CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?

Guyver

CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Intel or AMD?

• Desktop - Intel
    • Desktop - AMD
    • Notebook - Intel
    • Notebook - AMD

Dear all,

Just would like to find out what are the CPU brands that you guys are using.

Eg. If you have 1 PC using AMD and 1 notebook using Intel, you select "Desktop - AMD" & "Notebook - Intel".

And so on.

Intel?

OR

AMD?

Multiple choice is allowed.

↡ Advertisement

bet long enough u will see many ppl hav chosen intel... cos frankly speaking i can tell u many ppl dun noe there are others rather dan intel!!!

me desktop and notebook both AMD... AMD supporters since more than 10yrs ago when i first noe how to build a rig and about com stuffs...

• Haha! 1

AMD for both PCs at home, system very stable . . . never hang before.

AMD is good for gaming [thumbsup]

I was torn between the two brands, but why AMD is better for games?

Diversify car business to sell CPUs ah? :D

Yah lor ..... the margin for selling CPU is better ...... 200%!! [laugh] [laugh]

errr its never about "hanging" wat.

its about performance, compatibility etc

Dear all,

Just would like to find out what are the CPU brands that you guys are using.

Eg. If you have 1 PC using AMD and 1 notebook using Intel, you select "Desktop - AMD" & "Notebook - Intel".

And so on.

Intel?

OR

AMD?

Multiple choice is allowed.

If you are using desktop software like MS office, Photoshop, then there is no diff whether AMD of Intel. However, if you are using server software like Oracle, where drivers and patches are tie to the CPU, it is better to get Intel, because it is more popular so it is easier to get support.

bet long enough u will see many ppl hav chosen intel... cos frankly speaking i can tell u many ppl dun noe there are others rather dan intel!!!

me desktop and notebook both AMD... AMD supporters since more than 10yrs ago when i first noe how to build a rig and about com stuffs...

for notebooks, choosing centrino is a natural choice.

its really a battery saver chip.

Last time i worked in a computer hardware trading house. Actually for CPUs, the profit margin is at most USD$1 to 2 nowadays. And thats very good already. It is mostly a high volume sales transaction. The main market out there is still the low end market. My Sales Mgr usually push the AMD Semprons and Intel Celerons. Quite common as well is the single core AMD 939 3000+ and 4000+ series. Very rare i will see them selling double cores. They told me competition is getting stiffer and stiffer because the Chinese themselves are sourcing from the stockists themselves.

Last time esp during Pentium IV era, AMD Athlons was [thumbsup]

The Pentium Prescotts running on the Northwood architecture was egg fryers and energy guzzlers. [dead]

The Duo Cores also not much better off.

However things took a turn around when Intel brought out the Core 2 Duos codenamed Merom/Conroe. More equal footing between the two giants now.

Is it? I got AMD for my PCs.

Thinking of changing my core 2 duo to Amd phantom 2 955, the reviews was quite good for gaming wise, not very far from new intel i7 but a fraction of its cost. Used to be Amd supporter too.

Anyone currently using the above chip, need some actual review from users, think will be slow as this is quite a new cpu from AMD

↡ Advertisement