Suzuki APV: What do you think of it?

Thermodynamics

What's the reason? Care to share?

In every aspect, the kia carens win APV hands down.

be it pricing (higher omv), comfort, trim, refinement, engine performance, fun etc etc

the kia carens is a complete car + MPV, Made in Korea vs Indonesia.

but yes, i do agree that the last row of kia carens is best suited for 1.65m adults.

↡ Advertisement

Just to ask .. any consideration for the upcoming Proton Exora ? also on 1.6l .. sld be easy on road tax also .. [rolleyes]

Not really. I would still prefer the APV due to its van's roots. And I am not comfortable of proton cars.

ln all fairness, I think it looks quite good on the outside. IMHO the best MPV to trick out VIP style.

From my test drive, it was alright, no worse than a new liteace, and newer vans etc with the engine under their seats don't get hot. Its a lil plasticky on the inside, but not a deal breaker for me.

For long term issues you would be better of getting feedback from pinoy car forums though.

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

I test drove the APV several times 2 years ago. At one stage, thinking of getting a 2nd and Weekend car. Since I'm going to use it on MY roads during weekend, it may not be as fast as I wanted it to be. Hence, I dropped the idea.

Spaciousness wise, it is very competent. Bascially, as good as a mini-bus. The air-con also works like a mini-bus. The engine is right below the driver seat. I find the seat warm, if you accelerate fast. Cornering is soft, due to high CG. In SG is ok, but want to use it to wander pass and around pot holes, bad road condition and APV unfriendly carpark in Boleh land then I will be worried [sweatdrop].

I don't quite like the look but the sheer space make me look past the look issue.

If you want the space and is someone who drives leisurely, APV may just be your choice.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

Can you all share what you know and hear about this ride please?

Does it come in manual?

It seems to suit my needs for an 8-seater and it is really spacious. Somehow I kinda like the van-like design. I don't need a F&F ride because I drive very slowly on the road. I like it's functionality and versatility.

I would love to hear your views.

Actually, I checked out this APV few months ago, but ended up with a Swift Sport manual.

Personally I find the APV's interior quite tastefully leathered, but didn't quite like the beige color scheme - which they told me is fixed, no other color schemes available. It is indeed spacious, but a few negative points changed my mind, and they are;

>> heavy, the vehicle is heavy - if you Google reviews on the APV you see why

>> the engine is under powered, 4 speed auto only, and pick up is really snail paced

>> height issue, problem entering a few shopping malls' carparks

>> Fuel Consumption high

Test driving it doesn't make me a buyer, I want to know long run sustainability. So based on the above factors, I say it is a no buy for me. I took the small speed demon and am happy till today. Of course, I do not have a need for so much space.

Is the height of APV an issue in MSCP here and in boleh land?

height is definately a issue. Even HDB old estate eg pasir ris is only 1.8meter.

if u need a 8 seater, why not consider a used trajet. FC abt same or better than APV, better drives and is cheap to run in term of maintenance and parts.....A used trajet is approx 4.2k per year...

swee2, u r correct.

lunch time in bt batok kopitiam, sharing table wit a bus cptn fr jaybee.

jz chit chat, oso askd him which models of buses the best?

he said safest is the double decker. [pirate]

i askd sure? its too tall, safe to corner wit passengers upstair ?

he said so far there is NO accident on double deckers buses here, very ruggerd design, good stability [thumbsup] upper deck strictly for seated pax.

he should be right as he drives buses almost everyday.

I test drove the APV a couple of years back. I was seriously looking at it and was close to signing on the dotted line. Reason for not doing so: the acceleration is really slow, I floored the accelrator but the vehicle hardly moved. This may cause the high FC. The plus side, APV can take RON92, has big boot space, big interior space, aircon for all 3 rows, cheap selling price and high ground clearance (APV needs that as Indonesian roads quite prone to floods). If you have a limited budget and need a people carrier, APV is a vehicle not to be missed. Carens is good but the selling price is about $10000 more than APV and isn't as spacious as the APV and of coz it is a 2L vehicle.

Turbocharged

I have witnessed a Daihatsu Hijet van caught fire on the expressway before.

I always have this worry that if the engine is directly under the driver seat and if it catches fire, the driver may not be able to run away in time.

I test drove the APV a couple of years back. I was seriously looking at it and was close to signing on the dotted line. Reason for not doing so: the acceleration is really slow, I floored the accelrator but the vehicle hardly moved. This may cause the high FC. The plus side, APV can take RON92, has big boot space, big interior space, aircon for all 3 rows, cheap selling price and high ground clearance (APV needs that as Indonesian roads quite prone to floods). If you have a limited budget and need a people carrier, APV is a vehicle not to be missed. Carens is good but the selling price is about $10000 more than APV and isn't as spacious as the APV and of coz it is a 2L vehicle.

Suprised that Jap brand cheaper than Kia..... this shows that if BM bring in Avanza (I think similar origin to APV, in Indonesia), All the MIK 7 seaters can't fight.... hahaha

But so far no good 7 seaters from MIK.... Wish and Stream still dominate.... so BM still no need to do that... hmmm...

It's a VAN!! Alright? No matter how refined and luxurious the interior may be, the exterior styling is ridiculously van like. Have you seen it side by side with a van? It's exactly the same in stature and in height, and the roof has those exact same slats as a van's running the length of it!

I find the looks acceptable and its comparably cheap compared to all others MPV, the all round aircon is one big plus point.

Anyway as a passenger, I think to be ferry around in a van can be as comfortable as in a normal saloon car, if not better because of the space. Not too sure for the driver.

If u dun mind the van look and probably van type of pickup and handling, what's else is stopping u?

To those who are considering APV, pros and cons:

Pros

1) Big

2) Stable

3) Spacious

4) Good Eye View

5) Cheap and Affordable

6) People Mover, easily can seat abt 7 to 8 pple.

Cons

1) FC abit high (9 to 10)

2) Under Power but can be improved with mods

3) Interior abit plastic but it does not matter much with all those Pros mentioned.

It does not matter how others look at your car. Will you die if others give negative remarks on the type of car you are driving? Its you who matter most.

↡ Advertisement