2009 Skoda Superb

Velocity73

Neutral Newbie

any comments? Worth to buy? Suitable for what age?

owners please response, interested in this car.Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Suitable for all ages, good engine (TSI (Turbo for the spirited drive)- DSG ready, 7 Speeder (saves on petrol and in turns on your pocket) spacious back roll, plus spacious boot with twin feature.

I notice the new superb on the road has been getting alot of stares, today was in Jln Bukit Merah market and saw a chauffeur driven Skoda Superb! All silver, glimming under the afternoon sun. I took a pic of it only to be asked by the chauffeur what I was doing, I said nice car...than he spent 5 mins telling me how great the ride is.

Enough said. :)

Neutral Newbie

I have stranger coming up to me to ask more about the car. There is one instance when a driver actually stops beside my car and ask me to wind down my window just to ask about the car! Been enjoying this car since collecting it.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Have you tested the car yourself?

yes i have test drive the car, but i find the the 1st and 2nd gear is dragging. the power only kicks in the 3rd gear. I dun mind the badge but i felt that the design of the car is abit Ah Peck look,what do u guys think?

Edited by Velocity73

yes i have test drive the car, but i find the the 1st and 2nd gear is dragging. the power only kicks in the 3rd gear. I dun mind the badge but i felt that the design of the car is abit Ah Peck look,what do u guys think?

If you want both of both worlds, pls dont get this car. Ai Peen Ai Chee............

Neutral Newbie

If you want both of both worlds, pls dont get this car. Ai Peen Ai Chee............

Buying a car is not like getting clothes, please!!!! This car cost $100k and I am only asking for opinion from the forum. Thanks for your not much appreciated and with no content reply.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

any comments? Worth to buy? Suitable for what age?

owners please response, interested in this car.Thanks

Actually it should be suitable for all ages.....cos I'm only 33 this year and I'm driving one [laugh]

Its a very good car and you won't have any regrets driving it.....check out the other thread which another forumer has kindly given the link to....plenty of discussion on the car there.....

Only thing is the price now.....party due to the rising COE I guess.....

Edited by Speeddemon

well, if you don't like the 'ah-pek' look, you can always wait for the upcoming vRS (http://new.skoda-auto.com/COM/model/newoct...s/Pages/RS.aspx) ..... the SPB09 has a specific target mkt, if you know what I mean . [sly]

Then he may tell you that the leg room is not huge enough.

Basically ideally are:

Good Performance,

Spacious,

Luxury,

Good Looking,

Good FC,

In summary, Premium quality at not premium pricing

Pls correct me if I am wrong Velocity73 [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Then he may tell you that the leg room is not huge enough.

Basically ideally are:

Good Performance,

Spacious,

Luxury,

Good Looking,

Good FC,

In summary, Premium quality at not premium pricing

Pls correct me if I am wrong Velocity73 [sweatdrop]

Don't worry,thanks

http://www.------.com/articles/article.p...13&pageid=4

Link from CarBuyer on Superb vs 2.4L Accord

In a nutshell

As a whole, the Superb is an impressively good effort from Skoda. What it lacks in badge appeal, it more than makes up for it with its lively engine and gearbox combo, cabin refinement and spacious interior.

It's easy to see why the Honda Accord has been one of the top-selling models in its class for such a long time. The reliability associated with a Honda, along with the free-revving i-VTEC engine and faultless build, certainly comes together to create an enticing proposition.

Choosing between these two cars is not an easy decision to make, but after much deliberation, and given that the Superb comes with the smaller engine and more sophisticated transmission (which work together to deliver a punchier performance, and possibly lower fuel consumption), I'd probably plonk my money down on the Czech.

And of course, my wife will be terribly thrilled that she no longer has to put up with the stresses that come with parallel parking...

http://www.------.com/articles/article.p...13&pageid=4

Link from CarBuyer on Superb vs 2.4L Accord

In a nutshell

As a whole, the Superb is an impressively good effort from Skoda. What it lacks in badge appeal, it more than makes up for it with its lively engine and gearbox combo, cabin refinement and spacious interior.

It's easy to see why the Honda Accord has been one of the top-selling models in its class for such a long time. The reliability associated with a Honda, along with the free-revving i-VTEC engine and faultless build, certainly comes together to create an enticing proposition.

Choosing between these two cars is not an easy decision to make, but after much deliberation, and given that the Superb comes with the smaller engine and more sophisticated transmission (which work together to deliver a punchier performance, and possibly lower fuel consumption), I'd probably plonk my money down on the Czech.

And of course, my wife will be terribly thrilled that she no longer has to put up with the stresses that come with parallel parking...

Is the above from the article or you really plonk ur $$$ on the czech ? Sorry, it seems that MCF has something against your link article's site name ...... kena censored ..... [rolleyes]

Is the above from the article or you really plonk ur $$$ on the czech ? Sorry, it seems that MCF has something against your link article's site name ...... kena censored ..... [rolleyes]

yes, they seem to against the link on 1shift dot com.

↡ Advertisement