Switching to Chen Jin

Deividz

Just went to chenjin... change a new set of advanti rim.. finally found what i like there and the customer service is very good. even though there are 3 cars waiting to change their rims and tires too but the wait is worth it! will go there to purchase from them once my tyres wear out..

how much for the rims?

Neutral Newbie

Just wanna relate my recent experience (abt 1 mth ago) while shopping for new rims/rubber for my new car.

Went to PH, gotten a quotation which is acceptable to me. But still I wanna shop around, cross over to SB, the boss just tell the price (matching PH) and here are the rims, then he walk off liao. I was like "huh?", then I also walked off lor .. did not change on that day. next 2 days checked some tyre shops in sin ming autocare and a few others posted in several forums, prices all almost double what PH/SB quoted [thumbsdown]

So after 5 days of hunting, I went back to PH. They still have the never reply sms/return call nonsense, but for the price I am still ok lor ... SB's attitude is abit not to my liking leh [shakehead] But maybe next yr when my other MPV rubber is due for replacement, will try SB.

For my case PH gave the best price among all quotation I've gotten, maybe I did not search thorough enough, but good enough for me to fix up and start enjoying [thumbsup]

My friend went to change goodyr F1 tyres with SB, w/o even bargain [flowerface] So I guess to each of its own .. some prefer this shop, some like that shop better. As for Chen Jin, will check them out sometime when my tyres are due or when my colleague needing new rubber. If price is comparable with PH/SB, I can take abit of the nonsense [laugh]

Just wanna share my experience only. Don't mean to favour or dis-credit anyone. And I think I exist in this forum long enough, so I am not related to any of the above mentioned shops [angel]

hi bro

same here. I used to think that PH offers the best price in the martket for tyres. Went to them for tyres replacement before few years back. Still rem them cos they offered the best among all. I also remembered I was asked to wait somewhere near PH as there were 4 cars queuing before me. Eventually, though there was savings, i spent more than 2hrs there even though I called to check before I drove over :(

when my tyre replacement was due last month, I did a check again with Justin. His price fluctuates every time :)

My colleagues who happened to know that my tyres are due for replacement asked me to try Motoguard and Kenda Tyres at Ubi. I was'st hopeful at all.

What surprise me is that Kenda offers me $40 lower than PH and best of all, once I made the appointment, i DO NOT have to wait/queue!!!

He did everything including balancing for me and all done in less than 1hr!

So next time, I know that apart from PH, i have another choice!

Edited by Xcalibur

for me, arrow tyres.

sin ming autocare.

jj, seepeh frenly guy... price wise very good

and 2 more graduates around the tyre shop, which is found damn amazing.

1 nus and 1 ntu ( my junior )

guess its their passion to start tyre shop.

I went recently to Chen Jin to trade in my 16" rims and tyres for 17" ones. I know wat rims and tyres i wan, so should b fast and easy. But found out price not tat cheap at all. Same goes to tyres. And they took in my rims and tyres for only $220 which have ZERO scratches watsoever. Tried to haggle but gave me a measely $20 discount more. I need to pay them $1280 after 'discount'.

Told them i wil go for makan 1st but instead i go to 2 other tyre shops. One of them at bedok and another at defu lane. End up i changed at defu lane. Firstly, the same rims and tyres as i wanted at Chen Jin were cheaper and they took my existing rims and tyres at $430.

I need to pay $1k after trade in. Same rims, same tyres as wat i wanted at the 1st place. Moral of the story, its always good to scout a few places before purchase cos u wil save quite a sum. Not to say Chen Jin is no good cos they too need to earn a living. I do not wan to name the 2 other shops cos ppl may tink im working for them. :ph34r:

Edited by SaNibOy

Neutral Newbie

I went recently to Chen Jin to trade in my 16" rims and tyres for 17" ones. I know wat rims and tyres i wan, so should b fast and easy. But found out price not tat cheap at all. Same goes to tyres. And they took in my rims and tyres for only $220 which have ZERO scratches watsoever. Tried to haggle but gave me a measely $20 discount more. I need to pay them $1280 after 'discount'.

Told them i wil go for makan 1st but instead i go to 2 other tyre shops. One of them at bedok and another at defu lane. End up i changed at defu lane. Firstly, the same rims and tyres as i wanted at Chen Jin were cheaper and they took my existing rims and tyres at $430.

I need to pay $1k after trade in. Same rims, same tyres as wat i wanted at the 1st place. Moral of the story, its always good to scout a few places before purchase cos u wil save quite a sum. Not to say Chen Jin is no good cos they too need to earn a living. I do not wan to name the 2 other shops cos ppl may tink im working for them. :ph34r:

Ya, i truly agree that we have to scout around to get the best and reasonable deal. I used to buy from the shop mentioned many years ago and the service was good with good trade in for used rims and tires.

Recently i changed my ride and went back to the shop, hoping that they will have the same good service attitude. Sad to say i dont feel good at all, and the price quoted was ex...similarly, the trade in for the rims and tires were only $200. To me its like they were very eager for closing business coz alot of hard selling though...pushing many rims to me and see.

I left and went to 3 other shops and finally get it from one shop at Bendemeer. Good service, reasonable price and the trade in for my rims and tires were $400 instead....

My frien jus changed his tyres n rims there.. Must say their price is reasonable and the serivce is pretty good... Definitely a better alternative than PH... [:p] However can expect abit of hard selling though hehe

Edited by Cichildae

Neutral Newbie

Hi, new to forum doesn't mean new to car. Share my bad experiences at PH. Had a big dent at my tyre as a result of mounting kerb during cny. PH advertised many 2nd rims and I am interested to change. SMS PH and he replied me in the morning.

He called me personally and I was quite happy so I went down in the morning (17 Feb) . Reached there, son was not there and was packed. Father not sure what 2nd rim son had posted online. Waited for 20mins and so called me again and asked me to wait for him. More cars arrived and I asked father to quote me tyre only. 215/45/R18. Was surprised that it was $200 more expensive then what I got.

NVM, waited for almost 1hr, son still not there yet. Father also dun bother to serve me. Wa liao, wasted my 1.5hr there waiting for nothing! If cannot come, then why fix appointment with me? Maybe $2K-$3K is nothing to them.

In the end , went to a big tyre shop and get whole set changed. Great service and do not have to wait. Professional service as well. Will not go back to PH anymore...very bad experience. I do not think you can save that much there ..... just my personal view.

One friendly tyre store uncle at Sin Ming told me "All the good reviews online for PH are posted by their own people, while all the flames and bad reviews are the true ones"... lol

Their service and workmanship has really deteriorated, but I guess they have enough mass market to survive.