Good TV Tuner for PC - Any recommendation?

Guyver

Dear all,

Just would like to find out what are the not bad TV Tuner card that anyone is using here.

I found this one on HWZ .... AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX usb tv tuner .... anybody here use this also?

↡ Advertisement

Dear all,

Just would like to find out what are the not bad TV Tuner card that anyone is using here.

I found this one on HWZ .... AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX usb tv tuner .... anybody here use this also?

bro, unless u want to save space, otherwise, would advise u not to use those TV tuner card, better to get a separate unit of portable TV with DVD. Cost less than $200. I bot an external TV tuner for my PC few yrs back but the quality sucks. Took more a few months to sell it off at 1/2 price...

Turbocharged

not sure about those usb type but so far, i tried 2 PCI type and the quality is good.... analog type and not digital, btw.... first one is pinnacle brand... spoil after 4yrs+, then now on windfast .. happy with the quality.... :)

bro, unless u want to save space, otherwise, would advise u not to use those TV tuner card, better to get a separate unit of portable TV with DVD. Cost less than $200. I bot an external TV tuner for my PC few yrs back but the quality sucks. Took more a few months to sell it off at 1/2 price...

Frankly .... think it'll be even better to get a separate TV altogether.

Anyway .... what I like about having TV Tuner card in the PC is that one could just set the time and date and record the show we wanna watch.

Then after watching .... can save it or just delete it.

I got my PCI card type pinnacle brand TV tuner card since 2002... Its still working... I've used it on 3 desktops already. Still going strong. [thumbsup]

I got my PCI card type pinnacle brand TV tuner card since 2002... Its still working... I've used it on 3 desktops already. Still going strong. [thumbsup]

I believe you are using Pinnacle PCTV PCI card right?

I am currently using this card also .... but got some problem ... when I watch show the volume will fluctuate from loud to soft .... then soft to loud.

Yup, but I dun have the volume fluctuation issue... Only issue is the display is dim....

Anyway I resolved this issue by creating and using another Windows user account. Problem resolved. [:p]

I bet U already re-install the software? Maybe wanna try creating another user account in windows and try?? maybe lucky. [:p]

Hi bro, you will not go wrong with Avermedia Volar HX. I'm using it and the quality is good. The feature is much better than the rest. You can even feed in your own composite for recording and also got remote control for it. The temperature is not that hot. The tech support on their website also very good. But must warn you that currently all Netbook cannot run HD well if you wanna see HD5 channel. It will be jerky.

Hi bro, you will not go wrong with Avermedia Volar HX. I'm using it and the quality is good. The feature is much better than the rest. You can even feed in your own composite for recording and also got remote control for it. The temperature is not that hot. The tech support on their website also very good. But must warn you that currently all Netbook cannot run HD well if you wanna see HD5 channel. It will be jerky.

So this is a PCI card or external device plugged into USB?

How much did you get it for?

How much is tat? Does sls sell it?

i have been using Avermedia for the past half a year...the PCI card type...cost less then SGD60...come with remote control....my reason for getting it is same as your...since my com is always on....why not just use it to watch TV as well....so far [thumbsup] worth the SGD60...

↡ Advertisement