Switching to Chen Jin

Deividz

Guest EverestLeasing
Neutral Newbie

Hmmm....

You referring to this Chen Jin?

I see that they have no comments so far.

Any other brothers have been there before?

The other day, my friend recommend me to Kim Hoe to change tyre.

Then when I searched, there were 2 Kim Hoe around. So until now, still haven change my tyre, cos dunnoe which one to go.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?RPG=10...LOC=A&CAT=0

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm....

Then when I searched, there were 2 Kim Hoe around. So until now, still haven change my tyre, cos dunnoe which one to go.

Yes, this Chen Jin. Bro read this thread. The reason I went dwn to Chen Jin was oso becos of the feedback frm tis thread. And its true. They are good.

And I got free wheel rotation for every 10,000km.

Edited by 2bfree

Neutral Newbie

Hmmm....

i've been there before as well after reading up some of the feedbacks from fjc.

i decided to try them cos those popular tyres shops are always packed with pple.

chenjin is quite okay, friendly boss, price wise quite reasonable... services is quite good ... so far have went back for tyres rotation they dun even check if you're a previous customer lol... i've been to soh bros before also, the service down there is quite good also... but amk that area is very congested esp if u look over at ph side, always no place to park... reach liao also dunno park where, abit headache.

i prefer somewhere like not so crowded, services comparable, pricing wise comparable, as long dun chop carrot head i'm okay. if i were to change my next set of tyres, i believe i'll still go back to chenjin. [grin]

personally i do not have good experience their and price arent cheap too.... [thumbsdown]

Agreed!! Friendly ? Free wheel rotation ? Try it without do balancing.

I want to get from them particular tyres which they are out of stock ATM and I told them that I can wait but what I get is they keep pushing me to go for others brand which is out of my list. Not even try to check when the stock will arrived.

Keep telling me which shops are cheating ppls. Sound like all others shop are unreliable.

Maybe just only me encounter this but they are surely not my cup of tea!

One more things, I do notice some new registered forummers keep promote this shop instead.

Edited by Maxtune

Neutral Newbie

no wheel balancing for new rubbers installed ?? this is a must for new tyre change.

Believed ADs do provide wheel rotation during 10,000km servicing. so for those who sent their cars back to AD, better check with them b4 you rotate. otherwise it defeat the purpose.

no wheel balancing for new rubbers installed ?? this is a must for new tyre change.

Believed ADs do provide wheel rotation during 10,000km servicing. so for those who sent their cars back to AD, better check with them b4 you rotate. otherwise it defeat the purpose.

I mean the 10K free wheel rotation

Btw don't feel hard if you ppls r happy with them.

Went to the woodlands branch today, no queue at all. Changed rims and tires on the spot. There IS wheel balancing for new rubbers. I don't think anyone actually can install new tires without balancing. Free unlimited tyre rotation every 10k. Got free air freshener as i changed to Yoko, free iced cold mineral water while waiting for installation of tires. With my scratched/kerb rashes rim, i think the trade in price is acceptable. The price for tires definitely competitive, depends on the brand too.

When ADs provide wheel rotation, they charge you for it, at least that's what See n See does.

I am very happy with their level of service, service at a comfortable zone. With go back to them for next set of tires.

Edited by Iygnaug

Neutral Newbie

i went there c c look look last week.

the worker was quite friendly and price was competitive, comparing with others generally.

I would love to deal with such people too.

customer oriented is more important than price, sometimes......

Neutral Newbie

I want to get from them particular tyres which they are out of stock ATM and I told them that I can wait but what I get is they keep pushing me to go for others brand which is out of my list. Not even try to check when the stock will arrived.

Keep telling me which shops are cheating ppls. Sound like all others shop are unreliable.

Maybe just only me encounter this but they are surely not my cup of tea!

One more things, I do notice some new registered forummers keep promote this shop instead.

Had the same experience when i visited them last month.

I visited them after reading the good comments in this thread. I went there looking for a specific set of Goodyear tyres, since they have a big "Goodyear Eagle Store" signboard in front of the store i asssumed they would have a good range of Goodyear tyres. They didn't have the size i wanted in the store and didn't bother to check with supplier, instead they kept pushing me a set of Bridgestone in the store. I told them repeatedly that I am only looking for the specific set of tyres but they were quite persistant in pushing the Bridgestone. Eventually I told them nicely that I do not want those Bridgestone and i will shop around first.

