Car Battery - Singapore or Malaysia?

Firespitter

Neutral Newbie

I totally disagree, china mei mei is not crap better than our sinkapore princesses tats really CRAP ...

Ya, wait till they cheat all your money then see who is better. Then again, maybe it's better to be cheated than not at all! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

i usually call AA (Automobile Association of Singapore) to change my car battery.

Got a bad experience last time cos the battery shop along balestier charges me $120 ,

I joined AA member for abt $50 a year for peace of mind and for the unlimted free-towing cos one time my old car dead and i called a tow truck charges me $70 for towing. He said is 11pm so $70 so i lan lan paid him.

AA drive a mini AA van comes to my place to change battery for me.

I remembered the last time i changed my battery for my toyota saloon 1.5 is about $70 or 60+ ,can't remember and they accept VISA card payment on the spot.

Edited by N0freelunch

I totally disagree, china mei mei is not crap better than our sinkapore princesses tats really CRAP ...

==============

China mei mei is not my taste. Some of my frens tell me their service is lousy. [shakehead] Once they take your $$$ they totally loose interest & ask u to hurry up. [thumbsdown]

Jus For Your Info

Varta - made in china

SP - made in china

volta - made in arab

bosch/GP/global/hyundai/indigo/solite - made in korea

amaron- made in india

usually u can see the similarity in the design of the battery if it comes out from the same factory..jus diff brand..

hoppecke?

I think its Thailand or Indonesia. HOPPECKE TENAX no longer come from Germany as usual, by our Ah Beng businessmen mentality : buy cheap, sell expensive still applies.

Neutral Newbie

when i compare prices from SG n MY, i still think MY battery r cheaper.

they r going around rm185 for a bosch batt n rm220 for local made. 60AH if i;m not wrong.

has been asking around SG tt one batery about 100+

my car is 20mths n the battery is showing some sign of weaking. want to save some $$ thus still waiting for it to breakdown fully b4 changing.

I think its Thailand or Indonesia. HOPPECKE TENAX no longer come from Germany as usual, by our Ah Beng businessmen mentality : buy cheap, sell expensive still applies.

well, everyone is out to make money.. even charity

but so far, varta and hoppecke work well

brand GLOBAL is avail here n over boleh land, tink its cheaper over there. for ref...mi paid RM$185 for a 45AH. not too sure abt price here thou

battery talks become mei mei talks ..haha

Both share the same role is to provide you the starter job [bounce1]

so now we are discussing about which brand can last longer [thumbsup]

China/Malaysia/India/Thailand etc

Japan one to expensive so no body ask [sweatdrop]

anyway from all the infossss

to me all Prices came with different package like

brand/origin/location/timing/organisation/workmanship/aftersale service/payment type dont foget about diff car uses diff spec.

so be aware off Apple/orange also some private label

sometime the life span also depending on Luck too.

1 thing for sure in neighbouring country they most likely know that you(SIN) wont go back to them for any defects and complaint and is not worht the trouble too had a friend went there to changed his car lower arm endup both parts are for RH which suppose to be 1 LH 1 RH he called them from Sin and they said could be their part supplier give wrong type [sweatdrop] (so blame the part company)

but they have forgotten a experient Mechanic should know how the hell the wrong side can put in, so the local mechanic said can be done BY FORCE.

TO them once the car is lifted up there, no parts sure kena Screw? (will you be so kind that ok la put back to OLD one i came back othertime?)

to be honest our cars here are mostly not sold there so what can you expect them to carry thoses parts waiting for you to come?

IMitation parts is common there,our law are strict and we have CASE here to help you if your are Cheated but not Pricing(every company carry diff operation cost)

when i compare prices from SG n MY, i still think MY battery r cheaper.

they r going around rm185 for a bosch batt n rm220 for local made. 60AH if i;m not wrong.

has been asking around SG tt one batery about 100+

my car is 20mths n the battery is showing some sign of weaking. want to save some $$ thus still waiting for it to breakdown fully b4 changing.

i dont want to shock you but its a universal fact that many mechanic and car shops in malaysia sell you "USED" car battery and claim as NEW. Many malaysian car owners will change car batteries often esp when they use the NS highway often. Therefore they dont give chance.

Then those shops will take in USED batteries and sell to Singaporean, ESP and in particular Singaporean drivers.

err...if one can afford a car in SG, and so willingly to pay monthly installments to the financial company, then why so "cat" when comes to spend on battery and tyres??? these items can last you at least 1 yr or more, and if to calculate the cost is less than your monthly installment if to break down....if really cannot afford such items then why bother to buy and own a car??? what a joke, man!!!!!

Neutral Newbie

Just happen to see this thread so I decided to share my experience recently.

I had recently got my battery changed for my Toyota Axio after 2 years of driving.

So being a calculative driver, i went to few workshop to ask around for battery price.

Mine was using 55B24L or NS60L, most of the places selling Amaron is about $110-120 range warranty for 6 month.

In the end i went back to my usual Shell Auto Serve at Yishun which offer me a value for money battery, the brand is Trane, made in Thailand which offers 1 year warranty, 45amp with higer CCA 520 compared to Amaron 360 CCA, and is selling at $90

Maybe if you people want to change battery can try this out, you can also mentioned Ah Yeo recomendation to get special discount.

Just something to share... [thumbsup]

i usually call AA (Automobile Association of Singapore) to change my car battery.

Got a bad experience last time cos the battery shop along balestier charges me $120 ,

I joined AA member for abt $50 a year for peace of mind and for the unlimted free-towing cos one time my old car dead and i called a tow truck charges me $70 for towing. He said is 11pm so $70 so i lan lan paid him.

AA drive a mini AA van comes to my place to change battery for me.

I remembered the last time i changed my battery for my toyota saloon 1.5 is about $70 or 60+ ,can't remember and they accept VISA card payment on the spot.

Wow, too bad I didnt see your post. My battery flat yesterday. So today call Shell autoservicing and jsut paid them $171 for coming down to change my car battery:(

Jus For Your Info

Varta - made in china

SP - made in china

volta - made in arab

bosch/GP/global/hyundai/indigo/solite - made in korea

amaron- made in india

usually u can see the similarity in the design of the battery if it comes out from the same factory..jus diff brand..

Any idea is "Trans" a good brand? I am charge $140 exclude gst for this battery today.