Is Tan Chong Servicing Package NPMP value for money?

Sazali

My advice don't sign up too soon after 10K... If yours is CVT, make sure the 4 servicing covers 60K, which is inclusive of CVT oil.

I start mine at 40K, so this would include 60K, and usually by 50K need to change belt too,also inclusive.

ah ok thanks..so after 10K just go for the normal 20k and 30K servicing at TCM before signing up for NPMP?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

ah ok thanks..so after 10K just go for the normal 20k and 30K servicing at TCM before signing up for NPMP?

20K and 30K can go outside workshop, such as Autosaver, for cheaper servicing, since not much component need to be change suring these 2 servicing.

Actually I wanted to start the NPMP at 50K, but TCM told me during 40K my belt in very bad condition, so started NPMP at 40K.

have both TC and KM service experience, if full marks is 10, than I vote TC 8 and KM 4

price: TC transparent & reasonable, KM non-transparent & rediculous

Waiting area: TC comfortable seats c/w light food & drink & coffee , KM non-comfortable seats and plain water & coffee puls biscuit

No one beat MM [smallcry] .

A simple 10k servicing cost me around $230. Lousy waiting area. The servicing is also slow. Tell them some problems and they always will try to make me complaint less by saying if too many things need to rectify, can not collect my car end of the day [thumbsdown]. And a lot of time, they do not even bother to explain what they did to my car.

However, they try their best lah. There is once I complaint some noise at door panel. When I collecting my car, as usual they never explain and said everything fixed. I found the same problem upon reaching my home. I call their manager on the next day and they send someone to collect my car from my workplace. Then they solve the problem, wash my car and send it back to me to my work place without any charge [thumbsup]

But, but, I still rate them low as they should try to fix all problems I feedback or at least tell me what they did. And the price I paid is like almost double of what i paid outside.

Also, one of the most ridiculous thing is you can never bring in any of your own stuffs and also MUST let them service your car or else warranty void [sweatdrop]

Tats becoz it is not offered for ur car :p

Also, its more applicable for ppl whose annual mileage is normal to high. Ur mileage shld be quite low hence there is no need. Give me a call if u need more details [flowerface]

How I hope I can get this NPMP for my Mazda [shakehead]

(edited)

20K and 30K can go outside workshop, such as Autosaver, for cheaper servicing, since not much component need to be change suring these 2 servicing.

Actually I wanted to start the NPMP at 50K, but TCM told me during 40K my belt in very bad condition, so started NPMP at 40K.

if for 20K and 30K go outside workshop servicing will that void the Nissan warranty??

Edited by Sazali

Some ADs allow you service outside workshops for odd numbers milages .i.e. 30K 50K 70K 90K but require you go back to them for major like 20K, 40K, 60K, 80K & 100K....

It is best to make friend with AD's service adviser and he let out the secret... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the feedback guys..think i'll sign up for NPMP once the 3 free servicing to 10K is over..

I might oso consider signing up for Tan Chong Malaysia NPMP, they have 2 service centres in Jaybee area..I checked almost half price hahahhahaha

They accept Singapore Nissans? If half price, worth considering...

Hypersonic

They accept Singapore Nissans? If half price, worth considering...

Last I read is they do accept singapore car, but as their market do not have CVT, hence no CVT oil change. It would be worst if the techniciam top up ATF oil into your CVT, during 40K....

Better check with the people at the latio club first or call the malaysia TCM, if my sattement is true...

Tats becoz it is not offered for ur car :p

Also, its more applicable for ppl whose annual mileage is normal to high. Ur mileage shld be quite low hence there is no need. Give me a call if u need more details [flowerface]

I see, thanx bro! [thumbsup]

Nissan TC servicing is really good, that's one of the main reason, I still go for nissan for my 2nd car. I recal I have a blown light bulb in one of my car taillight which is not the original tailight, i actually change the entire tailight to a made-in-taiwan cheong model . when the one of the lightbulb is blown, I thot of going bk to the accessories shop to change after servicing at TC, but to my surprise, they have change my blown lamp for me w/o me telling them to do it n moreover it is not the original nissan tailight. Im so impressed.

I just take up NPMP last sat. Complain about noise when turning steering wheel and car boot squeak sound when open. They change steering coupling and spring mechanism of car boot, no extra cost involved.

Even manage to find a nail on 1 tire and patch it up, service charge of $12. I didn't know until they tell me. Show that they are really doing work.

Hypersonic

I just take up NPMP last sat. Complain about noise when turning steering wheel and car boot squeak sound when open. They change steering coupling and spring mechanism of car boot, no extra cost involved.

Even manage to find a nail on 1 tire and patch it up, service charge of $12. I didn't know until they tell me. Show that they are really doing work.

Which service center did you go to?

(edited)

Bukit Timah. I like the place and service more than toa payoh.

Been going there since 3 years ago for previous ride, got 2 year free NPMP. Now with new ride, just go ahead with the package. I think of all ADs TC has one of the best deals.

Good service does retain customers. [thumbsup]

Edited by Pchmj

Bukit Timah. I like the place and service more than toa payoh.

Been going there since 3 years ago for previous ride, got 2 year free NPMP. Now with new ride, just go ahead with the package. I think of all ADs TC has one of the best deals.

Good service does retain customers. [thumbsup]

I agree.

TC does provide good service, their servicing cost is transparent as they provide detailed breakdowns (though they may not be the cheapest).

they dun ask many questions when u cite a problem and want to change parts when your vehicle is under warranty.