Free parking for 3 months

Windchoco

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

$270 is honestly not alot for the safety of the car, why bother putting the car in a ulu & unprotected place where you can't see it.

Or your friend could lend the car to a trusted friend for $270 for 3mths, I'm sure the friend would be grateful for such a AMAZING rate.

Edited by Nicholasl

Hi there,

Any place in Singapore where we can just dump the car there for 3 months without paying season parking? Fren of mine just got license suspended for 3 months.. Thinking of just parking the car somewhere for free during this period, save the 270 bucks... I can only think of National Parks.. Anywhere else?

What else could be done? Maybe renting the vehicle out during this time? At least can get back some $ for loan right?

Any suggestions welcome..

mind sharing what car is your friend driving?

Turbocharged

it's true. Only S$270 maximum for MSCP and it is sheltered.

why bother to go thru all these hassel?

If not, later have to pay for more ding and dang, lost of car parts.

And also required car polishing .

Come back to square 1

1 thing I would like to point out, is that when u leave a car there for 3 months.. its not just the $270 lost.

Parking : 3 x 90 = 270

Insurance : 3/12 x 1500 = 375

Road tax : 3/6 x 300 = 150

Loan (e.g. 400) 400 x 3 = 1200

Total : $1995, or $665/mth

From this thread, I was in fact quite surprised to find that many ppl are actually looking to rent cars, which i myself also think is the best way to solve this problem... Unfortunately there is no legal way to do this, and the 1 on the losing end is always the car owner should anything wrong happen.

Anyway, fren was now asked to goto driving centre to take a course, after that the suspended period maybe reduced.

turf city is best bet

but no guarantee car still there after 1 wk

some dealer will probably change vocation to stealer at night

I though they clamp vehicles that park overnight? There's a signboard at the front that says so.

Turbocharged

1 thing I would like to point out, is that when u leave a car there for 3 months.. its not just the $270 lost.

Parking : 3 x 90 = 270

Insurance : 3/12 x 1500 = 375

Road tax : 3/6 x 300 = 150

Loan (e.g. 400) 400 x 3 = 1200

Total : $1995, or $665/mth.

alamak! how can u lump all the sum (insurance + road tax + loan) together?

this is already fixed. u cant do anything to it unless you rent it out to cover the amount.

alamak! how can u lump all the sum (insurance + road tax + loan) together?

this is already fixed. u cant do anything to it unless you rent it out to cover the amount.

Just calculating total loss only.... cannot see doesnt mean u don't lose anything.

We, as car owners pay all these bcos we want to have the convenience of a car. So if you can't have that convenience, that means u are paying for nothing, which is a loss... lol..

heeyaaa... no licence no mean cannot drive wut... dumb dumb... got a friend who bot his car 6 months before he got his driving licence... *dun ask, long story, something to do with unable to convert m'sia drv licence over etc etc*

as long as... no speed, no offence, no accident, better drive left lane and road hog and avoid proximity with huge vehicles... *tsk tsk tsk*...

Neutral Newbie

In my opinion,

If he can afford to speed everytime,

im sure he can afford to pay 3month parking.

Its much worth it, if u park it illegally and mount up summons

which can be more than $270..

just my 2 cents,

↡ Advertisement