Which credit card give the best petrol discount?

SZY

i think DBS esso mastercard still gif one of the best discounts. dunno is 17% or 18%.

DBS esso mastercard is 17% now (was formerly 18%). I believe the Citi Dividend gives more discount at Esso.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Best discount for Caltex imo as follow:

Safra card - upfront 11% discount

Stanchart Xtra Saver Mastercard (with $20,000 in bank account) - additional 10% = 10% * 0.89 = 8.9% (http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/personal-banking/deposits/xtrasaver/en/)

Caltex Card - ~1%

Total = 20.9%

Technically, the Stanchart Xtra Saver Mastercard can be used for any petrol company but the combi with Safra Card gives the best discount.

Just checked. Citi divid at esso give 14% off at counter and with 5% cash back. This will give 19% without taking into consideration of the smile points yet.

[bounce1] I didn't know that OCBC NTUC Uplus Visa Card got this promotion. Have been pumping at Caltex (11% discount) regularly. Time to switch to Esso! Woot!!! [drivingcar]

esso mastercard 17% lor

esso mastercard 17% lor

Esso mastercard will give back 5% cash back? Else think citi divid still better as on site 14% and you will still ve cash back of 5%.

Just checked. Citi divid at esso give 14% off at counter and with 5% cash back. This will give 19% without taking into consideration of the smile points yet.

for everyone's benefit, smiles points is about the equivalent discount of:

$30/750L=$30/$1500 (approx)=0.02=2%

↡ Advertisement