Have NSFs ever failed a course through incompetence?

Ahtong

(edited)

I cannot comment on OCS / SISPEC but I find that it is almost impossible for anyone to fail a vocational course in the SAF. There are people who get OOC because of injury but I have never heard of anyone failing due to sheer incompetence.

Is my observation correct or have anyone come across people who were so out of their element they actually got the boot?

While we are on this topic, is it true that the most CMI officers end up as RP or MTO?

Edited by Ahtong
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

possible if there are not enough candidates to promote. they have quota to meet.

those who cannot perform are pushed into low profile posts.. QM, MT, watever..

Perhaps the MAPAS test administered before enlistment would have already taken into account various factors like IQ levels and competency in a certain field before posting orders. So, it is quite unlikely you will have extremely hopleless cases being channelled into vocations which they potentially cannot cope. Just a conjecture.

anyting run by SAF is fool-proof de... sure wun fail unless OOC due to injury or some past medical backgrounds...

after all these fool-proof stuffs, u ask encik to go fight war they will fool-proof u and mia...

3-ton is simple leh... i passed in my 1st attempt when i was tinking whether wan to pass or not and anyhow do parking but the tester ask me do again and again for few times dan he juz passed me.... y i tinking whether wan to pass or not bcos i hav license when i turn 18 in poly, and i tink y he passed me is bcos all of them noe tat someone wif license is safer to pass them...

I cannot comment on OCS / SISPEC but I find that it is almost impossible for anyone to fail a vocational course in the SAF. There are people who get OOC because of injury but I have never heard of anyone failing due to sheer incompetence.

Is my observation correct or have anyone come across people who were so out of their element they actually got the boot?

While we are on this topic, is it true that the most CMI officers end up as RP or MTO?

As for training courses, I'm not sure... But for vocational training, there are some whom failed due to non-injury related. When I was enlisted to the CDO BMT, there were about 250 recruits, separated into 4 platoons. The number of trainees got lesser after every stages. Eventually, after 12 mths of training, approximately about 150 graduated as Cdo.

Turbocharged

Quite possible.

Like fail driving course because always cannot park.

Fail arti course because don't know how to calibrate/aim etc

Fail signal course because don't how to set up vehicle radio set, trunk comms

Fail guards course because rappelling got problem

Fail commandos because all of the above [lipsrsealed]

the combat medic course got... but usually fail BCLS course (ie CPR course)... If fail, have to burn weekends until pass...

so far, even the most c--k person in my batch passed... =p

My friend's brother, failed rover driving test FOUR times. In the end, his superiors gave up and didn't make him take it anymore and transferred him out.

Somehow he think it's always some external factors, and never in any degree his fault. Of course, he's not a very smart person. Even his brother also gave up on him.

He already failed the first step in improving: accepting responsibility.

(edited)

sispec and OCS confirm got drop out rate that is non injury related.

yes.. i have a platoon mate who nearly got ooc from OCS because he failed peer appraisal. It was my PC that came to ask us if on concensus we would give him another chance... the party involved, his attitude is just so fXXk up that everyday everyone just wanna blanket him. So we took the chance to wack him during peer appraisal.

During Pro-term, you can go ooc if you fail the 2 missions given to you. Those are passing requirements. You can also fail the course if you fail SOC and/or Ippt.

My bro gg thru Commando training now, told me a handful was dropped out from commando after the special bmt coz they are deemed to lack the 'factors' to stay as commando.

Edited by Chrispie

As for training courses, I'm not sure... But for vocational training, there are some whom failed due to non-injury related. When I was enlisted to the CDO BMT, there were about 250 recruits, separated into 4 platoons. The number of trainees got lesser after every stages. Eventually, after 12 mths of training, approximately about 150 graduated as Cdo.

truth. they have a habit of OOCing alot of people.

field camp dropout=fail

operation thunderstorm dropout=fail

not enough jumps=fail

72km route march dropout=fail

for me i was supposed to be a lifeguard but failed the front-crawl timing. so me=FAIL! then eventually became a driver for CDO.

btw, its not platoons, its detachments.

For OCS/Sispec, it is more of attitude...if ur PC or encik deem u to ve a poor attitude, they will have an internal meeting to decide to fail u or not...becoz failing a cadet in OCS or a trainee in SISPEC needs to write justification, as this means the initial selection got problem.

SOC/missions easy to train. It is the attitude that determines. Most/all in OCS are there becoz they want to be there, those in sispec got three types 1) Kanna sabo by PC/platoon mates/Sect Comm in BMT, 2) those still hoping to go OCS via the SISPEC route, 3) those no idea why they are there in the first place [rolleyes] ....

↡ Advertisement