How can I solve rusty car problem

Mustank

i got a crash on the side of my musso pig karp

i am not intending to send to knock back and respray.......i mean who would want to do so considering it is a pig karp

problem is that the crash part got one portion of the size of a handphone size which is rusty

I scared the rust eat inside, then mustank

↡ Advertisement

i got a crash on the side of my musso pig karp

i am not intending to send to knock back and respray.......i mean who would want to do so considering it is a pig karp

problem is that the crash part got one portion of the size of a handphone size which is rusty

I scared the rust eat inside, then mustank

Neutral Newbie

I was told there are products call rust converter around the cost of 10 bucks. What this thing does is if you spray it on the rust, it oxide the rust in 10 mins (look like dull grey metal). After which paint it.

If your crash involve deep scratches on that rusted area, it must be fill with the metal putty. The surface must be level inorder for the paint to stay, sharp edges/corners will cause the paint to peel no matter how good the paint is. IMO send to a workshop to have it done properly.

Yes, for a cheap & quick fix, this rust convertor thing is the best way to go. But only if the rust is on the surface and hasn't yet eaten into the metal...

i am lucky it is not so bad, it is just that the paint came off and the metal is exposed....i heck care a month and the rust came [sweatdrop]

my dad say i am lucky that my home and office's carpark is sheltered....if not i hin (faintz :wacko::wacko:) already

Thanks Bro!

Does hardware shops like homefix have rust converter?

most DIY shop should have [nod]

i am lucky it is not so bad, it is just that the paint came off and the metal is exposed....i heck care a month and the rust came [sweatdrop]

You still need to wash your car and drive on raining days.