Amazing Wimbledon Final - Federer's 19th Grand Slam victory

Dj_spike

Did anyone watched the final yest?

Roddick played the game of his life yet he lost...

Was only broken once yet he lost...

Credit to Federer though.... he stuck at it till the end... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

yeah, both guys just dug in and stuck with what they did best and wait for the other guy to make the small mistake. both did not vary their game much and the 5th set really could have gone either way, but Fed serving first, guess had some advantage. mentally, both guys were focused till the end.

good game by Fed and Roddick. [thumbsup]

Awesome tennis...I really feel bad for Roddick...he has improved and I hope he takes the US open 2009

Yeah, watch till the end, long game. At one point, really wish Roddick can win cause he really played well and has that never say die attitude. Pity him.

Turbocharged

damn.didn't know it was gonna last that long.came home late...n tot game ended.so jus went to sleep...

Roddick shld have finished Fed off in the early part of the game, he allowed Fed to take 3rd set. Too bad. Later part of the game Rod is like sweating like hell liao when Fed is like hardly any sweat lor. Like at the amounf of Aces Fed shot off.

Confirm Fed to win the match - just a matter of when in the final set...

Awesome tennis...I really feel bad for Roddick...he has improved and I hope he takes the US open 2009

If Roddick maintains this standard for the next 6 mths, the US open could well be his.... [thumbsup]

I felt that his first serve let him down in the final...

Yeah, watch till the end, long game. At one point, really wish Roddick can win cause he really played well and has that never say die attitude. Pity him.

Resurrection of Roddick? [grouphug]

Roddick shld have finished Fed off in the early part of the game, he allowed Fed to take 3rd set. Too bad. Later part of the game Rod is like sweating like hell liao when Fed is like hardly any sweat lor. Like at the amounf of Aces Fed shot off.

Confirm Fed to win the match - just a matter of when in the final set...

Roddick sweats more than the average pro... i quoting vijay armitraj... [laugh]

Yup, very gracious after defeat although he couldn't wait to take the plate off the Duke and move one side! [laugh]

Yup, very gracious after defeat although he couldn't wait to take the plate off the Duke and move one side! [laugh]

I also can't take my eyes off his wife [laugh][laugh][laugh]

The commentary said the glaring sun in one direction affected both players. At the game Roddick lost, he was facing the sun. I thought if Rod could hold one more game, he could've broken Federer the next. But throughout the game, you know that Federer is simply the master. I felt he was more in control of the game despite being broken twice.