Job Hunting (need help~!)

Andy_1703

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros and sistas

My gf had been looking for a job for 2months but still no luck..

She is a graduate in UOL Bsc Business (expecting a First class honours) and looking for HR, Marketing or Operations positions..

She had some pior experience in HR and Marketing..

Anyone's company have an opening can please PM me??

Appreciate any help rendered!

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I forgot to add..she tried jobsdb, jobstreet, kellyservices and recruit express but no luck so far..

So i decided to try my luck here..

Thanks

I forgot to add..she tried jobsdb, jobstreet, kellyservices and recruit express but no luck so far..

Thanks

the success rate over here is even lower. this is a car forum afterall.

anyway, ask her to lower down her salary requirements. there are also many degree holders competing for jobs with her.

Turbocharged

It might be tougher at this moment as many grads have just attended the convocation and are joining the job market [sweatdrop].

Neutral Newbie

the success rate over here is even lower. this is a car forum afterall.

anyway, ask her to lower down her salary requirements. there are also many degree holders competing for jobs with her.

yea..but thought there are many members here with a wide range of job types..might still have a chance..

Doesnt hurt to try.. Her expectation is not very high le..

Thanks anyway..

(edited)

I think it will get even tougher in the coming months.

nah... actually i dont agree.. as long as expectations is not set too high den i guess its ok.. for example.. i heard from my HR there a fresh grad applied for a position starting ask $3k neg. my first reaction was she study medicine arh? SIAO! im not assuming TS gf is asking that kinda amt. but im just saying maybe nowadays alot of people search for job ask this ask that want this and that.. all ridiculous.

when i switch company 4 mths ago i had 4 offers. but maybe im in accounts industry. and the demand is somewhat always there. so i guess the industry plays a huge part too.

Edited by Robo

Try the mental hospital for HR post. Not joking. There should be vacancy available as every now and then saw them advert that positions. Heard that the employee there drawn about 15 mths salary per annual. However, pls take note that the HR employee there must work OT hor as during office hour, they run errand/meeting. only have time to site down to clear their stuff after office hr.

Thanks

Internet is global. People overseas who want to work in S'pore will also apply for that same job on those same websites. So when your gf applies for jobs listed there she is literally competing with the whole world for that job. Same goes for big agencies like those you mentioned. That job ur gf applied for is probably in the job list in their India office, for example.

Maybe your gf should try those smaller agencies.

hi bro,

can ask her to call me or pm me. I am looking for a education consultant.

not high basic, but good comission scheme.

Neutral Newbie

Try the mental hospital for HR post. Not joking. There should be vacancy available as every now and then saw them advert that positions. Heard that the employee there drawn about 15 mths salary per annual. However, pls take note that the HR employee there must work OT hor as during office hour, they run errand/meeting. only have time to site down to clear their stuff after office hr.

Thanks bro for the suggestion..Will ask her to try looking there..

Neutral Newbie

nah... actually i dont agree.. as long as expectations is not set too high den i guess its ok.. for example.. i heard from my HR there a fresh grad applied for a position starting ask $3k neg. my first reaction was she study medicine arh? SIAO! im not assuming TS gf is asking that kinda amt. but im just saying maybe nowadays alot of people search for job ask this ask that want this and that.. all ridiculous.

when i switch company 4 mths ago i had 4 offers. but maybe im in accounts industry. and the demand is somewhat always there. so i guess the industry plays a huge part too.

Hmm..she is looking more for the prospect rather than the pay..pay wise, her expectation is only 2.3-2.4 which i feel is not high given her profile?? i guess you are right..industry matters..

Hmm..she is looking more for the prospect rather than the pay..pay wise, her expectation is only 2.3-2.4 which i feel is not high given her profile?? i guess you are right..industry matters..

u might wanna ask her to lower her basic even more. mayb3 between 1.8-2.2k. thats the norm for non professional graduates.

her expected pay is too high. i think if she still wants this type of high pay, then be prepared for more jobless months. a realistic pay would be around 1.8k per mth.

I reckon she should lower her expected salary...get on board a company and gain experience, from there she will have a better

chance...

2.3-2.4k for such degree is way too high for a starting grad.

anyway, ask her to try OCBC, DBS, UOB FGIP (Finance Graduate Immersion) programme for operations. *google it*

they mass hiring.

I think her expected pay is OK.

Has she landed any interviews? If not, perhaps u could help her rewrite her resume? If yes, then perhaps she could brush up on her interview skills.