Supernatural Makcik terrorizing HDB Heartlanders

Ahtong

There is an urban legend making the rounds currently about this old Malay woman who goes from door to door selling keropok. If you refuse to buy from her, she will unlease her pet Ms P on you. Another version is that she will ask to rest in your house and if you let her in, she will do something terrifying.

In my opinion, this is a load of cow droppings but it is entertaining nonetheless. [laugh]

Here is a link

The only makcik I fear is the one who can issue out summons [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

interesting...

never heard of this though...

some interesting local urban legends i have heard of since young are:

1. pontianaks will visit u if u tie a red thread to a banana tree

2. children were kidnapped by dog-headed people to use their skulls for construction of bridges and buildings

3. say excuse me when pee near a tree

4. say excuse me when accidentally step on ashes of burnt hell papers during 7th month

5. no swimming during 7th month

[bounce2] [bounce2]

interesting...

2. children were kidnapped by dog-headed people to use their skulls for construction of bridges and buildings

4. say excuse me when accidentally step on ashes of burnt hell papers during 7th month

[bounce2] [bounce2]

I've known real idiots who believe in these!

(edited)

interesting...

[bounce2] [bounce2]

haha....i remembered that urban legend during primary school days abt chopping children heads to be used as stumps for a long bridge that was being built in the late 70's.......no prize for guessing right [sly] ......it circulated like wild fire in the markets that my mom insisted i took a school bus for the next 6 mths :D

Edited by Hotamp

There is an urban legend making the rounds currently about this old Malay woman who goes from door to door selling keropok. If you refuse to buy from her, she will unlease her pet Ms P on you. Another version is that she will ask to rest in your house and if you let her in, she will do something terrifying.

In my opinion, this is a load of cow droppings but it is entertaining nonetheless. [laugh]

Here is a link

The only makcik I fear is the one who can issue out summons [laugh]

heard loads of stories bout it, but yet to encounter. . .

could be just another darn rumours about this "makcik"

and yes, the summons makcik more terrifying. . . [bounce2]

haha....i remembered that urban legend during primary school days abt chopping children heads to be used as stumps for a long bridge that was being built in the late 70's.......no prize for guessing right [sly] ......it circulated like wild fire in the markets that my mom insisted i took a school bus for the next 6 mths :D

My neighbour said the same to me too. Kept telling that the bridge contractor was out to get children heads. :D :D

My neighbour said the same to me too. Kept telling that the bridge contractor was out to get children heads. :D :D

i guess the bridge contractor was half nippon joint venture...thats why the rumour started hahaha.

Supercharged

dun laugh.....

pontianaks are real...... just that in SG, been a built up city, u dun see them.... u stay in kampong rural areas, they are there.... and yes, banana plants are related to them as well

u dunno anything, dun anyhow say that its rubbish.....

and also about saying sorry when peeing near a tree or anywhere outside.... this is true also....

Supercharged

dun laugh.....

pontianaks are real...... just that in SG, been a built up city, u dun see them.... u stay in kampong rural areas, they are there.... and yes, banana plants are related to them as well

and also about saying sorry when peeing near a tree or anywhere outside.... this is true also....

Neutral Newbie

interesting...

When I was a about 4 or 5 I urinated at the base of a tree without saying excuse me (didn't know have to). Not long after, I got a fever that won't go away even after taking doctor's medicine. The fever won't go away for longer than the usual duration so my grandmother suggested to my mum to ask a medium what's wrong. The medium said that I had urinated at a tree which upset the resident spirit. So the medium suggested to my mum to burn some offerings to that spirit and apologise. She did and my fever went away.

I believe it. Of course if you don't believe it, you can come up with all sorts of explanations to explain it away. Nevertheless, I won't take the risk of not saying excuse me again if I do urinate outdoors.

I have one major phobia regarding peeing in the wild. I am very scared there may be a cobra hiding nearby. One snake biting another snake if you get my drift. [bigcry]

To add to the urban legend list, if someone calls out your name from behind during 7th month, you are supposed to turn the whole body around and not just the head. The superstition is that humans have 3 lights - 1 on the forehead and 1 on each shoulder so by turning the whole body, you can high beam the spirit.

Turbocharged

dun laugh.....

knn, did i say it's rubbish??

i said it's urban legend

[furious][furious]

Cool down.

"They" do exist, those people who encounter it before will know, for those who never experienced it. Believe it or not, is up to individual.

The truth is out there.... :excl:

This urban legend is putting unneccessary fear on children/adult for those keropok aunties. Once a while my place also have keropok auntie, bought some before, and it's ok..

Neutral Newbie

I've known real idiots who believe in these!

I have also known of real i**** who choose not to believe in it [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement