HK Polis use lowlee & teksi to stop racerboys

Mustank

[sweatdrop]http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207877,00.html? [sweatdrop]

i recall very long ago there was this HK show whereby a hk polisman was killed in a roadblock because racerboy did not stop. Frustrated by failed prosecution in court, they decided to use a trailer to roadblock the racerboy. Racerboy crash into trailer.

↡ Advertisement

like a scene from supercop..in one episode, jackie chan got demoted to be traffic cop

sounds like a wrong hasty decision made on the spot..who's liable to pay for the damages to the cabs etc

I know about this in ch5 news 2 days back..they saying that Police conducting road block when suddenly the racers hit them from behind..some managed squueze thru, some uturned back...even got graphic to show..

racerboys usually drive a very fast sports car.....the only way to protect oneself is to drive a truck like mine......racerboys don like trucks because they are slow and hardy

(edited)

"Mr Kwok accused the police of being rash in carrying out the operation without proper planning, endangering their lives in the process.

'How can they use us as human sandbags?' he said.

Mr Kwok, who has been a cabby for more than 30years, said that it would cost about HK$7,000 ($1,320) to repair his taxi.

'But money can always be earned back. Lives taken cannot be returned,' he said.

Hong Kong police have apologised for the roadblock fiasco, and said preliminary investigations showed that they had made mistakes when planning and conducting the operation."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't be too happy if the police use my car as a road block and I had to sit in it as it got smashed!

How dumb can the police commander be!

Only the British can think! The UK police will stop chasing a car if the driver is speeding in a residential areas where people are on the streets.

Better to let the driver go than an innocent person esp a child gets knocked down. Can always go to the house of the car owner later.

British Gen Mike Jackson refused to attack the airport in Serbia where Russian soldiers were stationed as this would have dragged Russia into the fight

and possibly start world war 3.

He disobeyed the Supreme Nato Commander Gen Wesley Clark. Any other general would have blindly followed orders without realising the consequences.

The taxi driver should have simply refused to put his car n body in the way of mad racers.

If its a stupid request from anyone, police, Nato commander, bosses etc just refuse! Esp when u can lose limbs or die!

Edited by Jamesc

Turbocharged

"Mr Kwok accused the police of being rash in carrying out the operation without proper planning, endangering their lives in the process.

'How can they use us as human sandbags?' he said.

Mr Kwok, who has been a cabby for more than 30years, said that it would cost about HK$7,000 ($1,320) to repair his taxi.

'But money can always be earned back. Lives taken cannot be returned,' he said.

Hong Kong police have apologised for the roadblock fiasco, and said preliminary investigations showed that they had made mistakes when planning and conducting the operation."

off topic abit...

smashed several times, expected repair cost only $1320...

so is their cost low or ours over-inflated? [sly][sly]

don worry about off topic [grouphug] i am very easy going [grouphug]

maybe the major crashes were inflicted on the lowlees which were behind and the teksi lau was in front of the lowlees.....so the lowlees bore the brunt of the damages [idea]

Supercharged

like a scene from supercop..in one episode, jackie chan got demoted to be traffic cop

sounds like a wrong hasty decision made on the spot..who's liable to pay for the damages to the cabs etc

well, at least the police do think out of the box.....

well, at least the police do think out of the box.....

I would like to think this won't happen in singapore..

imagine, what would you do if you get stopped by the police

"you, stop your vehicle across this lane now..3 WRXs are racing towards us now..do it"

I would be like..wtf..no can do unless it can save someone's life [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

personally i wouldnt mind as i am confident that my pigkarp has enough damage capacity to take a sports car coming from the rear....only the rear.....

but if he says 3 trucks are speeding towards us now, i will tell him he [hur] ar..........and get the hell out of here [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

manz, if it is run away leopard tank, nothing, aboslutely nothing can stop it man [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

you just got to wait till the guy runs out of diesel :wacko: , then use petrol bomb to fry his arse out [pirate]

[sweatdrop]http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207877,00.html? [sweatdrop]

i recall very long ago there was this HK show whereby a hk polisman was killed in a roadblock because racerboy did not stop. Frustrated by failed prosecution in court, they decided to use a trailer to roadblock the racerboy. Racerboy crash into trailer.

Not exactly effective way to stop racers. Putting other ppl's cars and lives at stake to stop such racers are totally not worth it.

↡ Advertisement