Is Tan Chong Servicing Package NPMP value for money?

Sazali

any idea why teana is not part of it?

what package can teana owners opt for then???

thanks!

pick up the phone and call tan chong. what's so difficult about that?

↡ Advertisement

HI there,

I am consider to sign up the NPMP service because my ride 3 year warrently is coming to an end.

Why BT branch got extra free service? How much did you spend for the program?

I completed my full NPMP which was meant for a good 36 months.

I inherited this NPMP when I purchase a used Sunny 12 months back.

This NPMP is transferrable and it actuallys brings up

the value of your resale which also explains why I

ended up buying my current ride.

Throughout the NPMP, I have changed FOC Brake Pads/Disc/Absorbers, All

belts, AT oil, all fluids, wipers and best of all, I changed my meter console

which I saw the cost is $1.2K if I were to pay for it.

NPMP is good cos it replaces every single item if faulty (Other then accersories) and

batteries can be purchased @ 25% off during this cover.

If not for the costly renewal, I would have signed up another

24 months NPMP again.

Hi, I bought a 4 yr old cefiro and inherited the NPMP from the previous owner. I'm surprise that NPMP covers things like belts, absorbers, etc. Is that true?

Hi, I bought a 4 yr old cefiro and inherited the NPMP from the previous owner. I'm surprise that NPMP covers things like belts, absorbers, etc. Is that true?

Belts yes but adsorbers....I do not think so..can call to ask.

1st Gear

With so many other big workshops like autosaver which I came across to me as quite favourable in this forum, would you think the maintenance package of TC is still attractive. I have a 7 year celfiro with possible engine mounting problem, thinking of asking TC to do the servicing and replace the engine mounting.

Mine is under NPMP, recently CEL lighted and sent to TC to diagnose. Found the O2 sensor kaput and cost about $280 to replace (labour $100) [bigcry]

During recent 120K servicing, TC informed about the shock absorber damper and top mounting need to replace, I rejected and sent it to Auto Aid at Toh Guan and got it replaced [laugh] Auto Aid is set up by a group of former TC mechanic, thus after expire of my NPMP I will service over there. :D

Edited by Phmaksg

Mine is under NPMP, recently CEL lighted and sent to TC to diagnose. Found the O2 sensor kaput and cost about $280 to replace (labour $100) [bigcry]

During recent 120K servicing, TC informed about the shock absorber damper and top mounting need to replace, I rejected and sent it to Auto Aid at Toh Guan and got it replaced [laugh] Auto Aid is set up by a group of former TC mechanic, thus after expire of my NPMP I will service over there. :D

And all along I thought NPMP covers all standard wear and tear parts change. Maybe for your O2 sensor not that standard but for shock absorber and mounting should be quite standard right?

My 0.02 would be to just sign up NPMP if your car is under warranty. After warranty, you are free to go anywhere you like. If you service in JB, would TC keep the warranty??? I am not sure about this part.

Based on my experience with Honda, Nissan and Mazda, I would rate Nissan the number 1 in terms of service and cost. If I was in your position, I would just continue to sign NPMP even after warranty becasue it is Tan Chong's service!

And all along I thought NPMP covers all standard wear and tear parts change. Maybe for your O2 sensor not that standard but for shock absorber and mounting should be quite standard right?

NPMP covers only a/con belting, brake pads, bulbs (not head lamp), wiper blade and others limited parts only. Absorber damper, top mount, O2 sensor snd other expendable parts is still chargable unless yours still fall within the 3 years 100000Km warranty. Inorder to clear your doubt, please call TC fo find out more prior signing up.

FYI, this is my 3rd NPMP for my Sylphy.

NPMP covers only a/con belting, brake pads, bulbs (not head lamp), wiper blade and others limited parts only. Absorber damper, top mount, O2 sensor snd other expendable parts is still chargable unless yours still fall within the 3 years 100000Km warranty. Inorder to clear your doubt, please call TC fo find out more prior signing up.

FYI, this is my 3rd NPMP for my Sylphy.

Will you continue to sign up for NPMP assuming you continue to drive? By then, the mileage willl probably hit 140k right?

Will you continue to sign up for NPMP assuming you continue to drive? By then, the mileage willl probably hit 140k right?

I will switch to Auto Aid after my last servicing (130K) as their mechanic is formerly from TC and is very well experienced , furthermore they do have the Nissan consult to diagnose. I have steering mount, absorber damper and top mount replaced by them and their skill is good and pricing definitely cheaper than TC. [:)] TC ever quoted to replace just the absorber damper already about $300 liao.... [mad]

Edited by Phmaksg

I will switch to Auto Aid after my last servicing (130K) as their mechanic is formerly from TC and is very well experienced , furthermore they do have the Nissan consult to diagnose. I have steering mount, absorber damper and top mount replaced by them and their skill is good and pricing definitely cheaper than TC. [:)] TC ever quoted to replace just the absorber damper already about $300 liao.... [mad]

thanks for sharing, looking at alternative source as well once my NPMP ends.

bro, can share the add or contact? [:p]

Neutral Newbie

I completed my full NPMP which was meant for a good 36 months.

I inherited this NPMP when I purchase a used Sunny 12 months back.

This NPMP is transferrable and it actuallys brings up

the value of your resale which also explains why I

ended up buying my current ride.

Throughout the NPMP, I have changed FOC Brake Pads/Disc/Absorbers, All

belts, AT oil, all fluids, wipers and best of all, I changed my meter console

which I saw the cost is $1.2K if I were to pay for it.

NPMP is good cos it replaces every single item if faulty (Other then accersories) and

batteries can be purchased @ 25% off during this cover.

If not for the costly renewal, I would have signed up another

24 months NPMP again.

I'm not sure about the addition charge but when I see on the website, it state that 'Renewal - addition charges'

How many still under this NPMP program? Do they charge extra for the materials change out?

↡ Advertisement