Then when I was about to drive off the guy ran out of the store and started pushing another set of tyres... this time its a set of yoko tyres. I politely declined and drove off.

After leaving chenjin I went to Soh Bros and told Frankie what I was looking for, he immediately made a few calls and quoted me the price. I went back the next day and had the tyres changed.

I'm not saying that chenjin is not good. Those guys in the shop are friendly, but the problem is they don't listen to what the customer wants and try too hard to push whatever tyres they have in the store instead of sourcing for what the customer is looking for.

Neutral Newbie

Just wanna relate my recent experience (abt 1 mth ago) while shopping for new rims/rubber for my new car.

Went to PH, gotten a quotation which is acceptable to me. But still I wanna shop around, cross over to SB, the boss just tell the price (matching PH) and here are the rims, then he walk off liao. I was like "huh?", then I also walked off lor .. did not change on that day. next 2 days checked some tyre shops in sin ming autocare and a few others posted in several forums, prices all almost double what PH/SB quoted [thumbsdown]

So after 5 days of hunting, I went back to PH. They still have the never reply sms/return call nonsense, but for the price I am still ok lor ... SB's attitude is abit not to my liking leh [shakehead] But maybe next yr when my other MPV rubber is due for replacement, will try SB.

For my case PH gave the best price among all quotation I've gotten, maybe I did not search thorough enough, but good enough for me to fix up and start enjoying [thumbsup]

My friend went to change goodyr F1 tyres with SB, w/o even bargain [flowerface] So I guess to each of its own .. some prefer this shop, some like that shop better. As for Chen Jin, will check them out sometime when my tyres are due or when my colleague needing new rubber. If price is comparable with PH/SB, I can take abit of the nonsense [laugh]

Just wanna share my experience only. Don't mean to favour or dis-credit anyone. And I think I exist in this forum long enough, so I am not related to any of the above mentioned shops [angel]

Edited by Hungee

why never share interesting explanations huh ?

Just went to Chen Jin Trading and bought a new set of 15" Avanti Rims and Tyres. Boss gave me a very good price not only for the set but also for the trade in rims and tyres. I'm switching allegience from Soh and Po Hen to them from now on. They have very good prices for Eagle F1 and Kumho tyres. Recommended highly for good service too.

P.S I ask the boss why the 2 shops can offer such prices and got some interesting explainations.

Cheers

Chen Jin Trading

480 Upper Serangoon Road

Tel: 62823006

Went down today to their Woodlands Branch to get a new sets of rims and tyres for my blackie Honda Fit. Ah Cai is the one I dealed with. Very friendly and explaining to me which rims and tyres to take. After that decided to go for Enkei SC24, even though it's not the latest but I still like it without him pushing for other brands. Also got the Goodyear LS2000 Hybrid 205/45/16. Overall prices are somehow cheaper than some places, but of cos there will definitely be some who are cheaper. So it's all depend on you the buyer.

Service is quite fast, went there around 0940 then after thinking of which rims and tyres to get was already 1005.. sorry me a bit choosy. But everything completed around 1030 (until my wife asked me why so fast done).

As it's a new location, many might not be able to find it as some other buildings are coming up also.

Here's the reasons why I choose Chen Jin @ Woodlands:

1. It's near to my house which only require 4 mins to reach there;

2. Good service by Ah Cai and another mechanic - friendly and will explain everything to you;

3. As the price is within my budget range, I have no issue on that (if you want to commit to a car, then you must be prepared to spend and not save. If wanna save, then might as well take public transport) No offence

4. This is most important to them, I'm happy and satisfied with their sales and services. So I will recommend my neighbours and relatives to them, as they are staying at Woodlands too.

PS: Thanks to Ah Cai and his family and the mechanic (forgot to ask his name).. Thanks for the good services and drink also.

Edited by Varastormer

Neutral Newbie

got my first set of tyres from them, used to find them overall quite good as I go back for free rotation every 10k. but recently I find their pricing is getting more ex and I realized they like to push certain brands of tyres to customers. be sure to get quotes from a few tyres shop before gg to them so that u roughly know the market price.. there are lots of good tyres shop out there as well.. and alot provide free rotation/balancing as well..

Just went to chenjin... change a new set of advanti rim.. finally found what i like there and the customer service is very good. even though there are 3 cars waiting to change their rims and tires too but the wait is worth it! will go there to purchase from them once my tyres wear out..

↡ Advertisement