Recommendation for private driving instructor near BBDC

Yr1985

Alamak, I lost my instructor's number liao. [blush]

You can go to Gombak MRT the carpark and look around. The instructors hang around there.

My instructor name is Mr Ong. Drives Lancer. Got mustache one.

• Praise 1

Thanks bro. Prefer recommendation based on good experience from people here...Can you remember the plate number?

Turbocharged

Besides the designated routes, does the driving school instructor cover other non-standard routes too?

Many years ago, my father was my driving instructor and I drove all over Singapore with an "L" plate, minus away the expressway of course.

Besides the designated routes, does the driving school instructor cover other non-standard routes too?

Many years ago, my father was my driving instructor and I drove all over Singapore with an "L" plate, minus away the expressway of course.

No they do not, they stick to their routes which makes it a bit monotonous at times

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

There is a Mr Quek who taught me with patience. I took the test with his new lancer back in 2007. PM me for his contacts. 1st time PASSED!

Thanks bro. Prefer recommendation based on good experience from people here...Can you remember the plate number?

He quite okay. I first time pass.

He changed his car since I passed, so I dun remember the plate.

Neutral Newbie

Private one boh ho lah , , , what's wrong with drivin' school?

bro, many of the so called instructors in these driving schools are even ex students of these old birds. they have been around for like 30-40 years.

so long as you have a min GCE O levels and class 3, you can apply to be an instructor at the schools. ON the contrary, TP don't issue licenses for private instructors anymore.

So, the real shi-fus are the private instructors. [flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros,

There is a Mr Quek who taught me with patience. I took the test with his new lancer back in 2007. PM me for his contacts. 1st time PASSED!

Hi,

Does he teach in Mandarin or English? Cos my Mandarin no good.

Try Mr Tay! highly recommended! He is a private instructor teaches at BBDC.

This guy don't waste your time and talk nosense.

He even provide you notes on parking, turnings. . . etc

Can speak in english properly. so dun worry about he being a "chicken" and you a "duck".

Here's where i found him on the internet:

Singapore Driving Instructor

Neutral Newbie

hi, i also take private driving license too actuali i was from BBDC but convert to private,.. my instructor name is Albert and

driving white lancer.. from tere i like lancer [laugh] tats y i bought lancer.. so if u want his contact i cn gv u but 1st time

drive with him, he's a bit kanchiong and sometimes abit naggy but overall the way he teach is good.. he will ask u wat u

weak at and he will teach u till get used to it.. if u want i can gv to u.. :D

Edited by LoL

Hi,

Does he teach in Mandarin or English? Cos my Mandarin no good.

:D Not to worry lah. I was even worse in mandarin, i think, and my private driving instructor (also based in gombak) is mostly chinese-speaking. Also can pass :D Just need to catch a few key phrases and terminology for cars in mandarin.

In fact, the instructor told me, I'll probably be a better driver since I can read and understand all those expressway EMAS electronic signboards!!! He said he can't understand the longer messages on road closures, etc.

↡ Advertisement