Where to buy touch n go card in sg

Verve

Twincharged

Seeing the interests and lack of processing facility over in Singapore, I am, very surprise why no one want to set up some kind of business to buy back TnG cards from those motorists who are quite sure they are not going in again in next 6 months, or own those TnG cards expiring soon, or sell new TnG cards with stored value online at slight premium.

I am sure many would not mind paying RM10 extra for a card with store value of RM100 for the convenience as I myself hate to have to go look for TnG booth when at custom, holding up fellow motorists behind. And I have been wasting money every year from those annual road trips where I tended to buy more than necessary, so losing easily RM100 every year as normally will not go North again within the year.

And don't even need to keep stock of the cards, just need to accept orders online and collect payment, and just go in once a week for example to buy the ordered quantity then mail them out to buyers. I believe there would be buyers within the MCF just if someone who go JB every week to pump petrol want to take up this job. Just few minutes effort required for the extra income.

To think so many people move cross the 2 land borders everyday. I believe the potential is there. Too bad I no flair in doing business haha.

Most people have more than 1 T n G card. I have 3, 2 oredi invalid cause did not use within 1 year.

Too lazy to go to their office to redeem.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Why should the card have an expiration at the first place ?

I have not driven in for some time and yesterday, I found out that my card was invalid.

Had to walk to the counter to be told they ran out of cards. Asked me to go back to my car and press the intercom.

A lady came. Asked me to pass her cash and use her card.

I thank her for exercising flexibility and initiative.

Still no where to buy the card in Singapore ?

Edited by Davidtkl

Most people have more than 1 T n G card. I have 3, 2 oredi invalid cause did not use within 1 year.

Too lazy to go to their office to redeem.

• Praise 1

Is there still top up points at causeway? Last I saw the top up points will be closed from 13 Aug

petrol kiosk can top-up.

some charge me RM 50 cents service, some dont.

KL MRT station also can top-up. Service fee RM 50cents.

Using the SAME card for MRT/LRT 

38 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

really now jb customs no more top up counter?

i dont have enuff balance to cross.

where can i top up?

Still have, ask the immigration officer where to topup, they will tell you where the person holding the portable topup machine. Most likely you'll have to get out of the car to run to other counter depending where they are :mellow: Assuming you're going in by 1st link.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wildfaye29 said:

really now jb customs no more top up counter?

i dont have enuff balance to cross.

where can i top up?

Cross over via Tuas 2nd Link. Top up booths are located before Malaysian immigration/toll payment.

• Praise 1

On 7/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, Davidtkl said:

Why should the card have an expiration at the first place ?

Ya exactly. I didn't know the card can expire also.

But in any case, I seldom go in anyway. So not a big deal for me. Just a little troublesome that's all.

16 minutes ago, Benarsenal said:

Ya exactly. I didn't know the card can expire also.

But in any case, I seldom go in anyway. So not a big deal for me. Just a little troublesome that's all.

Cash card and EZ Link also got expiry date 

18 hours ago, Holdenutessv said:

Still have, ask the immigration officer where to topup, they will tell you where the person holding the portable topup machine. Most likely you'll have to get out of the car to run to other counter depending where they are :mellow: Assuming you're going in by 1st link.

already no more top up for Woodlands

9 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Cash card and EZ Link also got expiry date 

Yes. But the tng card expiration date is ridiculous. It is useable with one year of non-use. Cash card, 5 years or till the card expires.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Davidtkl said:

Yes. But the tng card expiration date is ridiculous. It is useable with one year of non-use. Cash card, 5 years or till the card expires.

TNG card has a validity period of 10 years.  However, You have ensure that the card is used at least once a year to avoid the card become dormant.

img021.jpg

43 minutes ago, Civic2000 said:

TNG card has a validity period of 10 years.  However, You have ensure that the card is used at least once a year to avoid the card become dormant.

img021.jpg

If the card has  not been used for more than 1 year, the office can help to get refund with an admin charge, and you have to buy a new card. I simply don't understand why need to buy a new card! Can't they just reactivate the card?

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

If the card has  not been used for more than 1 year, the office can help to get refund with an admin charge, and you have to buy a new card. I simply don't understand why need to buy a new card! Can't they just reactivate the card?

This is my point exactly.

8 hours ago, Dafansu said:

already no more top up for Woodlands

Really no more liao ah... Sorry folks wrong info [crazy] [sweatdrop] Usually just top up in petrol station while pumping, save the hassle

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Holdenutessv said:

Really no more liao ah... Sorry folks wrong info [crazy] [sweatdrop] Usually just top up in petrol station while pumping, save the hassle

No more since one month back, verified by many in custom telegram group. Many need to borrow from driver behind them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1