Feedback on Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3A

Neoscan

Hi there,

Have not test driven one yet but thought the performance specification and price are quite ok.
Japanese MPV are just too common on the road.
Anyone driving this car presently? Wanted to know the car interm of:

a) Space, luxury and comfort (compare with Grandis, Odyssey, Estima equivalent)
b) Ease of maintenance and general reliability(Made in US means lousy QA)?
c) Can last the next 10 years?
d) Fuel frugal to drive around .

If you have other information, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Wanted to consider it previously, but changed my mind when I realized (then) that it got only 1 or 2 stars for NCAP crash safety.

In the NCAP report, the test Chrysler Voyager car actually split into two on the side impact test.

Big petrol guzzler of an MPV, with bottom-drawer crash test safety.

No thank you. I think my family is more important to me, for that incremental cheaper$-per-cc/size incentive.

• Praise 1

Amazing!!!!

100k+ MPV and yet only scoring 1-2 star rating like the made in china MPV....

No wonder they went bankcrupt producing such crap

Friend, dun judge MPVs just by looking at the numbers found on the roads.

Go and test drive all to see for yourself. What you want from (a)~(d) can only be found on a Japanese MPV. The one you mentioned is opposite of everything you had in mind.

• Praise 1

test a Alphard n a voyager.........proly e Toyota will win u over :ph34r:

This I agree cos many Hong Kong celebs have this MPV. It can be pimped to be even more luxurious.

I was considering it when I was shopping for an MPV last year.

This car can't meet most of what you are looking for. The only thing going for it is it's size and the seats (for the passenger) is among the most comfortable...cos of it's size. Loads of shoulder, leg and headroom. The Stow N Go system is also very useful.

But road handling is so-so, built quality is typical of most American cars, under power, etc...

• Praise 1

Test the alphard, Vellfire or Nissan Elgrand... Definitely will be much much better than Than Chrysler Grand Voyager. IF you want power, get the Toyota Alphard or Vellfire 3.5L version..

• Praise 1

(edited)

zafira, s-max, picasso

These are good choices. I also considered Elgrand (specs only..cos it was not launched in s'pore yet) but gave up...cos it's too high for some carpark. So it is not practical for me...cos i don't have a chauffeur to wait for me while I shop or in a meeting.

Edited by Silver_blade

Not sure about alphard or Vellfire. But test drove the Elgrand...it's like driving a van. Completely lack of 'feel' and road-holding is van-like.

(edited)

Not sure about alphard or Vellfire. But test drove the Elgrand...it's like driving a van. Completely lack of 'feel' and road-holding is van-like.

I was in the showroom two years ago, bent down and look at the rear suspension setup. Leaf springs....just like good-old three tonners....

Salesperson told me it was a deliberate design choice to 'improve comfort due to the weight of the car'... [sweatdrop]

Edited by Nostalgia
  • Praise 1

If you're seriously considering something that size go and take a look at the vito and fiat minibusses.

I drove the fiat 12 seater - 2 litre turbo diesel, performance was "ok", handling about what you'd expect from a van, but if you didn't want a sports car also ok. At 120km it was quiet.

Seats were very comfy, and very convenient to get in and out. Was manual only but because of diesel torque easy to drive, with reversing camera parking also not a chore.

And big plpus for me was the hinged rear doors and fully removable rear seats (row by row) so easy to reconfigure if wanted to carry any cargo. If I recall register as S plate when I looked a little over two years ago was about $80k

• Praise 1

I was in the showroom two years ago, bent down and look at the rear suspension setup. Leaf springs....just like good-old three tonners....

Salesperson told me it was a deliberate design choice to 'improve comfort due to the weight of the car'... [sweatdrop]

...FC will be [sweatdrop]

And what about Renault Espace? Though no longer on the price list le, but you can enquire if there are any leftover cars still unsold. Bargain hard already, you may get a comfortable cruiser.

Edited by Alfisti168
  • Praise 1

If you're seriously considering something that size go and take a look at the vito and fiat minibusses.

I drove the fiat 12 seater - 2 litre turbo diesel, performance was "ok", handling about what you'd expect from a van, but if you didn't want a sports car also ok. At 120km it was quiet.

Seats were very comfy, and very convenient to get in and out. Was manual only but because of diesel torque easy to drive, with reversing camera parking also not a chore.

And big plpus for me was the hinged rear doors and fully removable rear seats (row by row) so easy to reconfigure if wanted to carry any cargo. If I recall register as S plate when I looked a little over two years ago was about $80k

vito petrol ( S plate) = viano ? if true, that's around 200k plus now (sept 2009).

fiat minibus buy from PI or fiat profesional singapore?

i also want 8-12 seat vehicle, petrol (S plate) with around 80-100k (from AD of course)

btw, new grand voyager look so box/ square. prefer the old model. but again it is 3000cc? even for opc need big $ rd tax :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1