Wed whole Singapore no electricity?

Hammerhammer

My mum come tell me just now her coffeeshop colleague tell her to prepare some candles and torch light cos he heard his friend from Shanghai says there will be an event involving dunno what earth and moon then whole country will have no electricity. Anyone heard any news on this? [confused]

↡ Advertisement

It might sound stupid but my mother is taking it quite seriously. She tell me last time before I am born there is this time she and my late father was traveling back to their house in Kovan from Changi suddenly no street light whole singapore black out. LOL that was like 40 years ago. LOL

It might sound stupid but my mother is taking it quite seriously. She tell me last time before I am born there is this time she and my late father was traveling back to their house in Kovan from Changi suddenly no street light whole singapore black out. LOL that was like 40 years ago. LOL

U said it...40 years ago...

srsly, thats bullcrap and NOTHING is happening on wednesday.

actually no, there is some truth in this. apart from my friend's 21st birthday (happy birthday in advance greg!) there is a solar eclipse. WOAH!

TSE2009globe1a.JPG

and there is some show on channel U about it frm shanghai or smt.

google "solar eclipse"

=)

LOL...

The solar eclipse will happen in sg time of around 9am. What use do the candles & torches have? Prepare a pair of shades and watch the solar eclipse is more fun.

LOL...

The solar eclipse will happen in sg time of around 9am. What use do the candles & torches have? Prepare a pair of shades and watch the solar eclipse is more fun.

please do not look directly at the sun even with shades. or even worse look through a telescope or SLR camera. nowadays you just need a camera hp or videocam with rotating screen or lens to watch it safely [thumbsup]

just refrain from watching it directly with your naked eye. (or the galactic dog will swoop down and scratch your eyes [laugh] )

but 9am leh... i think i'll still be sleeping then. haha.

please do not look directly at the sun even with shades. or even worse look through a telescope or SLR camera. nowadays you just need a camera hp or videocam with rotating screen or lens to watch it safely [thumbsup]

just refrain from watching it directly with your naked eye. (or the galactic dog will swoop down and scratch your eyes [laugh] )

but 9am leh... i think i'll still be sleeping then. haha.

Dun worry. I will prepare some galactic doggy snacks like mooncake & sunbiscuits to distract it. [thumbsup]

I'm not watching a solar eclipse for the first time but thanks for the tip anyway. I usually watch it behind a welding mask. Its lens tinting is very suited for such events.

(edited)

Dun worry. I will prepare some galactic doggy snacks like mooncake & sunbiscuits to distract it. [thumbsup]

I'm not watching a solar eclipse for the first time but thanks for the tip anyway. I usually watch it behind a welding mask. Its lens tinting is very suited for such events.

YOU have a WELDING MASK?!?!?! [dead]

nice, i think that is the safest way. even if the sun blows up into a million bits and the sparks start flying at your face you can just stand and watch. [laugh]

hmmm... mooncake & sunbiscuits... mooncake festival coming soon right? mmmm... hungry you make me.

Edited by Amortifiedpenguin

My mum come tell me just now her coffeeshop colleague tell her to prepare some candles and torch light cos he heard his friend from Shanghai says there will be an event involving dunno what earth and moon then whole country will have no electricity. Anyone heard any news on this? [confused]

Sure or not ! I'm having dinner outside leh tis Wed !

Solar eclipse lah, bro! One of the longest in many years to come . . . . but best seen around India, not here.

Don't ever believe in coffee shop talk, whole load of rubbish [sleeping]