Car Battery - Singapore or Malaysia?

Firespitter

Neutral Newbie

u can find one in singapore for $90...u try this caltex petrol kiosk along upper thomson road...opposite sembawang hill food centre..

$90..n u can rest assured that you won't be killed in johor....!!

Neutral Newbie

i just changed mine battery to YUASA 46B24L-MF 45AH@$110 at the marine parade South East Tyre www.setyre.com it has indicator also

I bought a Global MF battery (Made in Korea) from Eng Wah for $90 for my Optra.

Now >1 year & still going strong. Not sure abt the Ah but think its 55ah. CCA is 300 plus I think.

Supposed to b OEM for Optra but I not sure cos I tot Chevy use AC delco battery?

Neutral Newbie

u can find one in singapore for $90...u try this caltex petrol kiosk along upper thomson road...opposite sembawang hill food centre..

$90..n u can rest assured that you won't be killed in johor....!!

wats the specs for the $90 batt? MF? ah? brand?

Neutral Newbie

Jus For Your Info

Varta - made in china

SP - made in china

volta - made in arab

bosch/GP/global/hyundai/indigo/solite - made in korea

amaron- made in india

usually u can see the similarity in the design of the battery if it comes out from the same factory..jus diff brand..

=================

Thats the trouble with buying stuff in MY. If u dont know them, most likely they wil sell u crap.

Although I go JB every week, I never get anything done to my car there. Only wash & petrol I trust. [laugh]

Just to add. My fren got his Stream brake pads changed there at a Mobil station. Although the pads had all the Honda logos & looked very real, they turned out to b imitation. Strange but he had it re-done here at my regular WS in SG & the cost was lower & all "real" stuff.

So dont think JB ws is cheap & good. Most r crooks. :ph34r:[knife] and after u get the TOTAL bill, u might find a good ws in SG wud have been cheaper n better.

This is pretty true. Car parts and accessories may not always be cheaper in JB. Particularly those high end stuff where demand are much less there hence the high price and the urge for them to sell you recon/imitation at orginal's price.

However, battery are really cheaper there and many brands you don't get to see in SG [laugh]. Servcing can be done at RM15 if you bring your engine oil & oil filter, quite standard.

Regards,

SP is dead...always spoil..tats why many place dun sell anymore...XD

===============

IMHO mostly anything that comes from China is CRAP.

Only stuff that is tried & tested by a reliable fren who know his stuff & recommended to me I wil consider buying if its MADE IN CHINA.

Jus For Your Info

Varta - made in china

SP - made in china

volta - made in arab

bosch/GP/global/hyundai/indigo/solite - made in korea

amaron- made in india

usually u can see the similarity in the design of the battery if it comes out from the same factory..jus diff brand..

===============

Im so happy I bought a Global MF battery. Now abt 1.5 years & still going strong. [thumbsup]

wats the specs for the $90 batt? MF? ah? brand?

==========

I got my Global MF battery (Made in Korea) for $90 from Eng Wah at T Payoh ave 8.

1.5 years & still good. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

===============

IMHO mostly anything that comes from China is CRAP.

I totally disagree, china mei mei is not crap better than our sinkapore princesses tats really CRAP ...

↡ Advertisement