Will the Tata Nano ever come to Singapore? Any chance? When?

SZY

Clutched

Will the Tata Nano ever come to Singapore? Any chance? When?

Or anyone has news say in sg for research like smart 4bytwo...

↡ Advertisement

Haha, that is a gd qns to which i wanna knw the ans too. If it were to make it here, it will kick the butt of China cars.

But I am quite pessimistic of it reaching our shores. IMO singaporeans are to 'face' conscious to be seen in one. [drivingcar]

Clutched

Nvm la i not see 'face' one, i m the to me its a tool thing as long save money save petrol can liao....

Turbocharged

come in to flood the market with lagi cheaper cars..so that our already jammed up roads will be more jammed? and therefore giving LTA more reasons to set up gantries?

NO THANK YOU..

Maybe PI will bring it in very soon if there is demand for it.

The way I look at it.....when it arrives.....the COE price alone will cost MORE than the OMV + ARF + Excise Tax combined!

Say the COE will cost $15k....while the total tax cost of the car(assume OMV is S$4000) will be around $9k only.

Who will buy? I don't know.

come in to flood the market with lagi cheaper cars..so that our already jammed up roads will be more jammed? and therefore giving LTA more reasons to set up gantries?

NO THANK YOU..

How can the roads be more jammed when there's the COE system? Whether cars are cheap or expensive, there will still be XX number of new cars hitting the road every year. In fact cars like the Nano might make the roads less jammed because they are smaller and take up less space.

(edited)

when cars were selling for > $100k for a 1.6litre, people say they will definately rush to buy one if it drops to half the price. then when it cost $60k, people say if car price drop to $30k (picanto and QQ) they will definately rush to buy one. now people say that if the nano arrives at our shore and lower than $30k they will definately buy one. but when that happens they will probably say this and that and it is not worth it.

that's life.

Edited by Vextan

anyway if and when the nano arrives on our shore, it will surely be much more than $5k, adding up the omv, coe, and whatever. perhaps $20k or more. then it may not be so dirt cheap after all.

Clutched

if COE is more ex and the car then the gov should consider COE is not working.... if it jam up more roads then it means ERP is not working... time to find a new solution....

The way I look at it.....when it arrives.....the COE price alone will cost MORE than the OMV + ARF + Excise Tax combined!

Say the COE will cost $15k....while the total tax cost of the car(assume OMV is S$4000) will be around $9k only.

If 15K COE + 9K OMV does it mean take 10yr loan also can break even early with such higher paper value? [sweatdrop]

NO THANK YOU..

Flood the roads? What? It's a Nano! You can drive it like the Indians do, two Nanos per lane! A two lane main road becomes a four lane highway! If everyone switches to a Nano, the world will be a better place. [bounce1]

Neutral Newbie

what if COE is only $8k and then convert to OPC? Only pay road tax and petrol if really drive from 7 to 7??

Turbocharged

Flood the roads? What? It's a Nano! You can drive it like the Indians do, two Nanos per lane! A two lane main road becomes a four lane highway! If everyone switches to a Nano, the world will be a better place. [bounce1]

very scary if go up north with nano leh.. [sweatdrop]

more like a tata nono

we've got enough cars from various many makes already.

dont think we need another brand to make our

roads even more congested than they are now.

anyway driving a nano would probably be taking a step back in time. haha

Reg as OPC sounds very good idea.

Let's hope for it's arrival.

what if COE is only $8k and then convert to OPC? Only pay road tax and petrol if really drive from 7 to 7??

Hypersonic

NO THANK YOU..

There is no such thing as cheap cars in Spore!

And how to flood? The number of cars is decided by COE.

The no of new cars is set, only the price can go up or down.

↡ Advertisement