Switching to Chen Jin

Deividz

i am another satisfied Chen Jin customer. Slightly more expensive but offset by fantastic technical and customer service . Comes with bonus with eye candy too.

haha service is good to me too!

but prices wise i think still alright as rubber prices went up so much this year...

but eye candy? haha

↡ Advertisement

I am a happy Chen Jin customer too.

The lady in charge at Kaki Bukit (ex-Upp Serangoon branch) was flexible enough to allow me to buy 4 tyres (cheaper package price); change 2 first, then 2 later after 10k due to my requirements.

yea i totally with you on this!

the lady is a very nice person..

patient and accomodate to the customers..

confirm ah?

but sgcarmart still shows that branches as serangoon and kaki bukit leh..

think i better give them a call before i go for my rotation..

Yes confirmed.

I went to Upp Serangoon branch a few weeks ago to do tyre rotation.

They were packing up for the move, so I didn't get to do the rotation.

Then I went to Kaki Bukit branch just a few days ago.

Now, they even have a hi-tech wheel alignment machine, which they did not have at Upp Serangoon.

i am another satisfied Chen Jin customer. Slightly more expensive but offset by fantastic technical and customer service . Comes with bonus with eye candy too.

Go there and beo the daughter right [:p]

haha service is good to me too!

but prices wise i think still alright as rubber prices went up so much this year...

but eye candy? haha

Chen Jin might not be the cheapest, and you should always shop around.

Last time I bought Wide Oval, CJ quote me the cheapest however.

Eng Wah quote was slightly more expensive and also very difficult to park there due to limited space.

I avoid PH due to complains about the "fast" and slipshod job.

They damaged my fren's bodykit and sometimes they don't balanced the wheels properly.

So cheap also has its price.

Chen Jin might not be the cheapest, and you should always shop around.

Last time I bought Wide Oval, CJ quote me the cheapest however.

Eng Wah quote was slightly more expensive and also very difficult to park there due to limited space.

I avoid PH due to complains about the "fast" and slipshod job.

They damaged my fren's bodykit and sometimes they don't balanced the wheels properly.

So cheap also has its price.

swore off them due to my personal experience with them too.. i'd rather pay a bit more to get peice of mind and quality and associated costs to rectify a fault that shouldnt happen in the first place.

Yes confirmed.

I went to Upp Serangoon branch a few weeks ago to do tyre rotation.

They were packing up for the move, so I didn't get to do the rotation.

Then I went to Kaki Bukit branch just a few days ago.

Now, they even have a hi-tech wheel alignment machine, which they did not have at Upp Serangoon.

wah..thats good to know! now can rotate and do wheel alignment together..

but is computerised alignment there?

any idea of the cost?

Neutral Newbie

am using DNA dB for front, Aspec for rear....going to change this weekend most likely as wet weather are more frequent nowadays....

current profile: 195/60/15 for all 4..

may want to change to 195/45/15 or 195/50/15.....wats the lowest profile avail for 15"?

what would be a gd upgrade or similar performance?.....i like dB's noise level and performance....

am looking at the below options currently:

Michelin PS3

Toyo T1R

Yoko dB

Yoko S.drive

appreciate all inputs... :D

Edited by Hpv500

wah..thats good to know! now can rotate and do wheel alignment together..

but is computerised alignment there?

any idea of the cost?

It's computerised alignment.

They gave me half-price, I think $40. :D

very obvious lah... those who have perfect feedback r mostly newbies with less than 500 post....

hmm...online forum information is quite subjective i guess..

how much to believe in what people say in online forum are at your own discretion ba..

cause nowadays internet can find so much info on a particular stuff..

people usually surf around too before making a decision on what they want...

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

What car are you driving? Your intention to switch from profile 195/60/15 to 195/50/15 is quite a lot and would affect the speedo reading and maybe the performance of your ride. Unless you are hopping over to 205/60-16.

am using DNA dB for front, Aspec for rear....going to change this weekend most likely as wet weather are more frequent nowadays....

current profile: 195/60/15 for all 4..

may want to change to 195/45/15 or 195/50/15.....wats the lowest profile avail for 15"?

what would be a gd upgrade or similar performance?.....i like dB's noise level and performance....

am looking at the below options currently:

Michelin PS3

Toyo T1R

Yoko dB

Yoko S.drive

appreciate all inputs... :D

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

What car are you driving? Your intention to switch from profile 195/60/15 to 195/50/15 is quite a lot and would affect the speedo reading and maybe the performance of your ride. Unless you are hopping over to 205/60-16.

currently lowered on stock....intending to go lower thus wanting to change the tyre profile

wat would be the effect after changing to lower profile?....less comfort i believe...

Edited by Hpv500

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

You can use the following to check:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Basically, if our stock is 195/60-15 and you intent to lower the profile, upgrade the rim so your vehile height and speedo is not affected. If you just down size the profile with the same rim, then not only the speedo, but the ride comfort also would be compromised, Worst is the under-carriage may be sacrificed [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

You can use the following to check:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Basically, if our stock is 195/60-15 and you intent to lower the profile, upgrade the rim so your vehile height and speedo is not affected. If you just down size the profile with the same rim, then not only the speedo, but the ride comfort also would be compromised, Worst is the under-carriage may be sacrificed [bigcry]

thanks for the link....my stock rim size is actually 13"...i'm on 15" now...not intending to change rim as the current one has satisfied my flushed offset....speedo & undercarriage not my main concern for now....oni thing is the safety of the 15" tyres....from 60 to 50...any new danger i shld know of?

eh... i didnt change my tyre at cheng jin... but i called to asked for some tyre price... to me the price is still ok.. not ex.. but not the cheapest...

but i would just like to comment on their service.. i called and a lady picked up.. she patiently answer all my question and even gave recommendation and suggestion which i think its really very good... she didnt recommend a more ex tyre, but a cheaper tyre that suits my needs more...

all i can say is from that phone call, i would buy tyres from them IF they carry the brand i wanted... but still nice services...

PS: i have more than 500 word count and its just my own opinion... nowadays not alot owner will be patient enough to understand your needs and recommend u..

↡ Advertisement