Any lifespan for tyres?

Kurty

Neutral Newbie

Sharing with u bros n sis abt tyre repair at Stamford tyre (bt batok br). The service there is dam jiat lak. I drove in to repair puncture tyre bought last yr n less then 15k, the guy insist my tyre worn out n need replace. I told him my car gonna scrap by Oct. He told me "then just keep using spare tyre can already". Very bad service attitude. If Stamford do not want to offer lifetime tyre repair for free, then just remove the offer. Otherwise pls educate your staff at bt batok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Tyres are our car's only contact with the road so don't try to save too much on this critical item.

I always ensure I buy tyres with than than 1 year since production and keep it maximum of 3 years after purchase even if there is still tyre thread left. Reason is rubber hardens, especially in our super hot tropical weather. Once harden, it is more prone to punctures etc.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

low price already got some issue

FREE one want to compliant

Autobac, hankook also selling tyres c/w lifetime puncture repair. This is a very competitive mkt n if the brands doesn't care, they will lose customers.

Autobac, hankook also selling tyres c/w lifetime puncture repair. This is a very competitive mkt n if the brands doesn't care, they will lose customers.

c/w life time puncture repair is GOOD package

BUT must do the proper repair right ?

Neutral Newbie

My Gdyear tyre serve me very gd. I use it like 3 to 4 years before it need to change yesterday. I was told by the mechanics say my rims was crooks need to replace rim + tyre. If change tyre without rim will spoil the tyre faster. I have been thinking few month before yesterday decided to change from 14" to 15" with hankook tires 192/55R15. Now got some issue come out. Maybe i should not change to 15" should stay at 14".

Turbocharged

guys, if time to change tyres but car left with 6-9 mths before expiry, wud u ride on, change to 2nd hand tyres or buy new tyres?

Suck thumb change tyres. Else you may lose grip when driving in wet conditions or turning. One more thing that might happen is sudden failure of tyre due to lesser rubber left, whole tyre simply explode while you drive. How do you know it is time to change tyres? Reach wear limit?

guys, if time to change tyres but car left with 6-9 mths before expiry, wud u ride on, change to 2nd hand tyres or buy new tyres?

putting a pre own tire is ok, most importantly you have to know the history of the tire if you can , ask yourself how many km you need for this 6-9 month ?

go to your regular shop , I believe they should able to help and advice you, sometime is no harm to buy a old date new tires(at offer price) than unknown or you worry about this pre own tire.

If you want 100% worry free just go for New tire, no point save money but you are driving with fierce.

just MHO

• Praise 2

I realised my tyres are 5212 . So now is 2017, must change my tyres soon .... . I change in 2014. Did not check when buying .... Life span of tyres using is 6 years for Michelin ?

Turbocharged

I realised my tyres are 5212 . So now is 2017, must change my tyres soon .... . I change in 2014. Did not check when buying .... Life span of tyres using is 6 years for Michelin ?

Even if you got new 2014 tyres back in 2014, isn't it about time for a change too? 

• Praise 1

base on the figures stated

check on Michelin Sg website , your current Mic tire is SAFE to use until Year 2020 (Mic Sg Official warranty from Authorized Dealer only) 

this warranty does not cover wear and tear  like all products , since your tire is due for change better change  don't wait m tires are the only 4 contacts btw you+ passenger and road.

for further details you can logging to Mic sg site

(edited)

Thanks for the advice, I just change to PS4 last sat.

Much smoother compare to my previous ride on PS3

Edited by Winning
↡ Advertisement