Solar film needed for rear privacy glass for JDM car?

Optoms

Neutral Newbie

I was told that those PI cars that come with rear privacy glass will not need any solar firm cos may fail inspection test 3 yr later. The industry standard is only the

front three pcs. So my questions are do the privacy glass come with IRR rejection which is important to reduce the heat and also do all PI give only 3 pcs solar firm

only?

Can anyone advise?

↡ Advertisement

I was told that those PI cars that come with rear privacy glass will not need any solar firm cos may fail inspection test 3 yr later. The industry standard is only the

front three pcs. So my questions are do the privacy glass come with IRR rejection which is important to reduce the heat and also do all PI give only 3 pcs solar firm

only?

Can anyone advise?

any glass have certain level of IR rejection, not to mention glass in darker colour. Its just the matter of how many percent.

I believe IR rejecting film need not come with a tint that could push your factory standard tinted glass over the allowed limit. Tell them to give you the transparent solar film.

hihi...Just bought my ride from Ben (Meridian Auto), a very satisfied customer, my rear comes with privacy glass and with V-kool tinting too...

only?

Can anyone advise?

Neutral Newbie

hihi...Just bought my ride from Ben (Meridian Auto), a very satisfied customer, my rear comes with privacy glass and with V-kool tinting too...

U sure rear got v kool solar firm?

My Subaru JDM has factory installed rear tint. Could not tahan the heat so went to V-Cool. V-Cool tested and the tint was already 22% light transmission. Could not add any additional film cos I wanted LTA compliance. So I just did the 3 front panels.

Tint is purely lowered light transmission. Does not have heat rejection properties that comes with film.

Gary u changed car?

Neutral Newbie

My Subaru JDM has factory installed rear tint. Could not tahan the heat so went to V-Cool. V-Cool tested and the tint was already 22% light transmission. Could not add any additional film cos I wanted LTA compliance. So I just did the 3 front panels.

Tint is purely lowered light transmission. Does not have heat rejection properties that comes with film.

like that how... mean that we can only install the front 3 pcs only. then the passenage behind will be hot.

Privacy glass for JDM does not have IRR rejection?

I have not come across any solar film that allows 99-100% light transmission. but I have to qualify that I only shortlist the major brands.

Even those used in front windsreen.. is at 83% light transmission.

http://solutions.3m.com.sg/wps/portal/3M/e...rfilm/techspec/

http://www.v-kool.com.sg/Get_V-KOOL.asp?cat=auto

http://www.huperoptik.com/ProductsSafety&Security.html

V-kool films mostly come with some light (UV) rejection, so if your windscreen is those type that comes tinted from factory fitting, chances are that v-kool films will not be possible to be used on top of it.

there are however, other brands that gives (almost) clear light rejection, but has good IR (heat) rejection specs. these are the ones that are suitable for installing onto the factory-fitted tinted glass (which, btw, block only light but not heat).

lots of the toyota wishes as far back as 2003/4 comes with 5 pcs rear tinted glass that have been installed with solar films that are LTA-compliant still.

Since then, there were lots of other models (Honda Streams, airwave, etc.) that were similar.

(edited)

The tint of those Toyota JDM glass is already just barely pass LTA test if they close one eye.

The clearest clear film is 89%.

So if you take tinted glass and fix another 89% film, end result will fail LTA test :)

Edited by Sgnick

Neutral Newbie

Sometimes malaysian traffic police will stop sg cars if too dark too... if drive across causeway beta not tint too much

Neutral Newbie

Yaloryalor bro how much is the fine? Me getting scared manz....

want to do, dont scared. want to scared, dont do.

↡ Advertisement