Sonata Taxi versus Civic Type R (JDM)

Route88

goment everyday lecture ppl to save the earth, be "green", buy small cc car or even take BMW, but the taxi company which contribute 30% of car population here decided to upgrade their fleet with those big engine powerful taxi, nobody talk a word........

↡ Advertisement

most of these taxis are more than 10 sec in century sprint.

they only have good low-end torque,not suitable for racing in my opinion.

low-end torque is good for moving off especially with heavy loads,this does not equate to fast.

also good for overtaking on the expresway

Neutral Newbie

i think it is better to ask:

Q1. whose balls bigger?

Q2. who has more to lose?

A1. self-explainatory

A2. Taxi: fine, points, suspension of license, break ricebowl

Type R: Fine, points

*assuming did not exceed the speed limit till vehicle get impounded*

The thing that really impress me about the Superb is the road handling. The taxi lau wasn't really babying the taxi into the bend (as usual) but the car held the ground like it was on rails. i didn't feel myself even being nudged towards the periphery as i would otherwise expect. It is truly [thumbsup]

what do expect. it's a sedan car not a real taxi model like Toyota Crown it's design to be a taxi in the 1st place look at HK it also have the same model try the kind of speed with tat crown u see the driver skill more then anything.

if this is Europe countries that would have been some1 else daily car. it's the SG gov tat deduce tat diesel is dirty tat why we dun get that model as private car. else there will be a lot more diesel cars on the road.

for SG traffic diesel is the most suitable rather then petrol. even modern diesel is much power then petrol version.

I guess sonata teksi not so powderful as i tot

Maximum power = 148 bhp (110.4 kW) @ 3800 rpm

Specific output 75 bhp/litre

Maximum torque = 305.0 Nm (31.1 kgm) @ 1800-2500 rpm

Specific torque 153.2 Nm/litre

Kerb weight = 1660 kg, Power-to-weight 89.16 bhp/ton

0~100km/h = 10.7 sec , FC = 7.0L/100km (combined)

as per your spec, the answer is clearly

not doubt, Sonata Taxi will win over CTR in sprint, because super torque @1800-2500 rpm [thumbsup]

if talk about top speed, Sonata will smell CTR smoke [thumbsup]

0-100, may the sonata and superb may win...but 120km onward...wehn vtec kick in, they prepare to smell smoke

Neutral Newbie

0-100, may the sonata and superb may win...but 120km onward...wehn vtec kick in, they prepare to smell smoke

Bro you sound like you don't really know how the VTEC works. Also, if you're talking bout 120kmh onwards. The superb should still be pulling hard. If you ask me, I would say its the other way round. (CTR take superb 0-100kmh, superb catches up at higher speed)

Bro you sound like you don't really know how the VTEC works. Also, if you're talking bout 120kmh onwards. The superb should still be pulling hard. If you ask me, I would say its the other way round. (CTR take superb 0-100kmh, superb catches up at higher speed)

Read out Quantum n Route88's posts n u'll understand why Sonata will be a force at lower speeds n CTR will pull away at higher speeds. Sonata will run out of breath and gears as the speed piles up.

(edited)

Which car will win? Assuming 50/50 winding and straight roads

I think CTR, cos teksi got lousy tyres

Edited by Billcoke

Turbocharged

agree on the skoda cab's prowress..

i wunder wats the century sprint timing for it...

is it just me.... seems like sighting the skoda cab is becoming a rare sight nowadays.. is it cos they sprint/speed too much till license tiok gantung?

is it just me.... seems like sighting the skoda cab is becoming a rare sight nowadays.. is it cos they sprint/speed too much till license tiok gantung?

Nope, it appeared in the papers quite some time ago that due to the reliability problems with it, they decided to replace the skodas in phases.

I thought it was because traffic police who requested the silverarrow taxi company to phase out skoda because skodas are too powerful and have kia as replacement?

↡ Advertisement