocco also have.

However, I am not well versed in this area and will thus appreciate any advise on which type fits my ride.

I am currently driving Octavia A5. Was told my specs is 5 x 112, offset +35. Does it mean that any deviation from this specs means I cannot buy?

I would also prefer a 17" rim, though I won't rule out 18" at this stage.

Saw the Scirocco rims and was very impressed by its design. Any idea which tyre shop carries the same design and can fit the Octy?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Dear All,

I am looking around for used/new rims and have found the most lead from Vagsg.

They have rims for sales ranging from Bora, Jetta, Golf to A3, A4 etc, even Scirocco also have.

However, I am not well versed in this area and will thus appreciate any advise on which type fits my ride.

I am currently driving Octavia A5. Was told my specs is 5 x 112, offset +35. Does it mean that any deviation from this specs means I cannot buy?

I would also prefer a 17" rim, though I won't rule out 18" at this stage.

Saw the Scirocco rims and was very impressed by its design. Any idea which tyre shop carries the same design and can fit the Octy?

Thanks in advance.

5 x 112 must be the same

offset +35 = You can have it slightly more than +35

Just my opinion

bro, the best is stick to offset, however slight deviation is not a problem +/- 2 or 3 no problem .....

one of our SPB bro's got a set of 17" OZs for sale, dunn ocan fit or not. lemme ask for you.

Neutral Newbie

bro, the best is stick to offset, however slight deviation is not a problem +/- 2 or 3 no problem .....

one of our SPB bro's got a set of 17" OZs for sale, dunn ocan fit or not. lemme ask for you.

Thanks, bro!

Neutral Newbie

+45 too much already. Your tyres would probably end up scrapping the inside wall when you do a full lock turn .... [sweatdrop]

I am actually very surprise Octy A5 offset is so low. The Octy A4 was +38 (If I can recall correctly). And according to some bro in vagsg, Golf (maybe the GTI) is on +55, Bora, Jetta +45 etc. Even the Audi families are on +45 and above. Like that quite difficult to find a simliar rim. Does a lower offset means handling and cornering is compromised?

Neutral Newbie

I am actually very surprise Octy A5 offset is so low. The Octy A4 was +38 (If I can recall correctly). And according to some bro in vagsg, Golf (maybe the GTI) is on +55, Bora, Jetta +45 etc. Even the Audi families are on +45 and above. Like that quite difficult to find a simliar rim. Does a lower offset means handling and cornering is compromised?

Have to clarify on my statement above. It seems the +35 offset of Octy A5 makes it look more agressive than those with higher offset. After a read thru' in vagsg forum, realise that those model with similiar (or near) rims setup are Audi A4 B7, VW Scirroco, Passat and Audi TT!!!!

Neutral Newbie

Bingo!

Models that fit (All 5 x 112):

1. Audi A4 B7 - perfect fit. Generally 17"/18", offset +35

2. Audi A5 - 19", offset +33

3. Audi TT - 19" offset +38

4. VW Scirocco - 18", offset +41 (This one maybe cannot)

5. VW Passat - Still checking

I am wondering if 19" is too much fo Octy A5 to take.

Any comments?

(edited)

I am wondering if 19" is too much fo Octy A5 to take.

Any comments?

19" [crazy] ?? brudder, not advisable lah !!! sluggish, not to mention the cost of tyres [knife]

anyway, rims ->

post-1137-1245977346_thumb.jpg

17" PCD 5X112, 8.0J. Offset35. Think the Centrebore is 57.1

Edited by Othello

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro, u mean the vagsg link?

Here u go.

vagsg

It leads you direct to the classified section.

Edited by Sbnp

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sbnp,

have you got your rims?

I am collecting my octavia with 15" tyres soon, and also looking for rims.

Can help to advise any shops and anyone who does sells 2nd hand rims?

Plan to change tyre size. 16" will do.

Neutral Newbie

bro, its u. come my place view. I am outstation till 10 Jul, call me on 11 Jul ya?

My apology bro, didn't log into this thread for a few days and just saw your reply. Let me get back to you via hp this coming weekend.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sbnp,

have you got your rims?

I am collecting my octavia with 15" tyres soon, and also looking for rims.

Can help to advise any shops and anyone who does sells 2nd hand rims?

Plan to change tyre size. 16" will do.

Hi DevilsSon, welcome to the club. I guess we are the only one with the A5 1.6MPI. Finally I got companion. [thumbsup]

Ok, back to the rims. No I haven't settle on any yet. Taking my time. But yes, I do have a few contacts here and there. I saw your posts in vagsg. As stated in my posts above, you may want to go for offset of plus minus about 3 from the recommended +35. The one which is taken out from A4 B8 is +47, so it is not suitable. Keep a lookout for the A4 B7 as it will fit perfectly. The A5 and TT are normally 19" and above, so definitely not what you are looking for.

Understand that you are looking for either 15"/16" rims. Perhaps you may want to consider enduring with the stock 15" rims for the time being, wait for the tyre to wear out before you upgrade to 17"/18".

Not trying to corrupt you, but my personal experience in driving Octy A4 previously when I upgrade from 15" to 17" shows very little fuel consumption compromise, but definitely better handling. The cost of tyre is more expensive though. More importantly, the car looks much better.

If you need more info, feel free to PM me with your contact. We can sms one another.