CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?

Guyver

CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Intel or AMD?

• Desktop - Intel
    • Desktop - AMD
    • Notebook - Intel
    • Notebook - AMD

keke... Wanna try new game prototype.. Scare my system cannot take it. My c2d already almost 2 years old already, can change le [lipsrsealed] although it still performs very welll.

But seems like quad core is still better than amd processor in gaming.. So I think I should either get Quad core or I7. But I7 heavy investment... My board can support Quad core, maybe just get the processor will do.

Orhh?? Dunno why but I prefer AMD [flowerface]

Actually for gaming (esp graphic intensive games), your graphics card play a bigger role than your CPU.

It was indeed true that AMD CPU's are better than Intel's during the early Pentium 4 days.

During that brief period, AMD CPU's floating point is higher, thus, resulting in faster number crunching capabilities - which is essential for 3D games.

What mobo you using? i am using Gigabyte DS3 using solid capacitors. Damn solid [thumbsup] never give me problems. But seems like i have to flash bios to extend support for QuadCore or QuadExtreme [sly]

But no need lah [:p]

Actually for gaming (esp graphic intensive games), your graphics card play a bigger role than your CPU.

It was indeed true that AMD CPU's are better than Intel's during the early Pentium 4 days.

During that brief period, AMD CPU's floating point is higher, thus, resulting in faster number crunching capabilities - which is essential for 3D games.

Yeah, still remember the K6 family of amd, beat the crap out of intel processors back than. But nowadays the GPU comes out quite fast, gets outdated very fast... My 8600GT like cannot make it for new games already [smallcry]

Last time esp during Pentium IV era, AMD Athlons was [thumbsup]

The Pentium Prescotts running on the Northwood architecture was egg fryers and energy guzzlers. [dead]

The Duo Cores also not much better off.

However things took a turn around when Intel brought out the Core 2 Duos codenamed Merom/Conroe. More equal footing between the two giants now.

The worst is the first version of the P4 CPUs - the Whillamete (dunno how to spell [sweatdrop] ) cores.

Since the core2 series was introduced, AMD has been in the dust.

Quite true [thumbsup] Nowadays the GPU development is quite scary. I read that GPUs have no problem reaching 4 or 5 teraflops whereas CPUs are still in the dust at 0.5 teraflops [dizzy]

Anyway am still using ancient graphic card ATI Radeon 1950 Pro. :wub:

wahaha if can get ATI HD 4870... [hur]

What mobo you using? i am using Gigabyte DS3 using solid capacitors. Damn solid [thumbsup] never give me problems. But seems like i have to flash bios to extend support for QuadCore or QuadExtreme [sly]

But no need lah [:p]

I'm using MSI P35Neo3. Don't remember the full specs already as I built this quite sometime ago. So after reading I think the way to go is I7 but costly sigh...... Even my graphics card also... The new GTX version is so Ex...

ah, you said it before i could.

im using an intel core 2 duo. (no idea why they call it that. its like calling it 'intel processor, intel processor, two, two')

on a 13" white macbook. so much for choice, cant even add extra ram as 2GB is the max it was built for. if i change to amd or anything else, i wonder if it would just blow up in my face. lol. [laugh]

keke... Wanna try new game prototype.. Scare my system cannot take it. My c2d already almost 2 years old already, can change le [lipsrsealed] although it still performs very welll.

But seems like quad core is still better than amd processor in gaming.. So I think I should either get Quad core or I7. But I7 heavy investment... My board can support Quad core, maybe just get the processor will do.

But for gaming, very few games support quad core. So basically, they still cannot take advantage of the quad core.

Turbocharged

All my home PC are running AMD.

One X2 6000+, one X2 4000+ and another 939 3000+

My main com(also gaming com) is running on HD4850 with 1GB GFX RAM. System Ram is 3GB.

Then laptop is on Intel Core2Duo T9400 with 4GB RAM.

All my home PC are running AMD.

One X2 6000+, one X2 4000+ and another 939 3000+

My main com(also gaming com) is running on HD4850 with 1GB GFX RAM. System Ram is 3GB.

Then laptop is on Intel Core2Duo T9400 with 4GB RAM.

Wa... You house is a lan shop is it, so many pc.... Thinking of changing my rig already..

(edited)

You guys got try to play the Directx 10 games like Crysis yet? Damn swee sia the graphics [inlove]

Not yet, I am more interested in prototype at the moment. C2D is the min req. already....

Edited by Ghostami