Meguair's Ultimate Compound anyone?

Spinworkx

Has anyone tried this product?

It's newly launched.

I bought a bottle to try and i must say it is fantastic.

I've previously tried the scratch X, the swirlX and what have yous....all the swirl and scratch removers in the market...someone none worked easily and well to me...

I'm not one of those owns those professional polishers and use those abrasive compounds etc...

I'm just your everyday foam applicator on, wipe off guys so i can't buy those industrial grade swirl removers la....

I was surprised how easy this was to use...jsut like any other "wax/cleaner/polishers" in the market, just apply, and wipe off.

I was amazed at how it managed to get rid of alot of water stains, swirls and even scratches...didn't take much effort at all...

Of course, after all that, i coated it with the DG ES and the #105 to finish is off :)

ANd it's not expensive either, $16 a bottle...and it works...so i'm happy with it...but since it's a "compound" i guess can't use it too often huh..

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Its now on promo at suntec carefour... $16 /bottle... Was also considering this when i saw it....

Seems like a good 1 if it can remove the abovementioned easily..

Yes, that's where i bought it from...

If you're looking at something to remove scratches then yes, this is by far the easiest and best product i've used..

Forget the SwirlX or ScratchX, i tried both before....both didn't work...for some reason the SwirlX worked on a Vios but not on my Civic...but thie Ultimate Compound worked so to me it's good :)

Has anyone tried this product?

It's newly launched.

I bought a bottle to try and i must say it is fantastic.

I've previously tried the scratch X, the swirlX and what have yous....all the swirl and scratch removers in the market...someone none worked easily and well to me...

I'm not one of those owns those professional polishers and use those abrasive compounds etc...

I'm just your everyday foam applicator on, wipe off guys so i can't buy those industrial grade swirl removers la....

I was surprised how easy this was to use...jsut like any other "wax/cleaner/polishers" in the market, just apply, and wipe off.

I was amazed at how it managed to get rid of alot of water stains, swirls and even scratches...didn't take much effort at all...

Of course, after all that, i coated it with the DG ES and the #105 to finish is off :)

ANd it's not expensive either, $16 a bottle...and it works...so i'm happy with it...but since it's a "compound" i guess can't use it too often huh..

haha..bro good to hear that..since it states as a compound then better not to use it often..you try washing a few times and see if the swirl re- appear again..at least you know if it is a compound or filler... [thumbsup]

Tried Scratch-X before on my lancer for a 3" thin scratch and where you can feel the scratch part on the paint. Manage to clear the scratch and smoothen the paint! Amazing, but need to use quite alot of the product on the scratch portion and go rather thoroughly.

Saw the Ultimate Compound and decided to try on rooftop with moderate-to-bad water marks, and bonnet with some swirl marks. Applied few times and gave up! Simply too tiring and did not see any significant improvements. Perhaps my application method (manual hand application) was not right?

Anyway, sent the car for pro grooming to remove the water and swirl marks. Maintaining with DG stuffs now! :D

Yea, the UC by hand quite useless...use a machine much better to remove swirls...i'll wash the car a few times to test....i only bought to try for fun...cause well...my car forever got water marks and all that staing like bird poop...even if i sent to professional to get rid for me, the next day, confirm wil kena again...dunno why birds like black cars so much...dun park under tree also will kena daily.so sian...

?? I tot u said in your 1st post its effective by hand? So its useless if I don't have machine? I also have foam applicator and cloth onli leh... lol

Bro, u so pro use machine liao still say juz a everyday foam applicator guy.

if need to use machine then the product cant be used for most of us liaoz.. [smallcry]

The normal guy on the street juz wana something that can wipe on and off by elbow grease. [laugh]

Hey guys, I bought the UC to try 'cos it's meant for hand application or DA machine, not for rotary. Too bad it doesn't work for me. :P

Neutral Newbie

You guys if unsure, can request Meguiars to organise a training for you guys. Free, got gifts and lunch. hehe. I attended before, really not bad.

So the next time the trainer Matt Davis come to Singapore, maybe he can see you guys.

Meguiar's DIY products (wax, sealant, quick detailer) I dont' quite like, but when it comes to detailing (compound, polish), I think they are great.

Neutral Newbie

Matt Davis will be in town to lead a training on 4 Aug, sad to say that attendance is full. luckily i managed to secure myself a seat... [cool]

Bro, u so pro use machine liao still say juz a everyday foam applicator guy.

if need to use machine then the product cant be used for most of us liaoz.. [smallcry]

The normal guy on the street juz wana something that can wipe on and off by elbow grease. [laugh]

I'm not using professional polisher la...just a cheapo Black & Decker one...the ones you can buy from carrefour...

It's not different from using hand other than you dun use as much energy...it's low speed and not powerful..

I did try the UC by hand and it works but need to use alot of strength...to do whole car...can la...but after that i think i will be too tired to do anything else...so just use the machine to do the dirty work for me lor...

I find it works on my Honda paintwork which is VERY soft...so it removes the scratch easily...but being soft...new scratches soon reappear again...so sians...stupid Honda...I guess at the end of the day..i gotta keep using it or respray the whole car la...remove scratch liao, new ones appear...haiz

Ya... Tried last weekend....Need to work on it, on a specific spot, maybe abt 2 passes of aggressive rotating of the applicator, then can remove the waterspots... but even then, also not completely, still left a bit of craters. If you are using it for scratches, I think need even more passes...

Overall, works but if u r using hand, its going to be v v xiong to do the whole car...

Neutral Newbie

bro i don't understand why u keep getting new scratches?

could it be your washing materials or technique.

polishing compound are not recommended to use it so often.

Edited by Newage