The NEW Yaris

Picanto

BM has re-intro the new facelifted Yaris. how come no one is talking about it? i went to other forums, also no one mention about it. do mcf forumers know about the new Yaris?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

There are a lot of other better alternatives with more attractive pricing and specs, top up with added safety features, if consumers have an open mind. More for those die-hard fans of T badge.

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

BM has re-intro the new facelifted Yaris. how come no one is talking about it? i went to other forums, also no one mention about it. do mcf forumers know about the new Yaris?

New model got turbo?

I think its a good alternative to Fit.. but maybe not so attractive compared to Sirion and the MIK budget 1.4s...

sirion is quite expensive. more than 50k leh........

looks really not much diff from the previous version, saw the car cost pdf from onemotoring.com.sg , seems that the cost is higher than vios for similar spec but selling same price haha.

maybe the SE are all promoting vios therefore no one really give a damn abt the "new" yaris, and generally singaporean like sedans better..i tink.

maybe the SE are all promoting vios therefore no one really give a damn abt the "new" yaris, and generally singaporean like sedans better..i tink.

Not really true, look how many more Fit/Jazz there are on the road compared to City. Or even for Kia Rio, I see more hatch than sedan.

I think bottom line is, Yaris is an overpriced and underperfoming product.

Not really true, look how many more Fit/Jazz there are on the road compared to City. Or even for Kia Rio, I see more hatch than sedan.

i thinks its failure its due to pricing. if BM is willing to lower it to the price of an Avante, i believe that sales of Yaris will pick up.

Supersonic

coz it's nothing exciting to tok abt? driven it b4 and it's juz a std buzzy econobox. an avante or forte makes better sense.

sirion is quite expensive. more than 50k leh........

I may be wrong, but when i last saw, Sirion is only 3-4k above Myvvi and MIKs, ard same price as swift... Whereas Vios and Yaris is another few k more ex than swift and sirion... Jazz is then of cos, then another few k above Vios and yaris....

So looking at this, Sirion is a cheap toyota, MIJ and bigger space than swift... 1.5L Sirion has 4 airbags, which i m sure is far better than yaris or vios... thus i think this car is v underrated...

lol i was referring to toyota buyers generally opting for the vios instead of yaris altho same price @ same specs.

It's the "more WU HUA" mentality=It's almost the same car and it has a boot somemore at same price, mai tu liao lor!! good bargain!!

Yea it's abit overpriced looknig at the cars in this price bracket, might as well go kimchi or wait abit for the SOUL hahaha head turner.

So looking at this, Sirion is a cheap toyota, MIJ and bigger space than swift... 1.5L Sirion has 4 airbags, which i m sure is far better than yaris or vios... thus i think this car is v underrated...

Yes, it's a hidden gem often overlooked by potential buyers, a secret not many know of it. It will bring you grins when revved hard and fuel economy does not seem to increase that much when heavy footing vs light footing. Probably due to DVVT engine.

Sirion is a better buy. As mentioned, Made in Japan, better standard specification (4 airbags), and it is actually sold in Japan as the Toyota Passo. The drawback is the crappy old showroom in Teban Gardens which puts people off. But make no mistake, the Sirion is actually a very decent car for the price. You'll spend two, three hours in a glitzy showroom buying a car, but you'll spend a lot more time sitting in the car you actually bought. One big plus is that the instruments are in front of the driver, and not in the middle of the dashboard for everyone in the car to see.

↡ Advertisement