Where to buy fastest battery charger?

Eyke

Supercharged

not driving long enough to keep battery fully charged,

so though to buy a battery charger,

but don't stay landed so need one that can charge fast.

so qn is where to buy fastest battery charger?

thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

its better to do a slow or trickle charge for car batteries

for most kinds of batteries i think.. which kinds fare better on fast charge?

Fast charge generate much more heat and should not be allowed to continue charging than necessary. For good performance sealed and MF lead acid batteries should be charged only using slow or trickle charger.

Trickle or slow charge is so 90's .

Simlim tower sells Ctek battery charger or check out limbat.com to see the whole range.

Good for those who install security cam in car to have this battery charger,as the cameras can drain out the car battery within two days if the car is left undriven.

This type of new age charger can revive dead batteries. One need not buy any new batteries if one has this charger.

Trickle or slow charge is so 90's .

Simlim tower sells Ctek battery charger or check out limbat.com to see the whole range.

Good for those who install security cam in car to have this battery charger,as the cameras can drain out the car battery within two days if the car is left undriven.

This type of new age charger can revive dead batteries. One need not buy any new batteries if one has this charger.

whatever u recommended is superior because? [rolleyes]

i guess stupidity is still fashionable [grin]

Supercharged
(edited)

Yr battery capacity(amp/hr) and do you experience frequent staring problem.

it's 500CCA, Reserve Capacity of 90mins, doesn't state Ah though, lead-acid sealed MF type.

no problems yet, but i noticed that it'll only be fully charged if i drive continously

for at least 40mins everyday, ie. seems to lose charge quite fast.

my previous one died after 18mths,

the current one (same model) is already 8mths,

and i would like it to last another 17mths if possible.

as mentioned, i don't live in landed (but won't be plugging into public points)

so i can't leave charger plugged in for more than 1hr.

how long does trickle-charger take to charge up to full from say 70-80%?

Edited by Eyke

(edited)

Trickle dosent really affect the bulk charging time. The charger goes into trickle mode, which charges the battery slowly, only when the batt is full/close to full. This is to maintain the batt at max without overcharging.

Edited by Icyfreakass

(edited)

If you parked your car in the open then this device might be of interest fto you, it's a 2w solar charger. I just ordered mine through one of my supplier, now still waiting for it's arrival.

solar01.jpg

Edited by Trex101

For MF I suggest you only use slow or trickle charger.Frankly 40min minute of drive at city speed hardly allows the alternator to generate enough and with spare amps to be store in the battery. If your max charging time is 1 hr, trickle charge is out of the question as such chargers output is normally not more than 0.2 amp.

Assuming yr battery is 60Amp hr and is always 20% below full charge, if you use a slow charger with output of 5amp, the battery will be back to full charge only after 2.4 to 3 hr of continuous charging. A trickle charger will complete the task in 60hrs.

Solar panels is one of the bast choice for Singaporean living in high rise flats/apartments but solar panels have many set backs at this moment.First silicon solar cells are still very expensive to manufacture and therefore the retail prices are high and most of them are manufactured for temperate countries and therefore material used may not be suitable for our hot and humid tropical enviroment especially inside the car cabin where the temp can reach more than 40 deg c. Secondly the output is very low for example a 10watt the max output is only 0.83 amp assuming the sun rays is direct on the cells for maybe only few hours and thereafter the output will drop. For the low output of 2 watt , I double one will notice the battery is being charged.

Unless the solar panel plug in cigarette lighter comes with safety feature , I for one will not allow the solar charger operate unattended over few days or maybe weeks.

For MF I suggest you only use slow or trickle charger.Frankly 40min minute of drive at city speed hardly allows the alternator to generate enough and with spare amps to be store in the battery. If your max charging time is 1 hr, trickle charge is out of the question as such chargers output is normally not more than 0.2 amp.

Assuming yr battery is 60Amp hr and is always 20% below full charge, if you use a slow charger with output of 5amp, the battery will be back to full charge only after 2.4 to 3 hr of continuous charging. A trickle charger will complete the task in 60hrs.

Solar panels is one of the bast choice for Singaporean living in high rise flats/apartments but solar panels have many set backs at this moment.First silicon solar cells are still very expensive to manufacture and therefore the retail prices are high and most of them are manufactured for temperate countries and therefore material used may not be suitable for our hot and humid tropical enviroment especially inside the car cabin where the temp can reach more than 40 deg c. Secondly the output is very low for example a 10watt the max output is only 0.83 amp assuming the sun rays is direct on the cells for maybe only few hours and thereafter the output will drop. For the low output of 2 watt , I double one will notice the battery is being charged.

Unless the solar panel plug in cigarette lighter comes with safety feature , I for one will not allow the solar charger operate unattended over few days or maybe weeks.

Well said [thumbsup] , photovoltaic cells so small hardly do anything useful for the battery. Maybe just enough to keep memory alive for electronics... the hot temps after 3-4 hrs under hot sun is enough to negate any benefits for such a contraption [shakehead]

Trickle charging is also not feasible unless you stay in landed property. Fast charging using a variable 4-8amp is also not feasible, size of the charge station is too bulky. Both needs AC socket.

You are right, even 30-40 mins of driving may not fully charge the battery since we use air-con all the time. It is the biggest power robber.... some more we have radio, dvd, gps, bluetooth, mobile phone charger, aftermarket gauges, reverse camera, aftermarket alarm... the list goes on

Every additional electrical item in the stock car adds to the parasitic load of the alternator. Don't forget also auto cars tend to use more battery power as well [sweatdrop]

Thanks for your insight Yeobh,

I have a 5yr old battery on my Ford right now, i did a Hydrometer(1.2+) and voltage check(12.4v) after sitting overnight, ambient temperature around 5'c. From the battery chart, it seem like my battery can maintain only 70% charge after 1 night.

The question is, will my 2w solar charger maintain the charge longer? maybe drag another 3-4days more? cos sometime i didn't drive the car for up to 5 days or longer, the longest i had tried are 7 days when i'm back Singapore. It's take longer to crank but i did manage to start.

My car battery also cannot hold its charge properly (even though it is quite new)..... maybe due to aftermarket gadget and short distance driving.....

Will a battery charger possibly solve this issue? If so, any recommendation? Thanks.....