CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?

Guyver

CPU chip - What are you using? Intel or AMD?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Intel or AMD?

• Desktop - Intel
    • Desktop - AMD
    • Notebook - Intel
    • Notebook - AMD

Turbocharged

Wa... You house is a lan shop is it, so many pc.... Thinking of changing my rig already..

i have my personal desktop for gaming and 3d modelling..and laptop for studies..

the other 2 desktop, 1 attached to 40" LCD TV for movies, the other is for everyone else to use..

bro recommend you go extremetech to see their writeups.

Most of the time .... the stuffs we do don't need so much computing power.

Guess you choose what suit your usage most.

But if you got $$ to burn then by all means.

keke... Wanna try new game prototype.. Scare my system cannot take it. My c2d already almost 2 years old already, can change le [lipsrsealed] although it still performs very welll.

But seems like quad core is still better than amd processor in gaming.. So I think I should either get Quad core or I7. But I7 heavy investment... My board can support Quad core, maybe just get the processor will do.

What do you do with your PC that you need such computing power?

What do you do with your PC that you need such computing power?

To cater for future gaming thirst!!!!!! [bounce1] Although I am reaching my 30s but I still love to play games. The damm thing I hate about games on pc are that the requirements gets higher and higher till I have to spend lots of $$ upgrading my pc to keep up.

Or maybe I should just get a ps3 instead... Currently having a wii hence no drive to get the ps3

Quite true [thumbsup] Nowadays the GPU development is quite scary. I read that GPUs have no problem reaching 4 or 5 teraflops whereas CPUs are still in the dust at 0.5 teraflops [dizzy]

Anyway am still using ancient graphic card ATI Radeon 1950 Pro. :wub:

wahaha if can get ATI HD 4870... [hur]

ur setup is similar to mine. lol.

but i using a asus mobo. cant rem the model liao. like u said, still serving me well . . .

just tat my 1950pro cant be screwed onto my casing so keeps coming loose. lol.

song bo? PS2 can be used to set up impromptu mission control?

Imagine a scene of the president fleeing. The infamous suitcase with the launchpad control is lost... *OH NO

DONT WORRY MR PRESIDENT, you can use my PS2 to do the job!! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

For lappy wise I guess amd will do great, its just that you can't upgrade it in future and also graphic wise whatever you bought you will have it till you throw it away.

he launches missiles with it [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

Are you sure? Maybe he is watching those "nice naughty" videos .... perhaps 9 different scene concurrently .... [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Intel Plunges as It Weighs Exit From Manufacturing Chips

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.bloombergquint.com/amp/business/intel-considers-what-was-once-heresy-not-manufacturing-chips

the once great King Kong of processors

cannot process 7nm. 3 years behind amd. If projected end 2022 to 2023 than migrate over to 7nm.
AMD went up 15% last night. Intel down by same amount.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1